Hydraulic dump for 17P Cart
Results 1 to 5 of 5
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: Hydraulic dump for 17P Cart

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:52 AM
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts

    Hydraulic dump for 17P Cart

    Hi guys

    So I hate the dump feature on my Deere 17P Cart. It is essentially useless

    I would love to make it into a hydraulic dump cart. I know there are threads on this but most guys are metal fabricators or engineers etc

    Is anyone selling the necessary parts such that I could just buy them and install on the cart? Because building it by myself is not going to happen
    x758,
    Front Mounted Dethatcher
    Rear Aerator
    Cart
    Lawn Stripe Kit
    25G Click-n-Go Sprayer
    Rear 3-point-Hitch and PTO
    Snowblower

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,409
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,163 Posts
    I'm curious what it is you don't like about the dump feature of the 17P cart that you think would be solved by hydraulics?

    I've been using a 17P cart for many years. I love everything about the cart except that you cannot cleanly dump a load due to the shape of the rear section of tub. You always have to manually scrape the remaining debris out. Adding a hydraulic lift mechanism won't solve that.

    I rarely have debris in the cart that needs "dumped" which is one reason me and the cart get along so well. :-)
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:07 AM
    Location
    Near Roa. VA
    Posts
    3,526
    Thanks
    43
    Thanked 432 Times in 333 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I've been using a 17P cart for many years. I love everything about the cart except that you cannot cleanly dump a load due to the shape of the rear section of tub.
    You always have to manually scrape the remaining debris out. Adding a hydraulic lift mechanism won't solve that.
    I have hauled over 100 loads of rock this summer with my cart that is an all terrain version of the 17P,,




    Not one load has been dumped, because the material in the cart can not dump, due to the shape of the back of the body,,,

    I needed to place each rock anyways, so dumping them would have meant bending over AGAIN to pick up the dumped rock,,

    I did add a rubber liner so that the rocks would not chew up the bottom of the plastic body,,,
    When I wanted to remove the spilled dirt off the rocks, I would remove the rubber liner.
    Some of the tractors include JD 4105, JD 855, JD 650,,,, and,,, the IH 584 4WD
    My favorite attachment is the homemade landplane,,, EVERYONE needs one of those!!

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    jgayman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:44 AM
    Location
    Central Pennsylvania
    Posts
    9,409
    Thanks
    357
    Thanked 1,536 Times in 1,163 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CADplans View Post
    I have hauled over 100 loads of rock this summer with my cart that is an all terrain version of the 17P,,

    Not one load has been dumped, because the material in the cart can not dump, due to the shape of the back of the body,,,

    I needed to place each rock anyways, so dumping them would have meant bending over AGAIN to pick up the dumped rock,,

    I did add a rubber liner so that the rocks would not chew up the bottom of the plastic body,,,
    When I wanted to remove the spilled dirt off the rocks, I would remove the rubber liner.
    I think one of the reasons me and the 17P get along so well is that I also have a CUT with a loader so anytime I'm dealing with material that needs to be DUMPED, I put it in the loader bucket.

    During the summer I use my 17P several times a week to haul basically anything that needs hauled. I've stopped worrying about gouges and scratches in the plastic tub years ago. Sure, it has accumulated plenty of war wounds but quite frankly I think it is impossible to destroy it unless you deliberately try.

    When I get a lot of fines and other debris in the bottom of mine I hit it with the leaf blower. :-)
    IndianaJim likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

  7. Top | #5
    IndianaJim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:12 AM
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    1,434
    Thanks
    24
    Thanked 196 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    I'm curious what it is you don't like about the dump feature of the 17P cart that you think would be solved by hydraulics?

    I've been using a 17P cart for many years. I love everything about the cart except that you cannot cleanly dump a load due to the shape of the rear section of tub. You always have to manually scrape the remaining debris out. Adding a hydraulic lift mechanism won't solve that.

    I rarely have debris in the cart that needs "dumped" which is one reason me and the cart get along so well. :-)
    The converted dump versions Ive seen have two axles, and a frame that they pivot on to dump. The bottom of the tail is off the ground quite a bit when fully dumped, so everything can come out.
    I get the idea, but to me, its a solution looking for a problem kind of thing. There really isnt ever much left in my 17AT when I dump it the old fashioned way, and if Im making multiple trips, its never enough of anything to prolong the work being done. Ill clean it completely on the last load. All that takes is a few swipes of the hand.
    To some its worth doing, but while I can and do fabricate quite a bit, its a LOT of time and work for something that takes almost no time and very little work as is.
    Then again, since Ive gotten the 2025R I do the same as some others. The 17AT only gets used for stuff that doesnt get dumped. If I have to dump it, it goes in the bucket.
    Jim B.

    318, 49 Thrower, 2 80 Carts, 17AT cart, 54 Blade, 12" Brinly Plow, 30 Hydraulic Tiller w/extension & Briney 3-Pt hitch, 50 deck w/JRCO Cart Bagger.
    2025R, 120R loader w/Kens Bolt On Hooks, 260B backhoe w/8" & 16" buckets, Titan 36" forks, Imatch hitch, Weight Bracket/Hitch.

    Exmark Lazer Z HP 52"
    Husqvarna 550XP, 562XP, 55 Rancher

  8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •