Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree37Likes

Thread: What is the "draw bar."

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks

What is the "draw bar."

This question pertains specifically to a 1025r. I'm thinking of getting this receiver from Bxpanded. But (I hate to admit it) I don't know what a draw bar is. The description states, "The BXpanded Quick-On Receiver hitch mounts to the rear drawbar that is intended for pulling trailers and wheeled attachments."

So, if I take my back hoe off - will the draw bar be there? Or is the draw bar part of the 3-point or is it some other attachment (like an iMatch) that I will have to get and install each time I want to tow something?

I see that Heavy Hitch makes a 2" receiver that bolts to the frame. It says it won't interfere with the PTO - but I don't know if it will interfere with an iMatch or the backhoe. In other words, does anyone know if that one can be attached and left in place without interfering with anything?

I'm looking for the easiest way to go from removing the backhoe and then towing something?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 10.16.17 AM.png   Screen Shot 2019-07-19 at 10.28.47 AM.png  
    Last edited by konakid; 07-19-2019 at 03:30 PM.
    Learning By Asking
    1025r
    Artiliian Forks and Dolly
    Back Hoe
    BXpanded Thumb and BH Dolly
    x300

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 08:20 PM
    Thanks
    My understanding is that the 1025R doesn't come with a drawbar. It does however, come with a place to mount a drawbar.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LVAL38280.gif 
Views:	312 
Size:	90.0 KB 
ID:	696252

The BXpanded part you are looking at replaces "A" in that diagram ("B" is only pointing to the hole in "A"!). "A" is the steel plate that bolts to both sides of your frame underneath the rear PTO stub.
    Last edited by JimR; 07-19-2019 at 03:54 PM.
    PJR832 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:16 AM
    Thanks
    Below the PTO shaft is a bent down flat bar with a hole in it. That’s the draw bar.
    PJR832 likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Here is a video of the Heavy Hitch unit install:

ttazzman and Kbar like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

7. The Following User Says Thank You to JimR For This Useful Post:

ColonyPark (07-20-2019)

8. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Lol
    Yeah what Jim said.
    Same location. Usually on a tractor it’s a piece that sticks out with a hole for an implement.
    Not really conducive if it has a backhoe though.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

9. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    I should amend my first comment. The Heavy Hitch version replaces the hitch plate.

The BXpanded version doesn't replace it. They use a pin setup so you position their piece on top of your hitch plate and then drop the pin through their unit and hole "B" in the image above. That holds it in place. Then you slip in your 2" drop hitch w/proper ball, hook up to your trailer and go. The wings on the sides of their unit are for hooking up your safety chains.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

10. Top | #7

Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 03:25 PM
    Thanks
    Edit: Jim - I posted before your last remarks showed. But some questions still valid.

Thanks guys - I'm almost there. I've never had the back hoe off. But it's time for me to do it and find out how much more fun I can have with some other attachments.

So, it appears as if the Bxpanded receiver "pins" to that plate that serves as the "draw bar" on this tractor. And it's a quick-on quick-off. So, no worries about any interference with any other "stuff" back there.

And the Heavy Hitch receiver repiaces that plate and stays in place. But does anyone know if that would interfere with the back hoe or an iMatch (or similar) - or anything else for that matter?

And one more "dumb" question. Is there any reason I can't just attach a ball hitch directly to that "draw bar plate (hole B)?" If that's OK, can I just leave it in place and not worry about it causing any problems?
    Last edited by konakid; 07-19-2019 at 04:22 PM.
    Learning By Asking
    1025r
    Artiliian Forks and Dolly
    Back Hoe
    BXpanded Thumb and BH Dolly
    x300

11. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I’m guessing anything permanent will be an issue with backhoe. The pin on and off Bxpanded might be best option. Or three point arms and a 3 point hitch.
    Joe
    --------------
    HPX615E Gator

12. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by konakid View Post
    Edit: Jim - I posted before your last remarks showed. But some questions still valid.

Thanks guys - I'm almost there. I've never had the back hoe off. But it's time for me to do it and find out how much more fun I can have with some other attachments.

So, it appears as if the Bxpanded receiver "pins" to that plate that serves as the "draw bar" on this tractor. And it's a quick-on quick-off. So, no worries about any interference with any other "stuff" back there.
    Yup. I think you could just leave it on but it's like 30-45 seconds to take off or put on so it would be easy enough to take it off if you needed to for some reason.

And the Heavy Hitch receiver repiaces that plate and stays in place. But does anyone know if that would interfere with the back hoe or an iMatch (or similar) - or anything else for that matter?
    The only thing it *might* interfere with is a PTO shaft safety shroud. That could prevent you from hooking up a PTO shaft on the rear end. But it is my understanding that it isn't that tall so you can leave it on all the time. It isn't going to have any effect on an iMatch or anything mounted to the 3pt arms UNLESS the implement uses a PTO shaft. Maybe someone that has one will chime in here and verify PTO shaft clearance!

And one more "dumb" question. Is there any reason I can't just attach a ball hitch directly to that "draw bar plate (hole B)?" If that's OK, can I just leave it in place and not worry about it causing any problems?
    Nope. You can mount a ball there (assuming you can find one that fits through the hole...). I don't think you'd find it convenient though It may interfere with connecting a PTO shaft and, it's usually pretty tight in there. I don't know that I'd want to be trying to lock up a trailer on a ball mounted that far in to the machine. If you mount the receiver box, the drop hitch extends the ball out at least 6" father back behind teh machine to give you some room. I'm not sure what you're trying to do overall but my trailer, as an example, has a latch for the ball that has to be set plus the crank for lifting the trailer tongue is only a foot or so back from the ball. I wouldn't be able to crank the trailer tongue down with mashing my hands in the 3pt arms and I'd have to be bent over balancing on 1 foot to do it anyway.

btw, Deere refers to that part "A" as a "hitch plate".
    BigJim55 and Herminator like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,508 Times in 1,234 Posts
    I have the HH receiver on my tractor. It doesn’t interfere with anything, though I always remove whatever drawbar that I have in when using PTO implements, you do not want a turning PTO to make contact with a drawbar. That’s the reason most AG or bigger tractors have a “swinging” drawbar that you swing to one side or the other when using PTO implements.
    1010 likes this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast