Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

Thread: Pats Easy Change.

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Thanks

Pats Easy Change.

Installed a set of Pats Easy Change yesterday. For those that donít know itís a set of quick attach hooks that go on the end of your lift arms. It took me about an hour and a half. There are four set screws for each hook. Itís a little tricky to get them tight and they are what control how even and square they are. I wouldíve loved an I-match but couldnít stomach the cost.

For anyone with a Pats, mine came with a sway link to connect the sides. Is that really needed? Seems like if you have your turnbuckles tight it wouldnít be needed.
    rtgt and PJR832 like this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dodgeman View Post
    Installed a set of Pats Easy Change yesterday. For those that donít know itís a set of quick attach hooks that go on the end of your lift arms. It took me about an hour and a half. There are four set screws for each hook. Itís a little tricky to get them tight and they are what control how even and square they are. I wouldíve loved an I-match but couldnít stomach the cost.

For anyone with a Pats, mine came with a sway link to connect the sides. Is that really needed? Seems like if you have your turnbuckles tight it wouldnít be needed.
    The link rod is to keep the two lower lift arms separated at the correct distance when an implement is not attached. Otherwise, the lower arms can flop around and make it difficult to back in and grab the pins on an implement.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 798 Posts
    Considered them but never tried them.

There are several on here that use them.

They are pretty versatile particularly if you have implements that are not QH compatible.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    The link rod is to keep the two lower lift arms separated at the correct distance when an implement is not attached. Otherwise, the lower arms can flop around and make it difficult to back in and grab the pins on an implement.
    I guess that depends on if the sway adjustment is on the inside of the lift arms like the 1 series or the on the outside like the 3 series.

On the 3 series the sway adjustment is a two piece bar with pin holes.

If the sway adjustment is on the outside and isn't solid you could just use a bungee cord.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    I guess that depends on if the sway adjustment is on the inside of the lift arms like the 1 series or the on the outside like the 3 series.

On the 3 series the sway adjustment is a two piece bar with pin holes.

If the sway adjustment is on the outside and isn't solid you could just use a bungee cord.
    I guess that could work. Although, whether the sway limiter (chain, bar, turnbuckle) is on the inside or outside, your lower links will still move around a bit when an implement is not attached. For the Pat's system to work just like a quick hitch the arms need to be held apart a specific distance equal to the spacing of the lower pins on your implement. That's what the spacer rod does.

If you want to use the Pat's system and still get off the tractor to attach the lower arms then you could probably get away without using the spacer rod.
    rtgt and Ray_PA like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks
    I love mine... should have gotten them when I got my first tractor. What you ate referring to as the sway bar is, i think, simply and adjustable bar made to keep the arms at the proper distance while hooking up equipment. It's not meant to stay on while using the tractor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
    3025E, D160 FEL, Bush Hog 5' tiller, 5' rotary mower, 4' rotary mower, post hole digger

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by forphase1 View Post
    I love mine... should have gotten them when I got my first tractor. What you ate referring to as the sway bar is, i think, simply and adjustable bar made to keep the arms at the proper distance while hooking up equipment. It's not meant to stay on while using the tractor.

Are you sure? Putting that rod on and off every time you attach an implement would be a royal PITA.
    rtgt likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    09-18-2019 @ 09:00 AM
    Thanks
    I've been a huge fan of Pat's ECS following a miserable experience with a Speeco QH unit.

I left my stabilizer bar installed and mangled it in my maiden mow voyage. I contacted Pat and was informed that it was not meant to be permanently installed, just used to get correct spacing before hook-up.

I have no Deere implements and did not want to go through the hassle of modifying my implements for an iMatch, so Pat's it was for me.

Brian

Quote Originally Posted by forphase1 View Post

jgayman, rtgt and Oscar Leroy like this.
    Brian

2005 JD4720 open station that replaced a thoroughly worn out late 1940's Ford 8N
    Factory rear wheel weights
    JD 400x loader
    1997 Farm King 7 ft RMFM
    KBOGH's; Pat's ECS for Cat-1 hitch
    5 ft. Bush Hog dating from the dawn of Mankind

'94Honda 300 cc Fourtrax, '16 Honda 500 cc Foreman

Misc. rusty implements
    2X Simplicity Riding Mowers
    Second-hand Homemade log splitter (aka " The Beast")

46-1/4 acres in the majestic rolling hills in Southern Ohio

11. The Following User Says Thank You to PikeCoGreenTractorMan For This Useful Post:

jgayman†(07-14-2019)

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:07 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Are you sure? Putting that rod on and off every time you attach an implement would be a royal PITA.
    Positive. Its not made for the abuse of actually working with it on... you'll break it. I don't always or often use it. As to the pita I've got to get off to hook up the pto usually anyway so it's not a huge deal. It's just a guide to help your Pats be the right distance apart to engage your pins properly. I attached mine to my rops so it's always handy.

jgayman, rtgt and PJR832 like this.
    3025E, D160 FEL, Bush Hog 5' tiller, 5' rotary mower, 4' rotary mower, post hole digger

13. The Following User Says Thank You to forphase1 For This Useful Post:

jgayman†(07-14-2019)

14. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 06:04 AM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the answers. It makes sense it’s just for spacing. I took mine off worried I would mangle it when mowing.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

15. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast