• 2 Post By blue87fj60
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: Piranha Tooth Bar Installed!

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    09-09-2019 @ 09:01 AM
    Thanks

Piranha Tooth Bar Installed!

It's been a busy summer to say the least. I finally got some time last night to install my Piranha Tooth Bar and immediately put it to work. Pretty happy thus far. Only spent about an hour clearing a section of my woods to make a turn around for my driveway. Seems to get the job done for sure.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD Piranha Tooth Bar.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	267.9 KB 
ID:	698484

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JD Piranha work.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	375.9 KB 
ID:	698486

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Yep, i love mine as well. Gives you a good amount of breakout with serrations, yet doesn't leave a bunch of tooth scars.
    BigJim55 and BigK like this.
    Joe
    --------------
    1025R FILB, SB1148, BB2048, Ken's Hooks and Hitch, 36" Artillian forks, JD/Artillian 54" Plow and counting...
    HPX615E Gator

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    08-10-2019 @ 08:19 AM
    Thanks
    I've got one ordered, looking forward to using it.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:01 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,488 Times in 1,397 Posts
    I have had a Piranha tooth bucket edge bar since I purchased my tractor. Works very well. Very glad I have it and I strongly endorse it. It's wonderful for shearing off small brush and vines, etc. when working with the tractor.

I do suggest buying a length of the "pool noodle" or something similar for placing over the edge of the bucket when the loader is off or when you park the tractor where you could bump into the edge with your foot or even your pets walking past.

The edge is wickedly painful to scrape against with your foot, etc. I park my tractor in one of our main garage stalls and we frequently walk past it. I scraped my ankle against the front edge once and I won't want it to happen to anyone else.

Its easy to not have the bucket completely flat when you set it down and having the bar on the bucket front lip tends to leave the front edge up about 1" or 2" when the tractor is parked. I slide this noodle over the bucket edge because it will take a hunk out of your ankle, foot, etc. simply bumping into it.

That is the ONLY downside to having one. They are tough as can be and the more you use it, the sharper it seems to get. Just be careful when walking around the bucket once its installed as it can and will bite you.
    BigK likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements