Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: top and tilt issue for john deere 2018 3046r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    07-27-2019 @ 11:33 PM
    Thanks

top and tilt issue for john deere 2018 3046r

I have a jd 3046r 2018 that I bought with a dealer installed top and tilt option.it came with a anti twist black plate attached to the top cylinder and from there to a small silver bracket attached to the tractor with a pin thru it with a cotter pin holding it in place.it also has the diverter switch installed.when I used the top and tilt using the I match attachment the black bracket tab bent and silver bracket became twisted.i replaced the brackets and without using the top and tilt I noticed the new silver bracket twisted again.the tilt cylinder is mounted on the left driver side of tractor fyi.also on the top and bottom black tabs of the tilt cyllinders are bent.is this normal and why is this happening.do I need the anti twist bracket?does the tilt cylinder need to replaced.should the tilt cylinder be installed on the passenger right side of the tractor?and lastely I have a 385a back hoe for the tractor.does the top and tilt need to be removed when I put the back hoe on?thanks much and hope to hear a response...pete t

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 07:26 PM
    Thanks
    No twist plates were included with my Deere TnT, must be something newish. My tilt cylinder is on the right side but did try it on left once just to see if it would work, no issues either side and haven't had a need for anti twist plates on my 3320.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20180521_104539983_HDR.jpg
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

4. The Following User Says Thank You to eric102 For This Useful Post:

pete t(07-25-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,032 Times in 2,512 Posts
    Can you post pics? I can't envision what the parts are that you are referring to?
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:20 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Are the parts in question shown on this parts illustration of a 3046R Top 'N Tilt assy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TNT.jpg
    Kennyd likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 12:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pete t View Post
    I have a jd 3046r 2018 that I bought with a dealer installed top and tilt option.it came with a anti twist black plate attached to the top cylinder and from there to a small silver bracket attached to the tractor with a pin thru it with a cotter pin holding it in place.it also has the diverter switch installed.when I used the top and tilt using the I match attachment the black bracket tab bent and silver bracket became twisted.i replaced the brackets and without using the top and tilt I noticed the new silver bracket twisted again.the tilt cylinder is mounted on the left driver side of tractor fyi.also on the top and bottom black tabs of the tilt cyllinders are bent.is this normal and why is this happening.do I need the anti twist bracket?does the tilt cylinder need to replaced.should the tilt cylinder be installed on the passenger right side of the tractor?and lastely I have a 385a back hoe for the tractor.does the top and tilt need to be removed when I put the back hoe on?thanks much and hope to hear a response...pete t
    I have the same setup. The plate on top of the cylinder with the bracket you mention is for transport, i.e. when not using the cylinder. When I have mine hooked up to anything 3pt hitch related I remove the pin and place the pin in the black bracket on top of the cylinder. As for the the cylinder having to be removed prior to installing the BH is a good question. I have not done that yet but was wondering the same thing. Later in the fall I will find out, as I will need to install the BH for some other work planned.
    2019 3046r, 385A BH, FEL, JD Ballist box, 6' 3pt hitch rake, 4 way 48" snow blade, 7' 3pt hitch drag blade
    Zero turn Z445, 5' 3pt hitch woods mower, 42" Artillian Pallet forks W/Adapter for snow plow, Standard 3pt hitch receiver to move trailers.
    I haul the tractor with a 2015 2500HD Chevrolet Silverado 4X4 6.6L Duramax W/Allison transmission a 2013 18' 7500lb dove tail trailer made by Appilachian trailers.
    Stihl MS271 Farm Boss Chain Saw 18" blade, Piranha Bar.

9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements