Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree99Likes

Thread: Titan stump bucket

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Return for refund, buy from another company that can get it right the first time, every time
    Kenny, your logic is tough to disagree with. However, I talked to my local dealer (where I purchased my tractor, too) and searched online for a JDQA stump bucket for a 1025R. The dealer couldn't come up with one nor could I find one online besides this one. If you have other options, please let me know what they are. Thanks!
    rtgt likes this.
    Mike

2018 1025R w/120R FEL
    54" Quickhitch snowblower (JD)
    54" Quickhitch blade (JD) with Artillian wings
    54" JD MMM
    Frontier RC 2048
    Titan 36" forks
    53" Heavy Hitch tooth bar
    MCS 20 w/ Power Flow
    Heavy Hitch
    I-Match - JD
    16 - 42# suitcase weights (JD)
    3 pt sprayer (Northern Tool)
    3 pt plug aerator (DR Equipment),
    54" Quichitch (DL) de-thatcher (JD)
    Ken's Bolt-on-Hooks
    Stihl chainsaws, brushcutter, blower, trimmer

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:49 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forphase1 View Post
    I got a set of forks from them... they arrived a bit beat up, they took off some cash for me, and they fit fine. Happy customer here.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    Yeah, I'm happy too, and a little relieved. My pallet forks came nicely strapped down on a pallet with the frame well-boxed, except where the 4 pins poked through the box. Lift-gate service right to my drive, and free. I'm pleased that I was able to save so much money over the cost of similar-but-lighter forks, but I went into it knowing that I was buying a cut-rate piece of hardware and that such items at that price point are usually that cheap because corners have been cut somewhere. Buying from such companies tend to be kind of a crap shoot, but so far with that company and the relatively simple stuff I've bought from them, I've come out a winner. I doubt that I'd push that luck to extend to something with an actual mechanism like a grapple, and I'd probably make a different choice if I was using these attachments on a professional level, but so far my experience with Titan Attachments in my relatively simple application has been positive.
    Last edited by MacCool; 07-11-2019 at 03:41 PM.
    2019 John Deere 1023E SCUT with 120R FEL
    iMatch quick hitch Cat 3
    Titan 2"receiver hitch drawbar
    Titan 42 inch pallet forks
    Titan Ballast Box
    Field Tuff FTF-60PSR3PT Pine Straw Rake, 3 Pt
    Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks

4. Top | #13
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:52 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,811 Times in 2,417 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by orono View Post
    Kenny, your logic is tough to disagree with. However, I talked to my local dealer (where I purchased my tractor, too) and searched online for a JDQA stump bucket for a 1025R. The dealer couldn't come up with one nor could I find one online besides this one. If you have other options, please let me know what they are. Thanks!

Top of the line would be the Artillian modular system and add the "Front Hoe Bucket" they make:

https://www.artillian.com/product/front-hoe-bucket/

This is a new player on the market, no personal experience but the Facebook reviews and activity is very positive:

https://coldrollindustrial.com/produ...stump-buckets/
    rtgt, mark02tj, kylew and 1 others like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, Trac-Vac 854 (for sale) and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwizz View Post
    Too bad you’re so far away ... I could fix that for you.

G
    The Titan rep asked me if I wanted a partial refund and for me to fix it myself. I do not have the equipment or the skills to do that.

I am envious of people like you and a lot of other talented people on this forum.

Here may be an option for you ...you could come here to MN and pick it up, repair and return it back to MN and just send the bill to Titan....I'm sure they'd be OK with that. Or just come over, anytime, for some libations and BBQ!

FWIW, I just tapped a Watermelon Kolsch today. That makes a Stout, Watermelon Kolsch, Czech Pilsner and Speckled Heifer (Spotted Cow clone) on tap now. I have a Petite Saison, a regular Kolsch, a Kama Citra IPA, a Belgian Strong Ale and a back-up Stout all kegged and "ready to carbonate and consume."

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kegerator.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	113.1 KB 
ID:	695128 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kegerator 2.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	116.5 KB 
ID:	695130
    Last edited by orono; 07-11-2019 at 06:07 PM. Reason: add pictures
    rtgt, mark02tj, Treefarmer and 4 others like this.
    Mike

2018 1025R w/120R FEL
    54" Quickhitch snowblower (JD)
    54" Quickhitch blade (JD) with Artillian wings
    54" JD MMM
    Frontier RC 2048
    Titan 36" forks
    53" Heavy Hitch tooth bar
    MCS 20 w/ Power Flow
    Heavy Hitch
    I-Match - JD
    16 - 42# suitcase weights (JD)
    3 pt sprayer (Northern Tool)
    3 pt plug aerator (DR Equipment),
    54" Quichitch (DL) de-thatcher (JD)
    Ken's Bolt-on-Hooks
    Stihl chainsaws, brushcutter, blower, trimmer

7. The Following User Says Thank You to orono For This Useful Post:

Gwizz (07-11-2019)

8. Top | #15
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 722 Posts
    It's just crazy that this continues to be an issue with Titan products after all these years.
    Their labor costs are lower than proper setup and QC.

Quantity not quality.

Just for a moment consider that the original manufacturer is making a profit selling to Titian who is also making a profit. Do the math backwards, subtract material, tools and shipping then think what the guy with the welder is making.

We didn't abolish slavery. We didn't improve workplace conditions. We didn't mitigate pollution.

We just exported it.
    Kennyd, OxPath, mark02tj and 5 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

9. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

Herminator (07-14-2019)

10. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    Their labor costs are lower than proper setup and QC.

Quantity not quality.

Just for a moment consider that the original manufacturer is making a profit selling to Titian who is also making a profit. Do the math backwards, subtract material, tools and shipping then think what the guy with the welder is making.

We didn't abolish slavery. We didn't improve workplace conditions. We didn't mitigate pollution.

We just exported it.
    In the meantime, that welder making $5 per hour in China is the richest guy in his neighborhood.

It's all relative.
    Treefarmer, Toughsox and Kbar like this.
    iMatch quick hitch Cat 3
    Titan Ballast Box
    Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks

11. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:02 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,336 Times in 1,321 Posts
    Return for refund, buy from another company that can get it right the first time, every time

I was thinking more about how the next guy who gets these forks will be able to tell from their appearance IF they were "modified" to fit . More than likely, Titan just keeps playing the odds that the person who gets them will have the ability to modify these themselves and just deal with a cost adjustment for the customer to have it done locally.

Either that or out behind their facility, they have a pile implements that don't fit.....waiting for a massive Titan "scratched, dented or Don't Fit" Sale.

Real Customer service starts with properly checking the stuff they are selling to make sure its right BEFORE it ships. It's surprising to me how much some people are willing to put up with in order to save some money initially on their purchase.
    Kennyd, rtgt, mark02tj and 1 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

12. Top | #18

Last Online
    Today @ 06:21 AM
    Thanks
    It's just crazy that this continues to be an issue with Titan products after all these years.
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    I was thinking more about how the next guy who gets these forks will be able to tell from their appearance IF they were "modified" to fit . More than likely, Titan just keeps playing the odds that the person who gets them will have the ability to modify these themselves and just deal with a cost adjustment for the customer to have it done locally.

Either that or out behind their facility, they have a pile implements that don't fit.....waiting for a massive Titan "scratched, dented or Don't Fit" Sale.

Real Customer service starts with properly checking the stuff they are selling to make sure its right BEFORE it ships. It's surprising to me how much some people are willing to put up with in order to save some money initially on their purchase.
    My brother would always say "Buy cheap, buy twice". One of the few things he was ever right about!

My one buying experience with Titan was so bad that I will NEVER do it again. Bad enough that the thing I bought was basically supposed to be a FLAT piece of steel - that wasn't flat!! Unanswered phone calls and emails. I finally got ahold of them by using their sales chat utility. Then I had to argue with them that a piece of steel that was supposed to be flat and that wasn't, in fact, flat was a defective product. NEVER again.
    rtgt, Herminator and Toughsox like this.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

13. Top | #19
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    .... More than likely, Titan just keeps playing the odds that the person who gets them will have the ability to modify these themselves and just deal with a cost adjustment for the customer to have it done locally.

Absolutely correct. The corner-cutting that is inevitable with any bargain-basement price-point manufacturing always begins with the quality-assurance process. Next in that line is acceptance of lower tolerances in the finished product. IOW, they don't check a finished item nearly as often (if at all), and if they do, they have lower spec compliance tolerances for what they will ship to the customer. If you're a manufacturer, it's always cheaper to let the customer do your QA. That appears to be a business model that works for some companies such as Titan Attachments.
    Toughsox likes this.
    iMatch quick hitch Cat 3
    Titan Ballast Box
    Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks

14. Top | #20
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,010 Times in 722 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MacCool View Post
    In the meantime, that welder making $5 per hour in China is the richest guy in his neighborhood.

It's all relative.
    I think he is probably making $5 a day.

What is relative if it is your paycheck or someone else's.

My mother always told me to treat someone else like you would want to be treated.

I take that to mean that I should not accept someone else's misfortune for my gain.
    Herminator likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast