Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: 220R Loader bolt broke

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Thanks

220R Loader bolt broke

Just snapped a bolt on the loader. I think it affects the loader stand only. Any ideas on how to fix this? Have a call into the dealer, hopefully covered under warranty.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6358.JPG   IMG_6355.JPG   IMG_6354.JPG  
    Herminator likes this.
    2019 2038r, iMatch, ballast box, frontier SB54, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 270B Backhoe, 60 MMM

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:35 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Drill into the bolt and use an extractor. If the machine is under warranty the dealer should be able to take care of it.
    glc, Tomfive, keane and 4 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. The Following User Says Thank You to jgayman For This Useful Post:

gmissed (07-08-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Thanks
    Now that the head of the bolt is off it should be easy to remove the rest like said above. Before you try let it soak for a will using a penetrating oil. If I was removing the left over bolt I would take a small sharp punch ago about 2/3rds off center and use the punch to hit it the direction it turns. If it is loose just do that till you can get ahold of it. I made a chisel with a 45% angled tip so it is easy to do this on busted bolts. If it is not rusted in place it should twist out easy this way or using a extractor. I just never have one when I need it! On easy one I drill a hole and drive a chisel into the hole and use a wrench to turn it.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to JD4044M For This Useful Post:

gmissed (07-09-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:20 PM
    Thanks
    looks like with the spacers removed there should be plenty to grab with visegrips.....depends on the sequince of pics.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 08:59 AM
    Thanks
    This has happened to me twice, all I used to was a pick tool to screw it out.
    I don't understand why they break but it is easy to replace and less than $1.50. I bought a few extras.
    2018 2032R 220R Loader 72" MMM
    DR Chipper
    60" CF Powerline Box Blade
    60" Countyline Landscape Rake
    36" Titan Forks with Hay Spear
    60" Horst HLA Loader Mount Snow Plow
    52" Ohio Steel Yard Roller
    Pats Easy Change Quick Hitch

10. The Following User Says Thank You to SweetLou For This Useful Post:

gmissed (07-09-2019)

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Thanks
    If it's tight I weld a nut on the stub and turn it out. The heat from welding helps loosen it.
    Mike

Sometimes I'm only funny to myself.

300, 140, 318, 430, 314, 110. Brinly plows, disk, 80 cart, couple of 49 blowers, 3 54 blades, 33 tiller, tilt dump MCS, HPX Gator, CS Gator, Model A. Struck MD 750 w/bucket and hoe.
    Drew's Performance: We screwed the last guy so we can pass the savings on to you.

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:46 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetLou View Post
    This has happened to me twice, all I used to was a pick tool to screw it out.
    I don't understand why they break but it is easy to replace and less than $1.50. I bought a few extras.
    Time to up/grade that bolt to a stronger one if it was me. Sure don't want your loader frame dropping due to a support bolt snapping off.

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:31 AM
    Thanks
    So I don't understand what I'm looking at. It looks like a bolt to hold the larger loader pin in place. I thought the pin should extend to the outer edge of the parts on both sides and only a washer and smaller bolt to keep the pin centered in the joint.

So why is there a "spacer" under that washer that looks like it is the same thickness of the "moving" arm section of the loader? If that "spacer" is the same thickness of the loader arm, isn't the entire weight of the arm on that bolt alone?

I can't see the surfaces of the remaining pin and the under surface of the spacer in that pic. Did the end of the loader pin break off and put the entire load on the keeper bolt? I also cannot figure out why that bolt snapped like it did.

Just looking for more clarification. (I didn't get a chance to look up the exploded view on JD parts).
    SulleyBear and greenharley like this.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomfive View Post
    So I don't understand what I'm looking at. It looks like a bolt to hold the larger loader pin in place. I thought the pin should extend to the outer edge of the parts on both sides and only a washer and smaller bolt to keep the pin centered in the joint.

So why is there a "spacer" under that washer that looks like it is the same thickness of the "moving" arm section of the loader? If that "spacer" is the same thickness of the loader arm, isn't the entire weight of the arm on that bolt alone?

I can't see the surfaces of the remaining pin and the under surface of the spacer in that pic. Did the end of the loader pin break off and put the entire load on the keeper bolt? I also cannot figure out why that bolt snapped like it did.

Just looking for more clarification. (I didn't get a chance to look up the exploded view on JD parts).
    It's actually a bolt that keeps the loader stand connected to the loader frame. I can continue to use the loader but cannot remove the loader due to this issue. Dealer is supposed to come out and fix it.
    2019 2038r, iMatch, ballast box, frontier SB54, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 270B Backhoe, 60 MMM

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:31 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by gmissed View Post
    It's actually a bolt that keeps the loader stand connected to the loader frame. I can continue to use the loader but cannot remove the loader due to this issue. Dealer is supposed to come out and fix it.
    OK Thanks, so it not on of the heavily loaded/main joints of your loader. That explains a lot.
    Tom

2011 1026R/R4's -- H120 FEL/49" -- 260 BH/12" -- Bro-Tek Ripper -- Artillian Forks/42" -- 244 lbs JD Rear Wheel Weights -- KBOH Hooks and Clevis' --
    Block heater -- 180* T-stat -- Evans HP Waterless Coolant

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast