Adapting implements to the IMatch.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: Adapting implements to the IMatch.

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

I love the versatility of the 3 point hitch. I hate the variability of 3 point hitch implements. For almost 20 years we have struggled, suffered, and sworn, as we hitched and unhitched uncooperative implements like a huge brush cutter, a log splitter, and lately a wood chipper. These were all heavy beasts, and none of them seemed to be easily attached - ever.

When I bought my new 2038R a few months ago, I was ecstatic to learn of the IMatch. My hopes were dashed almost instantly though, when the salesman warned me that not all implements fit it. I was pretty sure my non John Deere stuff fit into that category. I was right.

Today, with the help of my son-in-law, I remedied that situation so that now all the things I currently own are fitted to the IMatch. I have the older version with the fixed top hook. A 3rd party mower shop had a used one for sale for $150 off the current price. And used meant "bought". There was all of one scratch on it, and it didn’t even reach all the way through the paint.

So today we spent the day cutting and welding and trying. Now my Woods chipper and my Brand X log splitter hook up with the IMatch. I think the Missus is even more excited about this than I am. She was often the one trying to horse around a recalcitrant implement while I maneuvered the machine. The only downside, and I think it is a minor one, is I have to find a slightly longer PTO shaft for the chipper. It runs, but when I lift it for travel it comes apart in the middle and becomes a pain to reattach.

On a side note, the little monsters (aka my grandsons) had a great time sitting and climbing on the tractor, asking questions, helping with tools, and best of all, feeding the chipper after we gave it some PM and fired it up. They were VERY closely supervised, and had a wonderful opportunity to learn about tools and machinery. I don’t know how well anyone can see it, but we all have ear plugs and safety glasses on.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	655FD6AB-1A94-4D11-AADE-47CC2F8BBAF8.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.40 MB 
ID:	702722

Name:	E9077A34-468C-4E7C-A05F-D74AE180B701.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	702726

Name:	3AF3B636-C2AB-42B3-B22A-B257C5C86CB2.jpeg 
Views:	21 
Size:	1.14 MB 
ID:	702728

Name:	5571E115-8AB7-4781-BE8E-9818D7CF7C02.jpeg 
Views:	18 
Size:	1.90 MB 
ID:	702730
    glc, Gizmo2, fdmars and 11 others like this.
    Bill

2019 2038r, FEL, backhoe, ballast box, box scraper, Artillian grapple and forks, Woods chipper, Brand X 3 pt log splitter
    2016 Gator XUV 590i
    2011 X534 all wheel steer, 54” deck 47” snowblower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:02 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,288 Times in 2,580 Posts

Yup, I don’t buy any implements unless they are QH compatible or I’m willing to make it compatible. I still need to tweak my sickle mower to fit a bit easier.
    glc, rtgt, OxPath and 5 others like this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:03 AM
    Thanks
    Agree with everything you said and great job on starring the boys out on the right path.

Two things will make it friendlier for a lot of equipment. A hydraulic top link and the extended top hook from Kenny.

Fit Rite Hydraulics - fitritehydraulics.com

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks
    glc, rtgt, OxPath and 6 others like this.
    Welcome to Intermission.

2017 2038R, 400, 3020 & HPX and thingies to hook to the them.
    112 - Sold in July 2017 but took me until November to admit I just cast it out into this cruel world.
    #compactfarmer

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    uhhh... some do..some just don't

My new to me chipper thing..just won't.

driveline would only have 3" of tube on either end...sounds weird but true.

Have to "park" chipper...move forward .Be sure tractor brakes are locked.

Hook up long drive shaft ..and blow chips.

I'd mount it to I msatch but drive line would still be sketchy..and I'm not sure I could pick it up.

Darn chipper is way Heavy.
    And the hitch pins need to be moved to be Imatch ready

Last edited by theduke; 08-31-2019 at 11:53 PM.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 05:16 AM
    Thanks
    I saw in the picture your little guys were wearing their glasses and ear plugs and thought this is great! Then when reading the post you mention that they are too. Nice job for providing them the “tools” to protect their sight and hearing. My son always wears his hearing and eye protection when we’re around the tractor. He has become a PPE enthusiast and even wears his ear plugs when running the vacuum in the house.
    glc, BigJim55, jdforever and 4 others like this.
    2016 JD 2032R, front end loader, 61" bucket, Imatch, ballast box, 72" mid mount mower, Frontier RC60 rotary cutter, Woods RB72.50 rear blade, power beyond, R3 & R4 tires

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RedDirt View Post
    I saw in the picture your little guys were wearing their glasses and ear plugs and thought this is great! Then when reading the post you mention that they are too. Nice job for providing them the “tools” to protect their sight and hearing. My son always wears his hearing and eye protection when we’re around the tractor. He has become a PPE enthusiast and even wears his ear plugs when running the vacuum in the house.
    That’s awesome! I wish someone had taught me to do that when I was younger so it became habit. Took me until a couple years ago to always wear my safety glasses and ear protection - too little too late.

I have an old shop vac that is terribly load. I have a pair of cheap protection muffs hanging right on the handle so I remember to use them every time.

I have safety glasses laying around everywhere - just like I used to have reading glasses before I started to wear regular glasses all the time. I bought a few of the over the regular glasses safety glasses a while back which work great.
    glc, jdforever, Herminator and 3 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:15 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by coaltrain View Post
    That’s awesome! I wish someone had taught me to do that when I was younger so it became habit. Took me until a couple years ago to always wear my safety glasses and ear protection - too little too late.

I have an old shop vac that is terribly load. I have a pair of cheap protection muffs hanging right on the handle so I remember to use them every time.

I have safety glasses laying around everywhere - just like I used to have reading glasses before I started to wear regular glasses all the time. I bought a few of the over the regular glasses safety glasses a while back which work great.

I always wear safety glasses when working outside. I even keep a pair in the tractor cab. Were you aware that you can get safety glasses with bifocals? All of mine are bifocal. 1.5 seems to work best for me, although I also have 2.0.

Dave
    glc, jdforever, Herminator and 2 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:12 AM
    Thanks
    All my safety glasses clear and tinted have bifocals in them, which I could find ones stronger than 3.0
    Like others wear them any time I am out the door......
    glc, jdforever, Herminator and 2 others like this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,061 Times in 2,226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I always wear safety glasses when working outside. I even keep a pair in the tractor cab. Were you aware that you can get safety glasses with bifocals? All of mine are bifocal. 1.5 seems to work best for me, although I also have 2.0.

Dave
    I tried the ones with bifocals but the positioning was just off a little for me. My regular glasses have no line bifocals. So since I wear my regular glasses all the time the over glasses work very well for me. I have both clear and dark.
    glc, jdforever, Herminator and 1 others like this.
    ~Stan~
    It is what it is
    Knowledge is power, ignorance is bliss
    2520 w/200CX w/62D2

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:53 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,492 Times in 1,401 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WilliamT. View Post
    She was often the one trying to horse around a recalcitrant implement while I maneuvered the machine.

Reputation points awarded for the proper and well versed use of recalcitrant. I like it when our GTT posters stretch their linguistic legs in their postings....

Good job on the implement modifications as well........
    glc, mark02tj, jdforever and 3 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

13. The Following User Says Thank You to SulleyBear For This Useful Post:

WilliamT. (09-01-2019)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast