• 3 Post By BWV
  • 1 Post By Spartazoo

Thread: 1025R and Cyclone Rake

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-06-2019 @ 03:06 PM
    Thanks

1025R and Cyclone Rake

Just received and setup my Cyclone Rake. Used the receiver hitch connection instead of the 3 point hitch option.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20190828_141718.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	702030

Name:	20190828_141647.jpg 
Views:	32 
Size:	4.74 MB 
ID:	702032

(I don't mow with the FEL on)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:37 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,494 Times in 1,403 Posts
    Good looking system. Having the carts which are hooked directly to the tractor and follow it as an extension of the same frame, instead of the typical hitch with a pivot are much easier to operate, back and also position to empty the cart. This should work very well for you.

Just pay close attention to the cart as it fills as once the cart is full, the system will plug the hoses and then the impeller and its a pain to unhook everything and have to clean it out. Usually, the moment you notice the system isn't lifting all of the cutting debris, it needs attention as its either full or plugged. Also, I have noticed the sound changes as the cart fills which helps to indicate its time to empty as well.

I don't have this exact system, but rather the MC519 cart and blower. My cart is close enough I can reach back and tap the front of the cart material with my hand while driving and tell when its reaching time to empty. I would imagine your cart is out of reach from the seat, without leaning way back to touch it, then you have to be careful to not trip the seat switch, shutting down the tractor.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Thanks
    I purchased a Cyclone Rake XL on their spring sale in 2015. My John Deere dealer recommended them. I have 200 mature Oak trees on 3 acres and the leaves every year were too much to keep up with. I’m about to start my 4th year using it and it has performed outstanding. As SulleyBear mentioned, pay attention to it plugging up. It doesn’t happen very often unless the leaves are extremely wet or a small stick gets caught in the MDA.

The only issue I’ve had was what I started out using as a mower. A JD D170. As I quickly found out the transmissions in those haven’t got the power to pull that kind of weight when it’s even half full. I now use a JD X570 and it has no issues moving it. You’ll have no trouble. Since it takes 2 months for all the leaves to fall, it’s an ongoing cleanup. But when the last leaf falls, our yard is clean.

As far a Cyclone Rake as a company, my original collection bag had an 18” square exhaust screen on the top. There were 2 different screens, one for leaves and one for grass. Leaves plugged it up constantly. Since it couldn’t exhaust, it wouldn’t pick up the leaves. My MDA had also cracked so I called them. She immediately said they’d send out a new MDA and that she thought they were working on a new exhaust port. Less than a week later I received a new MDA and a complete new collection bag that had an exhaust port in the top that was 3’ x 3’. No charge for either the parts or shipping. That says a lot about a company backing up their product.

It should perform very well for you.
    Lee

2018 JD 4044R/440R loader, 1939 JD model B, 2016 JD X380, 2017 JD X570 mowers. JD 503 brush mower, Frontier GM1060E finish mower, Frontier WC1105 wood chipper, JD 655 tiller. Cyclone Rake XL, Cyclone Rake Nut Rake, Misc discs and cultivators.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    BWV
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Soundchasr View Post
    Just received and setup my Cyclone Rake. Used the receiver hitch connection instead of the 3 point hitch option.

Name:	20190828_141718.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	3.03 MB 
ID:	702030
    I have had a cyclone rake for years... LOVE IT!... used it with my 318 mounted to the 3 point using a drawbar.
    I did the same with it on the 1023e, and it sticks off the back a ways further, so i had to extend the hose and support it in the middle.
    I like the receiver mount idea... nice.
    The drawbar mount.. for me, on both tractors, means the rake goes up and down with the mower deck... less than ideal, but worked ok.

Anyway...I'm posting to say, with the Cyclone there is no reason to worry about overfilling and plugging. If you look at your first pic, you will see a trapezoidal hole in the blower housing right before the bag.
    When your bag gets full, grass or whatever you are blowing will come flying out of that trapezoidal tube on both sides. Itis actually quite an ingenius system...
    If you do manage to overfill it, the deck really cant push too much up the hose... if you disconnect and connect the deck hose from the blower a couple times after you dump it, the blower will suck the hose right out.
    You will likely notice a slight loss of suction a lap or so before any of that happens though

Name:	cyclonesm.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	155.4 KB 
ID:	703518
    "No problem can be solved by the same kind of thinking that created it." Albert Einstein

'19 1023e
    R3 turf tires
    54" AutoConnect Deck
    54" SnowBlower Electric chute
    60" $152 DIY Push Blade
    RimGuard loaded rears + 50lb plastic weights
    LandPride RB0560 60" Back Blade
    72" DIY rake w/guide wheels (uses RB0560 frame)
    48" Taylor Pittsburgh 233 series Rotary Cutter
    LED Headlights, Work lights and 3pt area lighting
    D120 Loader with DIY Toothbar
    Cyclone Rake Classic w/Duals and Power Vacuum

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:28 PM
    Thanks
    Nice setup!

I loved the cyclone rake I had on my GT 235. It was awesome. When I upgraded to a 1025r, I bought the MCS 20 system to go on the three point. While the push button dump is the best thing since the wheel, the powerflow head pushing debris instead of the cyclone pulling debris is not. The JD powerflow is functional but NO WHERE NEAR as efficient as the cyclone system.
    Soundchasr likes this.
    You can follow my little homestead on Instagram @Trolladyfarmhomestead

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:03 PM
    Thanks
    I like that overflow jettison port. I would think all that material blasting out the sides would get your attention promptly that it's time to empty.
    1025r | 60D | Forks | AV20F Grapple & 3rd SCV | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch w/ extended top hook | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

9. Top | #7
    BWV
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:58 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    I like that overflow jettison port. I would think all that material blasting out the sides would get your attention promptly that it's time to empty.
    Sure does!!
    "No problem can be solved by the same kind of thinking that created it." Albert Einstein

'19 1023e
    R3 turf tires
    54" AutoConnect Deck
    54" SnowBlower Electric chute
    60" $152 DIY Push Blade
    RimGuard loaded rears + 50lb plastic weights
    LandPride RB0560 60" Back Blade
    72" DIY rake w/guide wheels (uses RB0560 frame)
    48" Taylor Pittsburgh 233 series Rotary Cutter
    LED Headlights, Work lights and 3pt area lighting
    D120 Loader with DIY Toothbar
    Cyclone Rake Classic w/Duals and Power Vacuum

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements