• 2 Post By greenharley
  • 1 Post By Gwizz

Thread: Titan reciever mount ripper - modifacation

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 11:45 AM
    Thanks

Titan reciever mount ripper - modifacation

Titan makes a rather nifty ripper / subsoiler that attaches to a 3 point mounted receiver. I thought one would be handy so I ordered one …
    When it arrived, I opened the box, and it looked quite capable of doing the job it was intended for.
    The problem I ran into was when I went to attach the Ripper to my receiver hitch … I find the pin holes do not line up with the holes in a standard receiver tube.*
    *(Not just my hitch receiver but in four others I tested) … Not even close …

I promptly emailed customer service, and explained the problem. The person I talked to seemed to understand my dilemma, and offered to send a replacement …
    free of charge …
    Well … I'm ok with that, thinking the replacement would have the hole drilled in the proper location … WRONG!
    It arrived looking exactly the same as the first Ripper …

* Evidently the person I chatted with at Titan didn't know 'ALL ?' their Rippers had the mounting holes in the wrong locations *…
    *(I googled "Titan Ripper Reviews" and find this problem was a common occurrence)

Rather than deal with Titan again, I went ahead and modified one of the Rippers by moving the pin hole over far enough to match the hole in the receiver, I also welded a second steel tube inside to strengthen the mounting tube.
    Problem solved, and the Ripper does work very well, I might add ... I used it to pull up roots from around a stump ....

I now have TWO Rippers, and only need one …
    SO ...
    I would like to offer the spare Ripper either modified, or unmodified if someone wants to do their own "hole fix"

Anyone interested p.m. me.

G
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCF4172.JPG   DSCF4176.JPG   DSCF4178.JPG  
    Last edited by Gwizz; 07-16-2019 at 11:52 AM.
    rtgt, keefus, BigJim55 and 6 others like this.
    2013 - JD 1025r, 60" Auto Connect MMM, H120 FEL, 50" QA Loader Bucket, Home made Bucket Teeth, Titan QA loader fork back frame, Home made 66" Loader QA Snow Plow, Home made Land Plane. Home made loader QA Stump bucket. Home made loader boom pole attachment. Home made Landscape Rake. Modified HF Quick Hitch, Home made 3 point Ballast Box, Home made Debris Forks, Betsco BX42-S Wood Chipper, Woods 60" Back Blade, 72" Befco Finish Mower. 5' Bush Hog Mower. 1952 Ford 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,126 Times in 798 Posts
    "Some assembly required" ,,

Nice fix.
    BigJim55, kylew and JD4044M like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Thanks
    How deep can you rip with it?
    JD4044M likes this.
    2017 2038r, Toro Z-Master 27hp 52" deck ( the Buck and the Bull ) 220r FEL, 61" bucket, 60" Autoconnect MMM with command cut, 270b backhoe RB2060L rear blade, BB5060 box blade, Speeco quick hitch, Piranha 53" tooth bar, Land Pride rta1050 tiller, Baker 24 PTO Chipper/ Shreader, Herd fertilizer/seed spreader,16 JD 42 pound weights, Heavy Hitch front and rear weight brackets with 2" receiver, KBOH Hooks and Clevis bracket. Titan 36" forks with receiver hitch.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenharley View Post
    How deep can you rip with it?
    The 1025 pulled it easily with the 3 point all the way down ... I didn’t actually measure it, but I’d say 12” - 14”

G
    greenharley and JD4044M like this.
    2013 - JD 1025r, 60" Auto Connect MMM, H120 FEL, 50" QA Loader Bucket, Home made Bucket Teeth, Titan QA loader fork back frame, Home made 66" Loader QA Snow Plow, Home made Land Plane. Home made loader QA Stump bucket. Home made loader boom pole attachment. Home made Landscape Rake. Modified HF Quick Hitch, Home made 3 point Ballast Box, Home made Debris Forks, Betsco BX42-S Wood Chipper, Woods 60" Back Blade, 72" Befco Finish Mower. 5' Bush Hog Mower. 1952 Ford 8N

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:42 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you. I am looking for something similar that will go at least 18" deep.
    BigJim55 and JD4044M like this.
    2017 2038r, Toro Z-Master 27hp 52" deck ( the Buck and the Bull ) 220r FEL, 61" bucket, 60" Autoconnect MMM with command cut, 270b backhoe RB2060L rear blade, BB5060 box blade, Speeco quick hitch, Piranha 53" tooth bar, Land Pride rta1050 tiller, Baker 24 PTO Chipper/ Shreader, Herd fertilizer/seed spreader,16 JD 42 pound weights, Heavy Hitch front and rear weight brackets with 2" receiver, KBOH Hooks and Clevis bracket. Titan 36" forks with receiver hitch.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by greenharley View Post
    Thank you. I am looking for something similar that will go at least 18" deep.
    This ripper may go that deep. It depends on how low your three point arms will go. I have my arms set up with shortened lift links so I can lift some of my other implements higher for more ground clearance. But doing this makes it so the arms don’t go as low as stock lift links would allow.

G
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements