What is the most economical way to get weights?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: What is the most economical way to get weights?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks

What is the most economical way to get weights?

If I order thru deere.com and have them shipped to the dealer do I have to pay shipping?

I mean, I have checked craigslist and facebook marketplace but nothing near me that I have noticed - that would obviously be the easiest....

Any other ideas?
    Charleston, SC
    4044R

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:14 AM
    Thanks
    Someone mentioned Home Depot in a similar thread.......?

Sounded odd to me but worth looking into.
    etcallhome likes this.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Today @ 12:44 PM
    Thanks
    Holy crud

That is genius. They are there and cheap and I get 10% off for retired military plus free shipping.
    etcallhome, rtgt, mark02tj and 4 others like this.
    Charleston, SC
    4044R

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 07:16 AM
    Thanks
    The most cost effective way I have found is to order from Greenfarmparts.com. You can use the TTWT 5% off code, plus you get free shipping to your door. Every once in a while they do a 10% off code so you could wait and stock up at that time.

I usually don't buy them off FB or CL unless the price is decent, like $40 or less per weight. While yes iron doesn't really decrease in a value, I'm not spending $50 on a used weight when I can get them shipped to my door brand new for $55. A lot of sellers don't realize that and won't budge off the $50 per used weight price. A seller local to me has had 6 weights for sale for $300 for at least 8 months. I offered him $250 for all 6 in February but he's firm on $300. As such he still has them for sale.

Rick
    jdforever, TJR345 and Toughsox like this.
    2017 JD X758 54HC deck, 54" front blade, Reugg Cat1 3pt, & Front Fenders
    2018 JD 3039r Deluxe Cab w/ Air Ride Seat & Mid PTO, 320r Loader w/ HD bucket & 3rd function, 72D deck, Horst Forks, Ballast Box, Landpride FDR 2584, ProWorks Tree Puller

WTB 375a backhoe attachment for 3r tractors

FS: 72D autoconnect deck setup for 3r tractors

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 09:23 AM
    Thanks
    I purchased mine through JD dealer and there was no shipping involved. Just pick up when they arrive.
    jdforever and Toughsox like this.
    John Deere 5320 4WD with 520 FEL, MX-8 Mower, X585 with 45 FEL, X300, LT 133

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Ok, dumb question...

I also am a Vet so I get the 10% discount.

I don't shop at Home Depot a lot because there is a Menards and Lowes about 2 miles from the house where HD is about 15 miles. The only time I normally go there is if there is something specific there that I need. For instance they sell Anderson Windows. So, we ordered a bunch of them. Fun fact on that. While they have a 10% discount, they have a cap on the discount. So, when you are buying stuff make sure your purchase is below $5,000 as they cap the discount at $500 off the purchase price.

Anyhow when ordering windows I went back to the window department and screwed up because we should have split up the order to keep below $5,000 for each order. Oh well. But I could apply the discount for those items. When we went there a few weeks ago to get some ceiling fans I could have ordered them online but wouldn't have gotten the discount. So I went in store. We needed a couple more windows for the small garage anyhow and went with ones they had in stock. I went to customer service and they ordered the fans but she said it is just like ordering it from the website. Come to find that is exactly what she did. She ordered them from the website and because of that she couldn't apply the 10% discount.

So getting back on topic.... HD doesn't stock these weights, how do you order them to get the discount. Clearly don't go to customer service as they will just order them off the website like I could have done. Unless the person didn't know how to order them off their internal system. Lowe's also does a 10% discount. They have never had an issue with ordering stuff like this from the internal system so I get my discount. They sell the small JD tractors but not sure they have weights.

EDIT: That got me thinking so I looked. They do have them.. If I am reading this right you have to order them in pairs. That is fine. I want to pick up two more at least. Interesting that the price is the same to the penny. At least from my location they are.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/John-Deere-...ights/50292597
    Last edited by sennister; 07-31-2019 at 08:06 AM.
    theduke, Toughsox and RacenJason like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:33 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by sennister View Post
    Ok, dumb question...

I also am a Vet so I get the 10% discount.

I don't shop at Home Depot a lot because there is a Menards and Lowes about 2 miles from the house where HD is about 15 miles. The only time I normally go there is if there is something specific there that I need. For instance they sell Anderson Windows. So, we ordered a bunch of them. Fun fact on that. While they have a 10% discount, they have a cap on the discount. So, when you are buying stuff make sure your purchase is below $5,000 as they cap the discount at $500 off the purchase price.

Anyhow when ordering windows I went back to the window department and screwed up because we should have split up the order to keep below $5,000 for each order. Oh well. But I could apply the discount for those items. When we went there a few weeks ago to get some ceiling fans I could have ordered them online but wouldn't have gotten the discount. So I went in store. We needed a couple more windows for the small garage anyhow and went with ones they had in stock. I went to customer service and they ordered the fans but she said it is just like ordering it from the website. Come to find that is exactly what she did. She ordered them from the website and because of that she couldn't apply the 10% discount.

So getting back on topic.... HD doesn't stock these weights, how do you order them to get the discount. Clearly don't go to customer service as they will just order them off the website like I could have done. Unless the person didn't know how to order them off their internal system. Lowe's also does a 10% discount. They have never had an issue with ordering stuff like this from the internal system so I get my discount. They sell the small JD tractors but not sure they have weights.

EDIT: That got me thinking so I looked. They do have them.. If I am reading this right you have to order them in pairs. That is fine. I want to pick up two more at least. Interesting that the price is the same to the penny. At least from my location they are.

https://www.lowes.com/pd/John-Deere-...ights/50292597
    You don't have to order 2.Two are required for the weight bracket they sell for the "D" series.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TJR345 View Post
    You don't have to order 2.Two are required for the weight bracket they sell for the "D" series.
    Yeah but don't tell the wife that...

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 01:05 AM
    Thanks
    You can get them on Amazon for $65 including free shipping.
    1025R SCUT
    H120 FEL
    260 Backhoe
    54D MMM
    54 Snow Blower
    54 Front Blade
    JD I-match
    10P Dump Cart
    Heavy Hitch: Receiver hitch w/rack, 2" receiver 8-Weight Rack, 2" front & rear receivers, synthetic blade
    Ken's BOGH: Grab Hooks/ Clevis Mounts, Oblong Ring Slings, Differential Pedal, backhoe step, etc.
    Everything Attachments: Pine Needle Rake, Aerator
    Bxpanded: Ripper Claw, Trenching Bucket, Quick Change for 260 BH
    Artillian: 3K fork frame & 36" tines
    Miller Tire: R4 tire chains

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:17 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by WH401 View Post
    The most cost effective way I have found is to order from Greenfarmparts.com. You can use the TTWT 5% off code, plus you get free shipping to your door. Every once in a while they do a 10% off code so you could wait and stock up at that time.

I usually don't buy them off FB or CL unless the price is decent, like $40 or less per weight. While yes iron doesn't really decrease in a value, I'm not spending $50 on a used weight when I can get them shipped to my door brand new for $55. A lot of sellers don't realize that and won't budge off the $50 per used weight price. A seller local to me has had 6 weights for sale for $300 for at least 8 months. I offered him $250 for all 6 in February but he's firm on $300. As such he still has them for sale.
    Rick

X2, cheaper than Amazon you get a discount, free shipping, and no tax. 41LB suitcase weights new come out to about 50 dollars a pop.

Doug
    2010 John Deere 2305
    200cx loader
    iMatch
    Ballast Box
    Frontier 1048 Box Blade
    Frontier 1060L Landscape Rake
    Artillian Forks
    54 MM Mower
    54 Front Blade w/Artillian Wings
    54 Front Blower
    Humbolt 3-Bag 12 Bushel PTO Grass Catcher