Does JD make a Click and Go bracket for 1025r?
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Does JD make a Click and Go bracket for 1025r?

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:21 PM
    Thanks

Does JD make a Click and Go bracket for 1025r?

I had a weight bracket for my x728 that would hold 8 weights and fit close to the back of the tractor. I could find it on JD

I now have a Heavy Hitch weight bracket on my 1025 r and I don’t like how far it sticks out. It would make plowing easier if I could get the weight closer to the cab
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,209 Posts
    No. There would be no point in Click and Go for tractors that have a 3PH.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:28 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    Actually there are a few reasons. I have a 3pt hitch on my 738 AND the click and go brackets. I use those brackets for my electric spreader (even though the sales spew says you can't). It works fine and saved me from buying another spreader.
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, aerator, 900lb roller
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

Vietnam Veteran

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:09 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,590 Times in 1,209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post
    Actually there are a few reasons. I have a 3pt hitch on my 738 AND the click and go brackets. I use those brackets for my electric spreader (even though the sales spew says you can't). It works fine and saved me from buying another spreader.
    That's true. But I suspect that a very small percentage of X700-series owners have a 3PH installed so the Click and Go is still probably the more common method to mount attachments. Whereas all 1-series tractors have a 3PH. I'm not even sure where you could put Click and Go on the 1-series since it is wider than the 700's.

I use the Car-Go mount on my X500 for a bucket and 25-gallon sprayer. I can't understand why JD did away with the Car-Go mounts on the newer models. I thought it was a pretty nice system.
    PJR832 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    09-03-2019 @ 07:21 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BOBL View Post
    Actually there are a few reasons.
    I also am interested in one. With the 3pt ballast box and a front snowblower the tractor is very long.
    2018 1025r

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Maybe I used the wrong term, I bought the JD weight bracket for my x728 and it clicked on with no bolts and held 8 suitcase weights.

If JD doesn’t make one I wonder if an aftermarket one is available.
    2018 John Deere 1025r, Mauser cab, rear wiper, rear light, FEL, Piranah tooth bar, Heavy Hitch weight bar, 8 suitcase weights, 55 amp alternator, Kens hooks and seat springs, 54” MMM, 66” Loader mounted CTA plow, Artillian 3d function diverter kit. New Green equipment =less green in investments

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    That's true. But I suspect that a very small percentage of X700-series owners have a 3PH installed so the Click and Go is still probably the more common method to mount attachments. Whereas all 1-series tractors have a 3PH. I'm not even sure where you could put Click and Go on the 1-series since it is wider than the 700's.

I use the Car-Go mount on my X500 for a bucket and 25-gallon sprayer. I can't understand why JD did away with the Car-Go mounts on the newer models. I thought it was a pretty nice system.
    I've been converting all of my sleeve hitch and towed attachments to a 2" receiver system that works off of the 3 point hitch on my 738. I have a fairly decent number of attachments from years gone by and see no reason to sell them off at a loss. The key to success with the changeover is the 3pt trailer pulling hitch with the 2" receiver you can see in the picture below. I bought 16' of 2" square .125 wall tubing for the project and have a number of the attachments converted already. I converted my aerator but decided not to use it attached to the 3pt. The problem is in the turns when the aerator rips turf vs. aerating. Severe enough to bend the spikes/blades. I'm old and hurting now so I just bought a new plug type aerator to remedy the situation.

What I'm thinking now is that I should just build an 2" receiver adapter for the spreader so that I won't need to disconnect the 3pt receiver hitch adapter to make room when attaching to the Click n' go brackets. It's the JD electric spreader and it was a perfect match for my 580. I like it and it works well so I'll make it work with the 738 just as good as it has worked in the past.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC_0078.JPG   DSC_0076.JPG  
    JD X738

Vietnam Veteran

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks

JD replaced the cargo mounts with a bolt bushing washer system moving the weight from the rear fenders to the chassis on the X5xx series. My 580 used the system for the spreader and it worked very well, but was a pita to put the attachments on.
    JD X738

Vietnam Veteran

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Heavy Hitch weight bracket

Well I did find something that would work. Heavy Hitch makes a weight bracket that fits into a trailer hitch receiver that bolts on near the rear differential. I call my tractor Sam (as in Uncle Sam) again it thinks it needs another $300 worth of parts.

I’m going to resist this time because the overall length doesn’t look like it would be more than 12” less.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Today @ 12:22 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sportshot2 View Post
    I had a weight bracket for my x728 that would hold 8 weights and fit close to the back of the tractor.
    You had one that holds 8? Mine only holds 6!

I have a 3pt on my X739 and prefer the click n go also, don't like all that weight flopping around at the end of the 3pt arms plus the additional length when working in tight quarters.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails X739 blades from phone 041.jpg  
    2008 3320 -- 2014 X739

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast