• 1 Post By quackaddict
  • 1 Post By SulleyBear

Thread: 2025R Cab question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-07-2019 @ 10:06 AM
    Thanks

2025R Cab question

Adding a drop in cab (I refer to it as a fish bowl) to my 2025R. What cm I expect for the way the tractor handles? Do I need to add weight to the front of the tractor even with the bucket still on the unit when no implements are connected to the 3 point?
    Last edited by Superglidesport; 08-17-2019 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Edited title to help with more responses

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-16-2019 @ 02:37 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen5901 View Post
    Adding a drop in cab (I refer to it as a fish bowl) to my 2025R. What cm I expect for the way the tractor handles? Do I need to add weight to the front of the tractor even with the bucket still on the unit when no implements are connected to the 3 point?
    I have about 5 minutes of experience in a 2025 with a mauser cab, so qualify my response with that.

Overall it felt a bit more tippy than a non cab 1025 which I have a fair bit of experience with. The mauser cabs add about 500 lbs to the base weight of the machine, but I would expect you will need more counterbalance weight than just the cab for loader work. The manual for the 2025/120r loader calls out 800lbs of three point ballast required for loader work.

From experience with a 1025 the loader becomes pretty anemic without any rear ballast. You cant dig or bite into the ground nearly as well as you can with additional weight.

For the tippy feeling most people suggest wheel weights, rimguard, and spacers.
    PJR832 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,493 Times in 1,402 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephen5901 View Post
    No need for front weight. And the cab helps offset the loads in the bucket compared to a tractor without the cab.

You will benefit from wheel spacers tremendously on the tractor. The center of gravity is noticeably higher on the tractor with the cab on it. If you work on any side hills or grades, you will be surprised at how much more top heavy the tractor is. This can be offset with some Bro Tech Wheel spacers. I just ordered a set of the 3" spacers and they are a very nice product and very well made.

In fact my wife asked me "Why do they make them so nice looking and polished and shiny when no one is going to see them?" I explained its a function of making the pieces in the machining process which makes them look so nice.....The hardware included is top quality as well.

I avoid ANY side hill arrangements or use of my tractor as the feeling is quite unnerving when you feel the high center of gravity. i just bought a set from Bro-Tek and they are very nice, the owner, Richard was great to deal with and I will be posting a review of the Bro Tek spacers after I install them tomorrow......so stay tuned.

Their website doesn't list all of their products. Contact Richard via email and he can help you with any questions. He sent my spacers out the same day ordered and they were packed extremely well,

Bro-Tek

I think the total price including shipping was $330..............and they were packed so they couldn't have been damaged.

I have waited too long to get these and now I am looking forward to improved stability. 3" spacers are pretty significant on these small machines
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_20190826_172425975.jpg   IMG_20190826_172324771_HDR.jpg  
    Toughsox likes this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements