Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree24Likes

Thread: New I match vs whatever

1. Top | #11
    Last Online
    Today @ 04:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    It seems all new quick hitches, whether green or some other color, have this problem with the top hook. Kenny's $40 extended top hook solves that problem. I too have never needed to adjust the top hook up or down. IDK what implement would actually require that to begin with. But nonetheless, Kenny's top hook solves the issue with various implement being unable to get onto the hook. He has one for the iMatch and one for all the other brands. The bolt spacing is of course different on the iMatch vs all the other brands .

As for which brand quick hitch to get... I have the Harbor Freight quick hitch and am very pleased with it. It is $109, and I only paid $80 with a coupon that as usually available. Then add Kenny's $40 hook and you're golden for a total of $120. Tim uses the HF quick hitch on Johnny. I think we've all seen that it's been used heavily and without fail.

As for the iMatch... sorry, but the exact same thing painted green and called an iMatch for $416 (including the needed extended top hook) is absurd. There is no functional, mechanical, physical, or quality difference I can find between the iMatch and the others. I can't find source information and I could be wrong, but I remember reading the imatch is not made in the USA either. If so, you can't even use the "buy USA" reasoning. So essentially, it's $300 worth of green paint. No thanks. I used that $300 and bought a heavy hitch with suitcase weights instead, which fits nicely on my HF black quick hitch .
    I have the iMatch and also the HF version and i can tell you that there is no comparison. The HF looks and operates like it is 30-40 years old after 3 years of being exposed to the weather. It is so flimsy that i worry about the extra power of the 4066R will break it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #12
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:29 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,104 Times in 787 Posts
    I have the Landpride quick hitch.

It does have an adjustable hook, but I found the sweet spot and it has been bolted there ever since.

The hook works fine and I have not found a need to replace it.

It compares in cost with the iMatch.

It is Made in America.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

4. Top | #13

Last Online
    Today @ 01:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    Another vote here to keep the fixed hook version! Put a HF or other imported one on the 8N, buy the extended hook for it if needed.
    Curious why you like the fixed hook version of the I-Match? I need the adjustable hook on my Speco as my Bush Hog is different spacing from my chipper and my ballast box.
    '05 JD 3520 Open Station w/ 300CX FEL
    Grandpa's '52 Farmall Cub
    A couple of old Gravelys
    Help a Vet and his dog

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #14
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:26 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ddinham View Post
    I have the iMatch and also the HF version and i can tell you that there is no comparison. The HF looks and operates like it is 30-40 years old after 3 years of being exposed to the weather. It is so flimsy that i worry about the extra power of the 4066R will break it.
    I haven't had it for years. But plenty of others have. I'm not sure what could be considered flimsy on it. What are you seeing as weak or not working properly?

Quote Originally Posted by mark02tj View Post
    Curious why you like the fixed hook version of the I-Match? I need the adjustable hook on my Speco as my Bush Hog is different spacing from my chipper and my ballast box.
    The bolts for the adjustable hook get in the way of implements that have a narrow top link point. It's not actually the hook itself. The extended hook gets the hook out far enough away from the bolts.
    Gizmo2 and mark02tj like this.
    1026r | 60D | CID Pallet Forks | 60" Box Blade | Danuser G20/40 Auger | Titan Pine Straw Rake | Kenny's hooks, springs, & diff lock pedal | LED Lighting Upgrades | HF Quick Hitch (extended hook) | Heavy Hitch weight bracket & toothbar | Custom loader snow plow

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Pedals2Paddles For This Useful Post:

mark02tj (Today)

8. Top | #15

Last Online
    Today @ 03:55 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    I've got a couple implements that are just a bit "off"

Does Kens new hook thing deal with what you speak of..??
    yes it does deal with the differences
    Kennyd likes this.
    Leo Kelly veteran
    "At Ease Gardens"
    "A place for veterans with PTSD to relax and to heal"

1025r with a Curtis cab
    frontier box scrape, frontier brush hog, disk set, tiler, HLA snow pusher, frontier forks
    and a few other necessary 3 point attachments

9. Top | #16
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:02 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,581 Times in 1,201 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    I have the Landpride quick hitch.

It does have an adjustable hook, but I found the sweet spot and it has been bolted there ever since.

The hook works fine and I have not found a need to replace it.

It compares in cost with the iMatch.

It is Made in America.
    That's what I have. A LP QH-15. The list price for the QH-15 is $499 which is $100 more than the iMatch but it did come with the additional hardware to float the top-hook. Ironically, it came with pins to secure the top-hook and they kept popping off so I replaced them with low-profile bolts. The newer iMatch comes with bolts and folks are replacing them with pins - go figure. :-)

Like you, I have never needed to move my top-hook. Rear implements are three different rear blades, landscape rake, Subsoiler, ballast box, and trailer mover.
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #17
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedals2Paddles View Post
    I haven't had it for years. But plenty of others have. I'm not sure what could be considered flimsy on it. What are you seeing as weak or not working properly?

The bolts for the adjustable hook get in the way of implements that have a narrow top link point. It's not actually the hook itself. The extended hook gets the hook out far enough away from the bolts.
    The handles no longer work well. And the rubber on one of the handles is nearly gone after only 3 years of outside exposure. It is made of sheet metal and weighs less than half what an iMatch weighs. At my age the iMatch is a problem for me to carry, but not so with the HF. The HF is showing a lot of rust.

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk Pro
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

11. Top | #18

Last Online
    Today @ 03:46 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    New iMatch runs anywhere from $375 to $399. A lot of folks prefer the original non-adjustable hook as the bolts on the new adjustable hook get in the way on certain implements. While at first the adjustable hook sounds like a great idea, swapping between 6 implements I've never found the need to change hook positions.
    Interesting. I have a Cyclone blower that is fully 2" different than my JD ballast box and hitch. Ken's pins make the spacing change easy, but don't think I'd be able to work with a fixed hook.
    Gizmo2 and theduke like this.

12. Top | #19
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:10 PM
    Thanks
    My lower parts of I match fit all but one implement.

Its the top hook thats the issue.

If it would go up or down an inch or just come off altogether I'd be golden.

Been watching for one on CL but no luck...not even a HF one & our local HF no longer stocks them.

They are similar but Not as nice in the lower latch area from what I did see of one.

The price is right though.

Hmmm....I could spend 400 on several other things @ the moment.
    Dan

JD 955 ,70A loader, 60" mmm , Original I-match ,4' woods B hog , 5' Box blade , 12' orchard plane/driveway grader ,various other doo-dads & homebuilt implements. Goossen BFBlower, JakeRake..this thing is different.
    Kubota U-15
    Kubota RTV 900

47 8n......good times..V8 in my future possibly

13. Top | #20
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by theduke View Post
    My lower parts of I match fit all but one implement.

Its the top hook thats the issue.

If it would go up or down an inch or just come off altogether I'd be golden.

Been watching for one on CL but no luck...not even a HF one & our local HF no longer stocks them.

They are similar but Not as nice in the lower latch area from what I did see of one.

The price is right though.

Hmmm....I could spend 400 on several other things @ the moment.

You might want to get one of these adapters Adapter for Cat. 1 Quick Hitch - RanchEx 811882028552 | eBay They work on the top hook problems. I have one on order, but usually I just fix the implement to make it work as I did this week with my bale stabber.

Dave
    JD 4066R CAB

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2