Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 220R loader Mounting Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:21 AM
    Thanks

220R loader Mounting Question

I have had my loader on and off quite a few times, and recently I've had an issue where the left side loader tower won't sit down on the mounts and binds up. The only fix seems to be if I wiggle the tractor back and forth until it slides down on the mounts. I believe it only happens when the ground I am parking the loader on isn't perfectly flat; it is very flat, but not flat like a cement pad. I prefer to park it on grass to be easier on the paint on the loader stand, but should I be using a totally flat surface to park the loader? Or should the loader mount normally on fairly flat ground?

As a side note, the bosses at the top of the loader stand seem to be cam-ing inwards, away from the loader. That doesn't seem correct to me either, and it does not change when the stand is up or down.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20190802_124341_1566089950488.jpg   20190802_124337_1566090003922.jpg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:30 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,604 Times in 1,218 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Satch View Post
    I have had my loader on and off quite a few times, and recently I've had an issue where the left side loader tower won't sit down on the mounts and binds up. The only fix seems to be if I wiggle the tractor back and forth until it slides down on the mounts. I believe it only happens when the ground I am parking the loader on isn't perfectly flat; it is very flat, but not flat like a cement pad. I prefer to park it on grass to be easier on the paint on the loader stand, but should I be using a totally flat surface to park the loader? Or should the loader mount normally on fairly flat ground?

As a side note, the bosses at the top of the loader stand seem to be cam-ing inwards, away from the loader. That doesn't seem correct to me either, and it does not change when the stand is up or down.
    Any time the loader and tractor are not on flat even ground, mounting and dismounting are going to be problematic. I would say side-to-side level is more critical but to be honest unlevel ground in any direction will only lead to trouble as you have discovered.

I wouldn't give the paint on the loader stand a second thought. It can easily be touched up if you feel the need. You could always wrap it with something.

As for the bosses cam-ing in. I think I see what you mean on the photo. Are you sure all the bolts are tight? Several folks have reported the bolts breaking that attach the parking stand to the loader. Which, I think are the same bolts running through the bosses. This cam-ing action may be what is causing the bolts to break.
    DRobinson and PJR832 like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    The bolts are tight, and they don't go through the bosses, they secure about 3" forward of the bosses. Based on the illustrations of the loader stand, I would say only about 50% of the boss is left in to support the loader.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by The Satch View Post
    The bolts are tight, and they don't go through the bosses, they secure about 3" forward of the bosses. Based on the illustrations of the loader stand, I would say only about 50% of the boss is left in to support the loader.
    Hopefully some other folks with 220R loaders can post what their parking stand attachment points look like.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:11 AM
    Thanks
    I broke the bolts that hold my parking stand to the loader last week. The bolts look like they run thru the hydraulic cylinders. Don’t know if I am capable of fixing this.
    Yancey

2017 2038R 220R loader
    Frontier 72” rear blade
    Frontier 60” box blade
    Frontier 65” tiller
    Frontier subsoiler
    Frontier 60” landplane
    Frontier 42” pallet forks
    Frontier 72” RC 2072
    HH toothbar KBOH’s bucket hooks
    2017 X580
    Model 80 trailer

8. Top | #6
    Big
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:19 AM
    Thanks
    My parking stand looks like that as well. Works fine. I'm like the OP though, should be a better fit.
    -2017 2032R, 220r Loader, I-Match, Ken's Extended Top Hook, MMM, JD Ballast Box, Dual rear SCV's, Single Point Hydraulic Connection, Landscape Rake, Tarter Tiller, Boom Pole, Middle Buster/Potato Plow, Drag Harrow, Single Row Hipper, 5' Enorossi sickle bar, 3 point spike drag, Titan 42" Forks, 60" Box Blade, Landpride 3 point spreader, Leinbach 5' Disc.

-Bobcat 325G Mini Ex
    -Toro Dingo 322 with many attachments
    -Honda Pioneer 700

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    I broke the bolts that hold my parking stand to the loader last week. The bolts look like they run thru the hydraulic cylinders. Don’t know if I am capable of fixing this.
    If it's on the tractor still, I would think you relieve the pressure in the lines, block the loader stand so it's in a fixed position, and just replace the bolt. If it's off the tractor, you will need to support the loader.
    Last edited by The Satch; 08-19-2019 at 02:56 PM.
    Yank likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Yank View Post
    According to JD Parts the bolt that secures the parking stand just threads into the support tower. The only thing running through the hydraulic cylinders are the greasable bushing pins.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 220R_bolt.jpg  
    Yank likes this.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:13 AM
    Thanks
    When the bolt is broken, how do you get it out? I have the dealer coming in to fix mine next week.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_6358 (1).JPG  
    Yank likes this.
    2019 2038r, iMatch, ballast box, frontier SB54, Woodland Mills WC68 PTO Chipper, 270B Backhoe, 60 MMM

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:38 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,127 Times in 798 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gmissed View Post
    When the bolt is broken, how do you get it out? I have the dealer coming in to fix mine next week.
    Same way you get any broken bolt out.

The typical method is to drill it and use an extractor.

Take the weight / pressure off of it if you can.

Drill it with a left hand drill bit. Sometimes the bit will catch and the bolt will back right out.

If it doesn't come out with the drill bit, CAREFULLY attempt to remove it with an extractor. You don't want to break the extractor.

There are other methods that get a little more complicated. My guess is if you sheared the bolt, it shouldn't be that hard to remove compared to a bolt that is stuck from age & corrosion.
    Yank likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

13. The Following User Says Thank You to rtgt For This Useful Post:

gmissed (08-21-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast