At least Iíll have some good stories, ProWorks tree puller issues.
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By WilliamT.

Thread: At least Iíll have some good stories, ProWorks tree puller issues.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

At least Iíll have some good stories, ProWorks tree puller issues.

I recently purchased a ProWorks post and tree puller after reading about it courtesy of WH401. My experience has been a little less happy than his so far, but I am hoping for some improvement when I actually get to use the thing.

I ordered it on Thursday, 8/15. The salesman said it would probably be 4-5 days in transit. That was fine. After five days passed, I decided to check the tracking number. This was the following Wednesday. It had arrived Monday! I called the terminal, and got a recorded message saying the best way to check on a shipment was to use the website. Okay. The website said it was there. So I hopped in the truck and off I went. Halfway there I received a call from someone in the office at the terminal.

"Yeah, I have a shipment for you. When can you pick it up? I was going to call before, but I got busy."

"Iím already halfway there. Iíll see you shortly."

Pickup went smoothly, and I headed home, with a very small detour to stop at the hydraulic fittings shop, to get the parts I needed to fit my Artillian 3rd function setup. We (as in I and the two employees of the shop) unscrewed the skid steer QA fitting, only to discover that the hydraulics were pressurized. They got covered and I narrowly dodged an ejaculation of Brobdingnagian proportions. It was like Old Faithful but in hydraulic fluid. I walked out the door $105 poorer, but excited that I would soon be plucking weed trees out by their roots.

It was the end of a long hard day, so I elected to wait until the morrow to set up the tree ripper. The next morning all went well, unloading it, switching the QA fittings, right up to putting it on the tractor. It went on a little rough. I thought it was just me. Iíve been driving tractors for many years, but Iím new to QA technology. But then I went to install the linchpins in the lower pins. The first one went in perfectly. The second one didnít. At all. It was a "close but no cigar" scenario.

Maybe I picked it up wrong. Maybe I just needed some practice. Maybe somebody WELDED IT UP WRONG!!! The third possibility turned out to be the true one. I fussed and fumed for a good long while trying to make it fit. Iím strong - stronger than most people. I donít have a red S on my chest though, so I canít bend steel. It wasnít going on no way no how.

I called the seller. There was a lot of hemming and hawing, and asking for confirmation of both my tractor and my loader. That, along with a bunch of pictures got them to understand they had a problem, and it might not just be me. They promised to take care of it. They did, after a fashion.

They offered me $75 off the purchase price if I wanted to keep it and grind the pin to make it fit. No. I didnít want to grind it off. I need it. It helps stabilize the implement. So then they offered to have it sent back and replace it. Fine. I can do that. While I waited for that option to materialize, I drove it over to a welder who has done good work for me in the past.

"Yeah, we can fix it." Fixing it entails grinding all the welds on one of the quick attach brackets and moving it all of 1/4Ē. So I called the seller back and explained my counter offer. They dug their heels in to the point where I was ready to send it back with bad words, but I figured I really want it and I really need it. So it is sitting at the welder's shop right now. Iíll come out a very few dollars ahead for my trouble, but my trouble should be less than if I sent it back and waited for a new one.

As for the people who built it, they need to think a whole lot harder about their "Proudly built in the USA" sticker. Not only does their QC suck, their paint job is abysmal. Click image for larger version.†

Name:	4E3DAB27-03E5-42F2-9838-BEFF92046114.jpeg†
Views:	16†
Size:	2.07 MB†
ID:	701258Click image for larger version.†

Name:	1562502C-8862-4A6B-8176-CA8AAC742702.jpeg†
Views:	17†
Size:	469.8 KB†
ID:	701260
    mark02tj and keane like this.
    Bill

2019 2038r, FEL, backhoe, ballast box, box scraper, Artillian grapple and forks, Woods chipper, Brand X 3 pt log splitter
    2016 Gator XUV 590i
    2011 X534 all wheel steer, 54Ē deck 47Ē snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,401 Posts
    Could you post a link to this implements source website?

I looked but when I searched Pro Works Post and Tree Puller what I came up with was this....

XL Pro Tree Puller Post Puller | CL Fabrication

Is this the same one?

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post
    Could you post a link to this implements source website?

I looked but when I searched Pro Works Post and Tree Puller what I came up with was this....

XL Pro Tree Puller Post Puller | CL Fabrication

Is this the same one?
    This is it.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/John-Deere-...cAAOSwcntciDmv
    Bill

2019 2038r, FEL, backhoe, ballast box, box scraper, Artillian grapple and forks, Woods chipper, Brand X 3 pt log splitter
    2016 Gator XUV 590i
    2011 X534 all wheel steer, 54Ē deck 47Ē snowblower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements