• 6 Post By userjh160
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Fimco 60 gal boomless PTO sprayer

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks

Fimco 60 gal boomless PTO sprayer

Took advantage of TSC's 15% military discount yesterday and picked this up. Went ahead and taped the connections per reviews and some advice I received from a forum member. One nozzle shut off valve is leaking but seems good to go other than that. Instructions left a lot to be desired but it wasnt too complicated.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 3038E; RC2048, 4' Box Blade, Forks, 5' Rear Blade, 2017 Z920M

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,401 Posts
    I have the 45 gallon 3 point sprayer and I have the 3 head spray bar on the base of the sprayer, similar to what you have. I have found that I can consistently get 15' spray widths using the system and its much easier than having the spray booms hanging out to the sides and dealing with obstacles, etc.

A great way to test your spray patterns is to fill the sprayer with water and spray it over paved areas. I take it into the c ul de sac in front of my home which is 98' across and I can test the spray width and keep adjusting it to see what is actually spraying out of the sprayer. Focusing on complete covering within the pattern, verses trying to get the pattern as wide as possible, and the sprayer works extremely well.

Don't forget the sprayer is about 450 pounds when full, so depending upon the tractor, you might need some weight on the front of the tractor if you don't have the FEL on the machine.

Since my sprayer is 12 volt powered and not PTO driven, I have a wireless remote control system on a key fob for my sprayer. Very handy to be able to turn the sprayer flow control on and off with the key fob as when I reach the road or other areas where I don't want to spray, its simply a matter of pushing the button and shutting off the pump,

Be careful to winterize the sprayer really well. Some people use RV Anti freeze, I prefer to take the line off the pump and blow compressed air through the hoses and lines to make sure all the fluid it out.........Also, if you are going to be switching from one product to another in your sprayer, I suggest the sprayer "tank cleaner and rinse" which I picked up from the local tractor box store for about $20 for a 32 ounce powdered container, which will clean my sprayer tank about 4 times...............

Fimco 32oz Sprayer Tank Neutralizer and Cleaner 5173029
    Last edited by SulleyBear; 07-06-2019 at 11:47 AM. Reason: added content
    BigJim55 likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

userjh160 (07-07-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 08:12 PM
    Thanks
    I ran some water through to check the spray pattern and had to tweak one nozzle a little. The two side nozzles seem to be spraying evenly now. I'm going to call Fimco tomorrow and see if they will send a replacement center nozzle assembly. It sprays ok but leaks. I went back to TSC and they swapped the cracked tip shut off with one they had on the yard.

I mixed a batch of fish fertilizer yesterday for the yard. The 60 gal was enough to get a thorough coverage on the whole yard and give the trees and shrubs a foliar feeding with the gun. The lawn smelled great for about 3 hours. Put about 20 gals of water back through it after to flush everything out. It comes very close to completely emptying the tank.

All in all I would recommend it for anyone willing to spend a little extra time on the setup and chasing small leaks. Pretty much have to finish assembly by picture of the finished product. Seems solid once those are sorted. Pump, pressure adjustment, levers, valves, etc work well. 20-30 psi with the spray bar going seems to be a sweet spot for coverage and droplet size. 40 psi starts to make a mist. The bypass functions seems to psuedo-agitate the tank decently well for mixing product.

I'll probably slowly replace the tips and fittings with higher quality pieces if/when they have issues. I'm searching for a cost effective liquid fertilizer now to hit it with in the fall and weed and feed for the spring. That stuff is expensive.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    2017 3038E; RC2048, 4' Box Blade, Forks, 5' Rear Blade, 2017 Z920M

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements