Does anyone know what brand this red disc is? Nothing is coming up on model number
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 23
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Does anyone know what brand this red disc is? Nothing is coming up on model number

  1. Top | #1
    Iron horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post

    Does anyone know what brand this red disc is? Nothing is coming up on model number

    It’s a 2003 8’10 disc for $1000. I think that’s a good deal and may go get it Sunday. I know Armstrong like this. Cost between 2-4 grand. Armstrong has a little stronger hook up for 3 point hook up I’ve noticed.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails E7C39B8B-5D50-4314-93CF-4D37DF3AF801_1563936223022.png   6F55B467-8A25-4A92-95F2-1578EC3AA6AA_1563936308008.png  
    BigJim55 likes this.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    ttazzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Location
    sw mo
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
    HTR Series | Watts Brothers Distributing, Inc.

    never seen one with what looks like a pivoting rear half ....3pt disks like that i have always had trouble with bending the down arms when the rear gangs hit a rock and it pushes up faster than the 3pt can flex up....i bet that pivoting rear half would help that problem a lot .....i ended up going to a wheel disk due to the aforementioned problem...
    Last edited by ttazzman; 07-24-2019 at 12:20 AM.
    SulleyBear, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    2140
    4500
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to ttazzman For This Useful Post:

    Herminator (07-24-2019)

  5. Top | #3
    Herminator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:51 PM
    Location
    Northern Illinois
    Posts
    3,712
    Thanks
    1,622
    Thanked 779 Times in 593 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ttazzman View Post
    I’m impressed. I looked on google and came up blank.
    Last edited by Herminator; 07-24-2019 at 12:15 AM.
    SulleyBear, Tx Jim, PJR832 and 1 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

    2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

  6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  7. Top | #4

    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:33 PM
    Location
    Coyote Flats,Texas
    Posts
    1,633
    Thanks
    15
    Thanked 276 Times in 248 Posts
    I've never heard of Watts Bros equipment until now.
    johnH123 and Herminator like this.

  8. Top | #5
    Iron horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Ok thanks, ya I own a 4ft disc that pivots. It’s nice I think. You can take the back off set the blades straight and go through the hay field. I just wanted a little bigger one since I have the larger tractor. Planning on planting a lot of oats again this year. I purchased a 10ft seed drill last year. Do you guys think $1000 sounds like a pretty good deal or would you wait for a 12ft one to come around? I keep going back and fourth on 3point equipment and drawbar equipment. 3 point is s cheaper and easier to turn with. A pull shredder cuts so nice and pretty on uneven ground tho
    Herminator likes this.

  9. Top | #6
    Tractor Tim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:58 PM
    Location
    Lebanon, Indiana
    Posts
    1,393
    Thanks
    569
    Thanked 720 Times in 311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron horse View Post
    Ok thanks, ya I own a 4ft disc that pivots. It’s nice I think. You can take the back off set the blades straight and go through the hay field. I just wanted a little bigger one since I have the larger tractor. Planning on planting a lot of oats again this year. I purchased a 10ft seed drill last year. Do you guys think $1000 sounds like a pretty good deal or would you wait for a 12ft one to come around? I keep going back and fourth on 3point equipment and drawbar equipment. 3 point is s cheaper and easier to turn with. A pull shredder cuts so nice and pretty on uneven ground tho
    Pull type disks can be much heavier, which is a huge benefit on a disk. Some manufacturers list the 'weight per blade' as a spec. I see 3 pt disks in the 35lb per blade weights, and pull type disks in the 95lb per blade range. This would make a huge difference in ability to cut.

    Tim
    TJR345, Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    (See Tractor Time with Tim's main YouTube channel page)
    Tractor Time with Tim Web site
    Owned:
    2018 Deere 1025R

    Sponsored (subsidized, loaner, etc):
    Ventrac 4500
    Case CX37C
    Deere 5075e
    Deere 2038r
    Deere Gator 835M HVAC

  10. Top | #7
    ttazzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Location
    sw mo
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
    no idea on prices in your area .

    i have been converting pastures into hay fields .....after trying several types of discs ....i settled on a 16' wheel disc with 4' fold up wings....so with the wings folded up its 8' ......this works well i use it in the 8' configuration when doing the initial cutting then in the 16' confirmation for finishing .....the wings folded up adds weight also to the 8' configuration....also if it gets to heavy for my tractor i can wheel down to relieve the drag weight


    just noticed i dont have a picture in my files ...will have to remedy that...
    Herminator and PJR832 like this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    2140
    4500
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

  11. Top | #8
    Iron horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ttazzman View Post
    no idea on prices in your area .

    i have been converting pastures into hay fields .....after trying several types of discs ....i settled on a 16' wheel disc with 4' fold up wings....so with the wings folded up its 8' ......this works well i use it in the 8' configuration when doing the initial cutting then in the 16' confirmation for finishing .....the wings folded up adds weight also to the 8' configuration....also if it gets to heavy for my tractor i can wheel down to relieve the drag weight


    just noticed i dont have a picture in my files ...will have to remedy that...
    What’s the difference in smooth blades and knotched? I’m still wondering if this 8’9 is big enough. I measured my old one and it’s 6’6. I like the 3 point because there are no tires to maintain. A lot of the 12-14ft are flat. Even if I purchased one I would have a hard time hauling it. My uncle said he has a 16ft pull but his tractors small he can only run it a few inches in the ground... I think 1000 is pretty cheap I’d like to still try and get him to come off the price though.... I have a bearing or on my old one and figure I’ll be planting oats in just a few months so I need to shop.
    Herminator likes this.

  12. Top | #9
    ttazzman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Location
    sw mo
    Posts
    410
    Thanks
    14
    Thanked 58 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Iron horse View Post
    What’s the difference in smooth blades and knotched? I’m still wondering if this 8’9 is big enough. I measured my old one and it’s 6’6. I like the 3 point because there are no tires to maintain. A lot of the 12-14ft are flat. Even if I purchased one I would have a hard time hauling it. My uncle said he has a 16ft pull but his tractors small he can only run it a few inches in the ground... I think 1000 is pretty cheap I’d like to still try and get him to come off the price though.... I have a bearing or on my old one and figure I’ll be planting oats in just a few months so I need to shop.

    someone else will have to talk about notched discs...all of mine have been smooth...

    it stands to reason though notched discs should be more agressive especially in harder rocky soils

    you can adjust a lot with the angle (pull and aggression)

    also on the one your looking at ....if it has the type of bearings shown in the parts diagram i posted (i call them spool/thimble cast bearing) they require DAILY greaseing with a lot of grease...thats all that keeps the metal apart is the grease...i personally much prefer the sealed ball bearing type bearings ....one thing really good about a 3pt disc is they are easy to get out of the field and into the shop when they start falling apart or break....from my experience the disc your looking at is a garden disc not a field disc...
    Last edited by ttazzman; 07-26-2019 at 06:41 PM.
    Herminator likes this.
    John Deere
    5105M
    2140
    4500
    Caterpillar
    D4Hxl
    416C
    Gehl
    5635DX

  13. Top | #10
    Iron horse's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:38 PM
    Location
    Central Texas
    Posts
    100
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
    If my grandfather was still around I would ask him I believe one time he said the fronts are knotched to rip the ground and the rear are smooth to level it. The disc I have now has seals bearings. I have to replace them all the time. It’s best to pour oil over the bearing and spin it before each use. I think sand will get into any bearing if I have to grease them they no big deal as long as the fitting isn’t broke. I may wait... I can find bigger discs that I would like. They are 80 or so miles away. I have no clue how to even haul something like that. The one I’m looking at is 16ft folded 22 unfolded John Deere for 2,200. I’ll post a few pictures. The man admitted to painting putting new tires and bearing. A couple discs broke on him and he’s tired of it. That’s something I understand when it comes to projects. I have a 24ft flat trailer 101inch wide with drive over fenders. I’m not sure if it would fit on it then maybe unbolt the tongue of the disc and set it aside so it’s not sticking out.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29A4B7AA-57FD-4915-A5F8-FEE70C294F8D_1564236165258.png   B5772906-DEA6-4878-9D83-F2ADF1CADD66_1564236180011.png   B43D2C01-5979-4574-AEEA-8440B1F08049_1564236196805.png   26B027DE-D033-4D9F-B5D9-8005C30D36D7_1564236219117.png   FDEFA5EF-2CEC-4F8B-8852-B624DF49BB5B_1564236239933.png  

    JD4044M likes this.

  14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •