Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best pallet forks for 2032R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:10 PM
    Thanks

Best pallet forks for 2032R

I can't decide which ones tyo get am leaning towards the Frontier AP11F. Weight is an issue with these itty bitty tractors so i thought i would ask for your recomendations. Mt tractor is supposed to be delivered next week

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Give us your definition of best? Is low weight the top priority? Is multi use, modularity? Is cost? Quality? Ability to order and finance thru your dealer purchase?

Each definition of Best will yield a different answer on brand and model of forks...

For cost/ease of purchase availability at your dealer and possibly weight and quality the Frontier brand is is the likely leader.

For quality, pure weight and ability to add other tools to the frame-modularity (if you want a grapple or front bucket, etc.) the Artillian brand and system is hard to beat but is more costly and usually isnít available at your local dealer.

If cost is your driving concern then there are Chinese brands available whoís names I wonít mention but you can easily find.

It all comes down to whatís important to you, what your future plans are and what you want to spend.
    Kennyd, BigJim55 and 69project like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post
    Give us your definition of best? Is low weight the top priority? Is multi use, modularity? Is cost? Quality? Ability to order and finance thru your dealer purchase?

Each definition of Best will yield a different answer on brand and model of forks...

For cost/ease of purchase availability at your dealer and possibly weight and quality the Frontier brand is is the likely leader.

For quality, pure weight and ability to add other tools to the frame-modularity (if you want a grapple or front bucket, etc.) the Artillian brand and system is hard to beat but is more costly and usually isnít available at your local dealer.

If cost is your driving concern then there are Chinese brands available whoís names I wonít mention but you can easily find.

It all comes down to whatís important to you, what your future plans are and what you want to spend.
    Best was a bad choice i guess but i use pallet forks for lots of different things. Quality is first cost second and china crap i purchase as little of as possible. When i have to buy china it will be because there are no products of that type made in countries with human righte and environmental standards i approve of and then it will have to be from a company that also meets those standards. I don't buy products made by japanese companies even if they are assembled in the USA

I think the Frontier AP11F will likely be what i end up with. And i have ordered the new Frontier grapple for the 2032r.
    Looking forward to seeing what this itty bitty tractor can do.

Thanks for your comments
    Last edited by bfloyd4445; 07-13-2019 at 12:27 AM.
    Kennyd, rtgt, BigJim55 and 2 others like this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:27 PM
    Thanks
    BIL just brought us a set of AP10F (42") from his dealer in Alberta... Since he does $400,000 to $1.5 million of business with them every year or every other year, they get him most any small thing he wants, fast and cheap. I'm more than happy with fit and function. Having been in machine shops and manufacturing for many years, I'm impressed with the way this model is made. Besides being cheaper than other models. I've read some bad reviews of aftermarket forks not fitting JD quick attach out of the box. Needing major alteration to fit, and or not helpful responses from the part provider. Not sure if these were North American or over seas made products. Quite unhappy customers none the less. My 5 cents of experience.
    bfloyd4445 likes this.
    Keep your stick on the ice... Red Green

The further north you go, the more things that can and want to eat your horse and you. Grandpa Gilbert.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 07:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    Best was a bad choice i guess but i use pallet forks for lots of different things. Quality is first cost second and china crap i purchase as little of as possible. When i have to buy china it will be because there are no products of that type made in countries with human righte and environmental standards i approve of and then it will have to be from a company that also meets those standards. I don't buy products made by japanese companies even if they are assembled in the USA

I think the Frontier AP11F will likely be what i end up with. And i have ordered the new Frontier grapple for the 2032r.
    Looking forward to seeing what this itty bitty tractor can do.

Thanks for your comments
    When I was looking for forks, my selection criteria was centered around the weigh of the forks and how long they were because every pound they weighed was one less I could carry. I use forks a lot. I ended up with artillian 42 inch forks. For me 42 inches allows me to reach in the bed of my truck a useful distance to get loads.

I have not read any bad reviews of the Frontier forks other than they are heavy.

Hate to break the news to you but JD Compact tractors are assembled in the US with many foreign made parts.
    3025e, D160 loader, Artillian Grapple, Forks, Hoe Bucket, Frontier Land Plane, Rotomec PDH300, Redline Systems 54 inch rock bucket, Heavy Hitch
    400 Garden Tractor, 35a Tiller, 54 inch plow, 60 inch deck

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 69project View Post
    When I was looking for forks, my selection criteria was centered around the weigh of the forks and how long they were because every pound they weighed was one less I could carry. I use forks a lot. I ended up with artillian 42 inch forks. For me 42 inches allows me to reach in the bed of my truck a useful distance to get loads.

I have not read any bad reviews of the Frontier forks other than they are heavy.

Hate to break the news to you but JD Compact tractors are assembled in the US with many foreign made parts.
    Yes, exactly what concerned me was the weight and quality so i looked at them all and decided it would be Frontier ap11f. The Frontier AP!!F 42" according to the print out i saw from the dealer said they were 203 if my memory serves me much lighter than i thought. Frontier usually lists weight of the AP12 42" a much larger unit. The ap11 is a new edition to the line.
    I found no references on the net to JD forks being anything but the highest quality while all the others seemed to have some customer complaints regarding fit anf finish.

I'm well aware there will be foreign componets but JDt is a USA based company and tractors are largly made and assembled here. All cell phones are china but i buy ones from US based companies like Motorola and apple. I havent owned any apple products in a long time i have been useing moto phones.
    Last edited by bfloyd4445; 07-14-2019 at 11:40 PM.
    rtgt likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:50 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by balrog006 View Post

For quality, pure weight and ability to add other tools to the frame-modularity (if you want a grapple or front bucket, etc.) the Artillian brand and system is hard to beat but is more costly and usually isn’t available at your local dealer.

If cost is your driving concern then there are Chinese brands available who’s names I won’t mention but you can easily find.

It all comes down to what’s important to you, what your future plans are and what you want to spend.
    I have the 42 inch pallet forks from Titan Attachments, paid a little less than $500 including shipping. They have met my every expectation, only complaint is that the color of the frame is not precisely John Deere green. They've lifted everything I needed to them to lift, with the exception of my 150 gallon portable gasoline tank, which I discovered afterward was full and weighs over 1000 lbs.

Very cost-efficient purchase.
    Last edited by MacCool; 07-15-2019 at 12:00 AM.
    2019 John Deere 1023E SCUT with 120R FEL
    iMatch quick hitch Cat 3
    Titan 3-Point 2" Receiver Hitch
    Titan 42 inch Chinese pallet forks
    Titan Chinese Ballast Box
    Field Tuff FTF-60PSR3PT Pine Straw Rake, 3 Pt - modified for 2" receiver
    Ken's Bolt-On Grab Hooks
    Ratchet Rake

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Today @ 05:44 PM
    Thanks
    Titan has made in USA forks as well as China, I went with their made in USA. Paid just over $500.
    bfloyd4445 likes this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-14-2019 @ 09:19 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd4445 View Post
    Yes, exactly what concerned me was the weight and quality so i looked at them all and decided it would be Frontier ap11f. The Frontier AP!!F 42" according to the print out i saw from the dealer said they were 203 if my memory serves me much lighter than i thought. Frontier usually lists weight of the AP12 42" a much larger unit. The ap11 is a new edition to the line.
    I found no references on the net to JD forks being anything but the highest quality while all the others seemed to have some customer complaints regarding fit anf finish.

I'm well aware there will be foreign componets but JDt is a USA based company and tractors are largly made and assembled here. All cell phones are china but i buy ones from US based companies like Motorola and apple. I havent owned any apple products in a long time i have been useing moto phones.
    The new Frontier fork set is quite light as you have found-and itís quality is probably in line with the products from Artillian. Since you donít need the modular aspect of the Artillian line of products, as you already ordered the anew Frontier grapple the Frontier fork set is your obvious choice for Value, Quality and being a JD product-they will undoubtably serve you well. Congrats!
    Kennyd and bfloyd4445 like this.
    2004-L130

2013-2032r, Curtis Hard side cab (project), H130 FEL & 61"bucket, Artillian Modular Grapple on HD frame with Diverter, 2300# Artillian frame w/ 36" x 3" tines, 46BH 9" & 13" bucket, Frontier RB1060, HLA 1000 series 60" JDQA Snow plow, JD ballast box, RK QH, Homemade 3pt multi purpose hitch, 117W of extra LED lights on ROPS and side Brush guards, Ken's bolt on hooks-3x, Ideal Knife grooved R-4's.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tdhanses View Post
    Titan has made in USA forks as well as China, I went with their made in USA. Paid just over $500.
    I've seen how companies that offer products from offshore and usa cheat sometimes so tend to steer away from companies that do this. You can never be sure what is sold to you is really as presented from companies that do this. I'm not saying all companies operate this way but i know of a couple that do. Sorry can't mention names.
    Thanks for the information I have heard good and bad regarding Titan

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast