Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Suitcase Weights

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 PM
    Thanks

Suitcase Weights

I'm sure this has been beat to death, and this is too good to be true....

But where are y'all buying suitcase weights? Doesn't seem to be a ton on the used market around Minneapolis/St Paul. Is HD or Lowes the cheapest option?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:57 PM
    Thanks
    Maybe that price is per pound.
    TJR345 likes this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 07:00 AM
    Thanks
    My dealership was the cheapest I found. Used prices are about .97 cent on the dollar of new so I bought new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    jdforever and marlinguidegun like this.
    1025r 60d and h120 with bucket. Quick hitch with barbell and weights for ballast.
    Purchased 3/11/2017

Forks soon. Blade for the loader. Rio mod.
    So much fun to be had!

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,022 Times in 660 Posts
    I used Sloan Express. It was the cheapest for me at the time and I live 30 miles from the closest dealer facility, went and picked them up. You can check their shipping charges to see if it would be a decent deal for you.

Sloan Express Link

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-07-25 at 10.48.14 AM.png 
Views:	30 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	697114
    DRobinson, jdforever and TJR345 like this.
    2013 1025R
    (Oct. 1, 2013 Used with 20hrs.)
    H120 loader -- 60D AutoConnect MMM --Frontier RB2060 blade -- Modified RIO -- Northstar Sprayer -- Fimco Spreader -- Ken's Bolt On Grab Hooks.
    "Kitty" 2000-2014
    Carl

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 11:35 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    I'm sure this has been beat to death, and this is too good to be true....

But where are y'all buying suitcase weights? Doesn't seem to be a ton on the used market around Minneapolis/St Paul. Is HD or Lowes the cheapest option?
    You might be close enough to Heavy Hitch to pick up at their plant. Heavyhitch.com $49 each. Otherwise, go to your dealer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers : BXPanded 6" bucket w/coupler
    2014 X320 : Johnny Plow/Johnny Bucket : Bagger

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 12:43 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinguidegun View Post
    You might be close enough to Heavy Hitch to pick up at their plant. Heavyhitch.com $49 each. Otherwise, go to your dealer.

Oh dang, Winona. Yep, that's worth the drive! Anyone know if they ever run any sales or anything?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Bolson32; 07-25-2019 at 11:35 AM.
    jdforever likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Bolson32 View Post
    Oh dang, Winona. Yep, that's worth the drive! Anyone know if they ever run any sales or anything?

Thanks!
    Do you have to have JD branded ones?

Jim is a little closer to you in Hastings if you want to go there.
    jdforever and TJR345 like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Thanks

Suitcase Weights

Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Do you have to have JD branded ones?

Jim is a little closer to you in Hastings if you want to go there.
    Not JD branded. As for sales, check out Tractor Time With Tim on YouTube, search for heavy hitch on his page and I’m sure he can set you up with a one time use discount code.

Jonathan

2016 1025R FITLB : OTC (winter only) : AF10F front blade : Titan 42" forks : 60" First Choice RFM : KK 48" Tiller : EA 60" Pine Straw Rake : 60" Landscape Rake : Pat's Hooks : HH w/ 12 42# weights : KK Ripper/Potato Plow : Loaded Rears with 50# weights : Ken's Hooks, springs and straps : HH Tooth Bar : Edge Tamers : BXPanded 6" bucket w/coupler

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by marlinguidegun View Post
    Not JD branded. As for sales, check out Tractor Time With Tim on YouTube, search for heavy hitch on his page and I’m sure he can set you up with a one time use discount code.

Either are the ones from HH.

https://heavyhitch.com/product/suitcase-weights/

I am just saying that if he lives in the Twin Cities as he appears to be, he can drive to Winona to HH and save on shipping or go to Jim in Hastings which is about 1/2 the distance for the same thing. Heck depending on where he is in Twin Cities, Jim is probably even closer. I am about 3 miles from Jim's shop right now.
    jdforever and TJR345 like this.

JD X585, 54C deck,

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Either are the ones from HH.

https://heavyhitch.com/product/suitcase-weights/

I am just saying that if he lives in the Twin Cities as he appears to be, he can drive to Winona to HH and save on shipping or go to Jim in Hastings which is about 1/2 the distance for the same thing. Heck depending on where he is in Twin Cities, Jim is probably even closer. I am about 3 miles from Jim's shop right now.
    I was actually commenting on the HH ones. The link didn't work on my phone, but now I'm at my desktop, I see that that is a good option as well (might even be the same thing?). It is only weight, no need to get it branded.

I lucked out on a free shipping, plus discount offer from an online retailer and bought six, I won't mention the name as the deal was discontinued and was probably in error. I bought two from Home Depot for a good price, and four from my dealer. All are JD branded, but again, it doesn't matter. I finally decided that unless I was passing through Minnesota, it was best just to go to the dealer and pick them up from stock. I have twelve now, I may add four more someday.
    jdforever likes this.
    Jonathan

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast