• 3 Post By ddinham
  • 1 Post By MtnViewRanch

Thread: Rear blade

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks

Rear blade

need help with deciding on a rear blade, jd 5065e, will be used on gravel driveway. 6' or 7' any thoughts?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 12:12 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonnpayne View Post
    need help with deciding on a rear blade, jd 5065e, will be used on gravel driveway. 6' or 7' any thoughts?

What is you budget?

and, how long is the driveway?

A 65HP rated blade gets pricey REAL fast,,,
    kylew likes this.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:41 PM
    Thanks
    I use a 7’ Land Plane, mine is made by Tufline, tractor in picture is 5065E I am using it now with a 3046R.

Larry
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 981DDB46-3362-4DC6-BDD4-92DB0CE0BC3B.jpeg  
    2018 3046R W/Cab 320R Loader, MX6, 7 Foot Tufline Land Plane, 6 foot Titan Tiller & 7 foot Frontier Finish Mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:15 PM
    Thanks
    Nothing less than an 8ft blade for a 5 series. I use an 8ft blade on my 4066R and would not consider anything smaller. If you angle an 8ft blade, it might not be wide enough for a 5 series. My 4066R is 6ft wide and with the 8ft blade angled, it just barely covers my tracks. I think the 5 series have cat2 3pt hitches and the price goes up considerably for cat2 implements over a cat1 implement. You can use a cat1 if you pick up some sleeves, but they are not as heavy duty. However, although you might have a little more weight, your HP is very similar to my 4066R, so it might work out OK.

Dave
    SulleyBear, Treefarmer and kylew like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

7. Top | #5
    Fit Rite Hydraulics MtnViewRanch's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:13 AM
    Thanks
    8 foot all the way. About 800Lbs minimum for weight, heavier will be better. The more hydraulics, the easier it will be to use. Highly recommend skid shoes, they just make grading easier. I typically recommend this or similar for your size machine.
    Brian

Manufacturer of Fit Rite Hydraulics

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 01:00 PM
    Thanks

thanks guys, budget is around 800.00, drive about 1400', gravel drive.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 07:50 AM
    Thanks

Really nice blade

Quote Originally Posted by MtnViewRanch View Post
    8 foot all the way. About 800Lbs minimum for weight, heavier will be better. The more hydraulics, the easier it will be to use. Highly recommend skid shoes, they just make grading easier. I typically recommend this or similar for your size machine.
    That's a really nice blade with hydraulics all around. I'm sure they make it with manual adjustments but it would be a lot more fun with the hydraulic adjustments.

I agree that the 8' is probably necessary to cover tire tracks when angled. I've never used skid shoes on a blade but can also see where it would make life easier and probably let you up the ground speed if the blade was heavy enough to not chatter.

One of these days. . .

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    thanks guys, budget is around 800.00, drive about 1400', gravel drive.
    You need to look for a good used blade. Nothing new for $800 will work satisfactory for your application.

Good luck.
    Brian

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Treefarmer View Post
    That's a really nice blade with hydraulics all around. I'm sure they make it with manual adjustments but it would be a lot more fun with the hydraulic adjustments.

I agree that the 8' is probably necessary to cover tire tracks when angled. I've never used skid shoes on a blade but can also see where it would make life easier and probably let you up the ground speed if the blade was heavy enough to not chatter.

One of these days. . .

Treefarmer
    My first rear blade was an 8' manual adjust tilt, angle, offset. Weighed 680lbs. And while it worked ok, it was really a blade intended to be used behind a 40-50hp machine IMO.

Now my hydraulic blade, 9' wide and about 1250lbs. Oh what a difference.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails PB040029.JPG   P3310018.JPG   IMG_0181.JPG   P5080001.JPG  
    BigJim55 likes this.
    Brian

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements