WoodMax Backhoe
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: WoodMax Backhoe

  1. Top | #1
    racetra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 07:49 AM
    Location
    PA.
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts

    WoodMax Backhoe

    I was wondering if anyone has the WoodMaxx WM-7600 7' Backhoe Attachment for a compact tractor? If so, opinions and how easy to install. Web site below. Thanks
    WM-7600 7' Backhoe | Backhoe Attachments for Sale - WoodMaxx™
    JD2032r

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:06 AM
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    34,744
    Thanks
    5,924
    Thanked 4,050 Times in 2,998 Posts
    It is my understanding attaching a backhoe to a tractor via the 3 point hitch is not a good idea.
    Superglidesport and 56FordGuy like this.
    Keith

    JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

  4. Top | #3
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:04 AM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Three point hitch backhoes are a terrible idea. The hitch and rear end of a small tractor is not designed to support the type of strain that a backhoe can inflict on it. You need a subframe to distribute the load to more areas of the tractor. While it is rare, there have been cases of tractors being broken in half using three point hoes.

    Deere will not warranty any damage caused by a three point backhoe being used. There's a reason Deere, Woods, and other big name companies design their factory backhoes with subframes.
    Gizmo2 and Superglidesport like this.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Superglidesport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Location
    Littleton, MA
    Posts
    7,729
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    3PH Mounted backhoes were popular many years ago when they were intended to be mounted to farm tractors that had heavy cast iron or steel final drive / rear axle housings. Most CUT's (HD 1 & 2 Series included) use an aluminum housing these days. The 3PH attaching points can be broken due to the high forces transmitted through the backhoe. That said many implement suppliers make their backhoes available in either 3PH or more expensive subframe mounted designs. The subframe connects to the backhoe, bridges the tractor from below and attaches to heavy yokes mounted to the front loader brackets and at the rear usually with a heavier replacement 3PH receiver. A much better design that distributes the load forces beyond the rear of the tractor.
    Last edited by Superglidesport; 04-04-2015 at 11:18 AM.
    Gizmo2 and 56FordGuy like this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

    John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

  7. Top | #5
    racetra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 07:49 AM
    Location
    PA.
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56FordGuy View Post
    Three point hitch backhoes are a terrible idea. The hitch and rear end of a small tractor is not designed to support the type of strain that a backhoe can inflict on it. You need a subframe to distribute the load to more areas of the tractor. While it is rare, there have been cases of tractors being broken in half using three point hoes.

    Deere will not warranty any damage caused by a three point backhoe being used. There's a reason Deere, Woods, and other big name companies design their factory backhoes with subframes.
    Well, ya know, when I was looking at the video of the installation of the JD 270a on Mutton Power’s site, I was a bit surprised to see what I thought was on the 3Pt. If that makes any sense. Maybe I saw it wrong.
    JD2032r

  8. Top | #6
    racetra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 07:49 AM
    Location
    PA.
    Posts
    38
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 5 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post
    3PH Mounted backhoes were popular many years ago when they were intended to be mounted to farm tractors that had heavy cast iron or steel final drive / rear axle housings. Most CUT's (HD 1 & 2 Series included) use an aluminum housing these days. The 3PH attaching points can be broken due to the high forces transmitted through the backhoe. That said many implement suppliers make their backhoes available in either 3PH or more expensive subframe mounted designs. The subframe connects to the backhoe, bridges the tractor from below and attaches to heavy yokes mounted to the front loader brackets and at the rear usually with a heavier replacement 3PH receiver. A much better design that distributes the load forces beyond the rear of the tractor.
    If I understand you,you are agreeing with 56FordGuy, Correct? Bad idea
    JD2032r

  9. Top | #7
    56FordGuy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 01:04 AM
    Location
    Wyoming
    Posts
    10,043
    Thanks
    482
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by racetra View Post
    Well, ya know, when I was looking at the video of the installation of the JD 270a on Mutton Power’s site, I was a bit surprised to see what I thought was on the 3Pt. If that makes any sense. Maybe I saw it wrong.
    It uses the three point hitch to lift the backhoe into position, where pins attach it to the subframe. The hitch isn't supporting any of the forces exerted while digging.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    -Blake

    Your mileage may vary.

    JD 6410
    Some other stuff

    YouTube- Life in Wyoming

  10. Top | #8

    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    03-13-2016 @ 06:01 PM
    Location
    Georgetown, KY
    Posts
    36
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 5 Times in 5 Posts
    If you don't plan on using it for commercial ditch digging or digging in extremely rocky conditions, a 3 point hitch will save you some money. I have a Woods BH6000 on my 2320 via 3ph, and it has been doing ok for the light, once or twice a year use that it gets in the soft dirt here in my part of KY. I wouldn't want to do much more than that with it however without buying the frame mount for it. Only problem with the Woods frame mount, is that it has to be removed during the summer to use the MMM, which would be a nuisance to install/remove IMO for as little as I need the backhoe.

    __________________________________________________
    2010 John Deere 2320
    54D MMM
    200CX loader
    Wood BH6000 backhoe
    Frontier rear blade
    John Deere 54 Front Blade w/Hydraulic angle
    TSC lift arm cross draw bar
    IH 6' Lift disc
    Pittsburg 1 Bottom Plow
    52" PTO Tiller
    County Line potato plow
    County Line auger
    Ford 1 row cultivator

  11. Top | #9

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    11-11-2016 @ 02:19 PM
    Location
    ohio
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    5
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    For the money I would just get the deere one it is not that much more. And as stated it is designed to work with the tractor you already have.

  12. Top | #10
    Superglidesport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:56 AM
    Location
    Littleton, MA
    Posts
    7,729
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Another thing to consider is sometimes folks purchase implements with good intentions only to never use them. Keep an eye open for a good deal.

    In recent years I purchased a 46 backhoe in nice condition for $3500 and another new / unused 46 for $3000. Sold-off the used one for $4500 after some use and sold off the new one when I traded my 2720 on the 3320. Got good use and made money with both of them one way or another and they were both compatible with my equipment. Another good reason to go OEM is compatibility and resale value.
    Yamaguy likes this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

    John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

  13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •