Like Tree148Likes

Thread: Titan stump bucket

1. Top | #61

Last Online
    09-29-2019 @ 10:05 AM
    Thanks

CRI Stump Bucket Update

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    There's another company making these, CRI, they're more expensive but also made in the USA. I picked mine up from Fastenal today. I haven't used it yet, but I did attach it, and it's perfect. Solid piece of gear! Hoping monsoon season ends so I can put it to work!
    Please give us an update. I'm considering the purchase of a CRI Sub-Compact Stump Bucket for my 2720. Did you have any problems mounting the CRI? Any photos/discriptions of stumps you've popped would be appreciated.
    John Deere 2720 with 200CX Loader and 62D Belly Mower
    Attachments: Frontier LR1060 Landscape Rake, John Deere 54" Front-Mounted Snowblower, Frontier RB 1060 Rear Blade, Frontier PM1001 Middlebuster, Howse DLHT168 Tandem Disc Harrow

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #62
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by swiver View Post
    I have never purchased from Titan due to this forum. I almost got their ballast box, but then I made my own. Are there any alternative manufactures for a 1 series stump bucket? I am only planning on removing buckthorn, the roots are quite shallow, so I don't need a heavy duty stump bucket that is too heavy for my little tractor. Otherwise I have the light frontier pallet forks, I wonder if I can mod that to remove stumps? My apologies if I am hijacking this thread
    I have a ton of buckthorn - you can easily use standard teeth on your bucket and it will rip it out by the roots.

4. Top | #63
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:38 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,541 Times in 1,424 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoC4 View Post
    Please give us an update. I'm considering the purchase of a CRI Sub-Compact Stump Bucket for my 2720. Did you have any problems mounting the CRI? Any photos/discriptions of stumps you've popped would be appreciated.
    You could send JustinHemi a private message and likely get a faster response to your question. The PM will generate an email to him and not everyone subscribes to threads and only periodically check back. Especially when a thread has been "inactive" for a few months.

You also might want to start a new thread inquiring as that would move it to the top of the list and get lots of attention and probably find your answer from several users / owners of the products in question.

Hope this helps.....
    JustinHEMI likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #64
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LeoC4 View Post

Here's a link to where I did talk about using it a bit, including some pictures. I love it for what it is!

What did you conquer with your MCUT - Page 404

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    You could send JustinHemi a private message and likely get a faster response to your question. The PM will generate an email to him and not everyone subscribes to threads and only periodically check back. Especially when a thread has been "inactive" for a few months.

You also might want to start a new thread inquiring as that would move it to the top of the list and get lots of attention and probably find your answer from several users / owners of the products in question.

Hope this helps.....

You make a good point! I check this forum every few days and don't check back in on threads like this that often, but I happened to be on and saw it was bumped and lo and behold it was a request for info from me. :D
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

7. Top | #65

Last Online
    Today @ 05:48 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    There's another company making these, CRI, they're more expensive but also made in the USA. I picked mine up from Fastenal today. I haven't used it yet, but I did attach it, and it's perfect. Solid piece of gear! Hoping monsoon season ends so I can put it to work!

Compact Tractor Stump Buckets Cold Roll Industrial

Just a note about dealing with Fastenal.

1) some Fastenals don't sell to general public, have to have an account.

2) I find Fastenals business model disgusting. I used to buy all my fasteners from Fastenal when I owned a Tool Shop. I bought in the tens of thousands of dollars worth/yr.
    I was approached by one of Fastenals Competitors. He managed to beat Fastenals pricing by approx. 40%. After not buying from Fastenal for about 2 months I get a visit from Fastenal.
    "why aren't you buying anything from us?"
    explained I got a much better deal from a competitor.
    Not only was competitor better on price but they watched our inventory for us and kept it filled and got us non-standard stuff (for us) faster.
    Fastenal offered to match the competitors price and do better on the non-standard orders and they'd watch the inventory also.
    I told Fastenal after Charging me as much as you could get away with for years and me being a loyal fair customer and always paying my bills in less than 2 weeks, You'll have to do much better than your competitor before I'll come back to you.

Never heard from them again.

Very few vendors operated this way. Usually after you buy from them they'll do better on pricing etc without asking when they find you pay your bills promptly and are a loyal and fair customer. At least its been my experience.

Since getting out of business I do rarely buy from Fastenal, but it has to be a very cold day.

Just my .02 on Fastenal.
    Last edited by klunker; 09-30-2019 at 12:40 AM.
    mark02tj and Treefarmer like this.
    '06 JD 2720, FEL, Flail Mower.

8. Top | #66

Last Online
    Today @ 03:30 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by orono View Post
    As far as mowing issues, I have read a lot of threads. I do not believe it is set up incorrectly. I slowed my speed down while keeping the RPM's up and still, IMO, it didn't look good. Plus I'm still a bit jaded from when I had issues on the quick-connect mower (that's a whole other "sucky" story).
    Have you tried mowing in low range?
    Made a big difference for me.
    1025r, H120, 54" snowblower, 60D MMM, 48" Woods BB, KK subsoiler & 48" brush hog, Curtis cab

9. Top | #67

Last Online
    Today @ 12:17 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by klunker View Post
    Just a note about dealing with Fastenal.

1) some Fastenals don't sell to general public, have to have an account.

2) I find Fastenals business model disgusting. I used to buy all my fasteners from Fastenal when I owned a Tool Shop. I bought in the tens of thousands of dollars worth/yr.
    I was approached by one of Fastenals Competitors. He managed to beat Fastenals pricing by approx. 40%. After not buying from Fastenal for about 2 months I get a visit from Fastenal.
    "why aren't you buying anything from us?"
    explained I got a much better deal from a competitor.
    Not only was competitor better on price but they watched our inventory for us and kept it filled and got us non-standard stuff (for us) faster.
    Fastenal offered to match the competitors price and do better on the non-standard orders and they'd watch the inventory also.
    I told Fastenal after Charging me as much as you could get away with for years and me being a loyal fair customer and always paying my bills in less than 2 weeks, You'll have to do much better than your competitor before I'll come back to you.

Never heard from them again.

Very few vendors operated this way. Usually after you buy from them they'll do better on pricing etc without asking when they find you pay your bills promptly and are a loyal and fair customer. At least its been my experience.

Since getting out of business I do rarely buy from Fastenal, but it has to be a very cold day.

Just my .02 on Fastenal.

Fastenal practices and products aside I believe that JustinHEMI was just picking up a product (his CRI stump bucket) that was transported by Fastenal’s shipping services... The stump bucket in question was not sold or provided by them-it just happened the be the freight carrier for this particular shipment/transaction.
    Kennyd and JustinHEMI like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

10. Top | #68
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:47 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,074 Times in 2,540 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Fastenal practices and products aside I believe that JustinHEMI was just picking up a product (his CRI stump bucket) that was transported by Fastenal’s shipping services... The stump bucket in question was not sold or provided by them-it just happened the be the freight carrier for this particular shipment/transaction.
    Correct:

https://www.fastenal.com/en/22/3pl-(...arty-logistics
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

11. Top | #69

Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 AM
    Thanks
    I picked mine up at the local Fastenal as well. No issues.

12. Top | #70
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:22 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by brogers93 View Post
    I picked mine up at the local Fastenal as well. No issues.

Bingo! They provide a great service for shipping freight at a reasonable price. Having freight delivered to your home can often be impossible, or very expensive. It's a great option if you have one near you and you have the means to get the merchandise yourself.
    Kennyd, mark02tj and brogers93 like this.
    2019 2038R, dual rear vavles, power beyond, 220R loader, 57" HD bucket, iMatch, R3+ tires, JD premium LED light kit, wheel spacers, Artillian diverter, EA wicked root grapple, Heavy Hitch "flexible ballast" and bolt on toothbar, Ken's extended iMatch hook and loader grip, Titan forks, Woods BB60X rotary cutter, CRI stump bucket, Fit Rite hydraulics top link.

1940 John Deere H with PTO, hand start.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 LastLast