• 2 Post By blue87fj60
  • 1 Post By blue87fj60

Thread: land pride GS1560 landplane

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    05-11-2016 @ 10:26 AM
    Thanks

land pride GS1560 landplane

So thanks to the always helpful advice from the fine folks here at gtt I've decided to pull the trigger on the land pride GS1560 landplane to keep mine and my parents in-laws long gravel driveways maintained. I was going to go pick it up this past weekend but my fianc told me to wait as she's already put a deposit on one for my birthday next month. My question is..... Does anyone have any experience or helpful tips that's used a land plane that might save me some time during the learning curve? The model I'm getting has four scarifiers and is 60" wide and will be pulled by my 2320. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
    JD 2320 with block heater, H130 FEL, balast box, 54" front snowblower, Herd 5.5 broadcast spreader, Landpride GS1560

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    12-04-2018 @ 03:50 PM
    Thanks
    I built a 10' one recently. I just drop it and go. They are awesome. Only adjustment really is the toplink. It'll set the front vs rear angle. Sounds like you have a great fianc too

Brett
    Levi likes this.
    2017 5100E CAB H260
    ---FRONTIER BB4296
    ---MX15
    ---MX8
    ---EA 72" GRAPPLE

2017 KUBOTA ZD1211R
    2017 KUBOTA RTV-X1100C
    4K winch, 2lift, 27s

GONE AND FORGOTTEN
    2013 AND 2014 5055E CAB H240

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks, she's an incredible woman. Hence why I snatched her up! How do you crown your driveway? 3pt arms or adjust the blades?
    JD 2320 with block heater, H130 FEL, balast box, 54" front snowblower, Herd 5.5 broadcast spreader, Landpride GS1560

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ianm150 View Post
    Thanks, she's an incredible woman. Hence why I snatched her up! How do you crown your driveway? 3pt arms or adjust the blades?
    As great as the land planes are, (nothing better for road and drive maintenance IMO) you are going to have a real tough time crowning a drive with one. Even though the cutting edges are typically angled, in reality the material moves very little in a side ways motion. With mine it is only about an inch with each pass. So that would be a lot of passes to actually get anything crowned. You might want to think about getting either a rear blade or a landscape rake in addition to the Land Plane Grading Scraper(LPGS) to do that sort of grading.

As far as a learning curve, while they are relatively simple to use, if you learn how to make full use of your 3pt adjustments for the different conditions on hand, things will get done quicker, faster and better.

I have no idea of how much you need to take care of, but a hydraulic top link is a very useful addition to most all 3pt hitches, especially when it comes to grading.

Good luck.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P4190010.JPG P4190015.JPG P4260025.JPG PC290001.JPG IMG_0297.JPG

IMG_0181.JPG
    BigJim55 and blue87fj60 like this.
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 09:41 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    So thanks to the always helpful advice from the fine folks here at gtt I've decided to pull the trigger on the land pride GS1560 landplane to keep mine and my parents in-laws long gravel driveways maintained. I was going to go pick it up this past weekend but my fianc told me to wait as she's already put a deposit on one for my birthday next month. My question is..... Does anyone have any experience or helpful tips that's used a land plane that might save me some time during the learning curve? The model I'm getting has four scarifiers and is 60" wide and will be pulled by my 2320. Thanks in advance for the help and advice.
    They're very difficult to use unless properly broken in. With that said I have some reclaimed land that needs some rough gradin' so I'll volunteer to get her ready for you. I'll pick it up, break her in and deliver it ready to put to work............OK?

Seriously though, seems like many folks have had good luck them but like with any other 3PH mounted implement I've used in the past it will take some practice before you're comfortable with it. Top & Tilt adjustments will be necessary to "crown" the drive.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    I really appreciate the offer superglidesport but I'm not sure it's Mass compliant due to it's four scary fiers. Just kidding!
    I understand the tilt need for crowning and it does have independent left and right side blade height adjustment but other than being good and level what does the top link have to do with forming a crown?
    Superglidesport likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    I really appreciate the offer superglidesport but I'm not sure it's Mass compliant due to it's four scary fiers. Just kidding!
    I understand the tilt need for crowning and it does have independent left and right side blade height adjustment but other than being good and level what does the top link have to do with forming a crown?
    You may need to make a bunch of passes to form the crown.
    Here's what i did with my box blade..
    Adjusted the arm down on the right side to put more pressure on ditch. I also dropped the right side scarifier to loosen up the ditch material.
    I made many passes and each time the BB got loaded up from cutting the ditch edge i would drive into the center and slowly pick it up and distribute the fill in the BB onto the crown while still moving.
    Made many passes this way until the crown was built up.
    Then you can go back, adjust your arm back to level the implement, and make your long grading passes leveling out your dumping passes and blending it all together.
    Just work from the sides to the center so you keep your crown.
    Last edited by blue87fj60; 04-08-2015 at 06:13 PM.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    01-01-2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    So it almost sounds like the "low skill" option to crown a driveway would be to get it into good condition (no ripples, no potholes, etc) with a land plane and then crown it with a rear blade (on the theory that since you're just crowing an already smooth and loose drive, you're not likely to mess things up). Is that a good idea?

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:16 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by williaty View Post
    So it almost sounds like the "low skill" option to crown a driveway would be to get it into good condition (no ripples, no potholes, etc) with a land plane and then crown it with a rear blade (on the theory that since you're just crowing an already smooth and loose drive, you're not likely to mess things up). Is that a good idea?
    It certainly would never hurt to have it free of potholes when you start.
    I don't have a land plane so i was merely relaying what i did with my box blade. I'm sure the same principles could apply.
    Providing you have width room to work and your land plane isn't so wide as it reaches from ditch to other side of proposed crown. Then it could be a little tough.

Here's what i started with. Rutted up, no crown.

Click image for larger version.

Name:	image5-vi.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	259.2 KB
ID:	43463

Adjusted the BB down on right side to cut the ditch better and also dropped the far right ripper.

Name:	image4-vi.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	216.5 KB
ID:	43464

Name:	image7-vi.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	211.9 KB
ID:	43465

Name:	image1-vi.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	242.4 KB
ID:	43469

Made many many ditch cuts on both sides of driveway and pulled the excess into crown a spread dumped it like scraper or like unloading the blade on a road grader. Then using blade and bucket leveled it all through.

Name:	image5-vi.jpg
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	43466

Name:	image-vi.jpg
Size:	280.7 KB
ID:	43467

Used the bucket to spread the crushed concrete concentrating on the crown and feathering it to the edges.

Name:	image1-vi.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	247.3 KB
ID:	43468

Don't get me wrong. I do this kind of stuff for a living, although not with a little tractor a box blade.
    But the same principles apply. You merely need to use what you have to strive to get the results. These tractors are more than capable of doing cool super useful things and projects.
    I would love to have a land plane too. It seems they are ideal for long pass maintaining with their long sides. Less chopping occuring than with a box blade.
    Just another implement to add to the dream list i suppose.
    Last edited by blue87fj60; 04-09-2015 at 06:55 AM.
    Superglidesport likes this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

12. The Following User Says Thank You to blue87fj60 For This Useful Post:

Superglidesport(04-09-2015)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements