Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: 1025r Backhoe install

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks

1025r Backhoe install

While digging through some rocky ground the back hot pins popped out. It not in the best position for getting it back installed on the unit. Wanted to see if anyone had any good advice for getting the backhoe back on the system. We seem to get one side sort of right but can not get the unit setted in the bottom brackets. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-17-2019 @ 06:47 PM
    Thanks
    I quite often have to take my BH off and leave it outside. All I can say is be patient, keep the engine at idle and operate the hydraulics very slowly and be careful. Everything works very quickly when there isn't any load on it. Be careful not to stress or pinch the hydraulic couplers or hoses. I've also used a large tapered punch to help line up the holes and a hammer to help tap the pins home.
    If the safety clips are coming out of the pins, I'd use some small cable ties to hold them in the closed position. Good Luck and let us know how you made out.

There's some threads on here that members have left with instructions for a dolly to make taking your BH off and putting it back on and rolling it around the shop for storeage. Worth a look.
    Last edited by NotYourGrandfathersDeere; 07-15-2019 at 09:25 PM.
    2018 JD 1025r, 54" mower deck, backhoe, front-end-loader, Braber Equipment post hole auger, 9 and 12" augers,
    1999 +/- Craftsman lawn tractor, 46" mower deck.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:35 PM
    Thanks
    If you need to lift up one side to get it lined up, use the outriggers/stabilizers. Leave the hydraulics hooked up and lower one or both stabilizers to lift it into position. Works like a charm.
    etcallhome, keane and romcjr like this.
    2016 1025R TLB (Marshawn) with Piranha tooth bar
    HLA 42" Forks
    Frontier LR2060L Landscape rake
    2019 X370 mowing machine with snowblower attachment
    County Line 3 point log splitter (Mr. Splitty)
    Cyclone Rake super sucker
    Stihl MS-271 chain saw
    Stihl KM-56 Kombi powerhead, string trimmer, pole saw, articulating hedge trimmer
    Stihl BR430 backpack blower
    1998 Yamaha 4-stroke golf car (Tedy Bruschi)

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Thanks
    I take mine off and put it back on all the time. Have rarely had any problems and the pins slide right out and in. You have to use all the hydraulics and just think about which one is going to move it in which direction which is really 6 degrees of motion (up/down, forward/back , left/right, rotate in pitch, yaw and roll). I guess we can list them all:

Outriggers control up/down (together) and roll (individually)
    Main up/down lever controls pitch (while at the same time affecting front/back, but that's a good thing because it moves it forward while rotating/pitching it right into position generally)
    Left/right lever controls yaw
    Moving the tractor controls front/back of course, but you can also adjust this a little with a combination of up/down lever and extension of the arm and bucket.
    Left and right is tough after you've already backed up, but you can also control this a little with a combination of the outriggers and the left right control.

Bottom line is get it as lined up as you can just by backing up squarely. You shouldn't ever need a hammer to get the pins in - if you do, you're doing it wrong. They shouldn't pop out either - were the retaining pins slid down inside their retainer slot?

I usually take it off in less than two minutes and get it back on in about three (sometimes a little longer). It takes me longer to get the 3-point hitch on and off. I have been extremely happy with how well their engineering is in making this thing easy to get on and off. Don't forget to put a 6-8 inch block of wood underneath it or it may settle down too low to get the hydraulics hooked back up - that will make your life very difficult.

I have the 260B by the way. Not sure how easy the others are.
    Last edited by Obiwan; 07-16-2019 at 09:22 PM.
    BigJim55 and marlinguidegun like this.
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B backhoe, 3-point trailer hitch with ripper, Titan pallet forks, Land Pride 48" box blade, Titan 48" flail mower with side shift.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-04-2019 @ 12:56 PM
    Thanks
    i forgot to include the picture in my post.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6degrees.png 
Views:	164 
Size:	21.3 KB 
ID:	695992
    2018 1025R, 120R FEL, 260B backhoe, 3-point trailer hitch with ripper, Titan pallet forks, Land Pride 48" box blade, Titan 48" flail mower with side shift.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,457 Times in 1,582 Posts
    Takes time and practice to get it back on .

No has asked ,,,how did pins fall out for the BH to come loose. I've dug in some hard ground for a few days and have let to have a pin come unhooked.
    BigJim55, W9GFO and jimmylh like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks
    lower front bucket will lower back of tractor some

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:53 PM
    Thanks
    slight hyjack....

Can you switch a JD BH to CAT controlls.?

Most all machines ( EXcavators ) have this option.
    Not sure about Kubota BH's but the mini ex's have the valve.

I've tried both just for fun...preferr the "cat" style. as dose everyone I know..unless they only learned on an old school JD
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 09:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    Takes time and practice to get it back on .

No has asked ,,,how did pins fall out for the BH to come loose. I've dug in some hard ground for a few days and have let to have a pin come unhooked.
    Not sure how the pins came out just found one one the road driving back to the house after it came off.
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:21 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    slight hyjack....

Can you switch a JD BH to CAT controlls.?

Most all machines ( EXcavators ) have this option.
    Not sure about Kubota BH's but the mini ex's have the valve.

I've tried both just for fun...preferr the "cat" style. as dose everyone I know..unless they only learned on an old school JD
    Not really, you can, but it is not easy. You have to switch hoses and spool valves. I also much prefer the SAE (CAT) controls to the ISO (Deere), but I have gotten used to ISO out of necessity.
    etcallhome and BigJim55 like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast