1025R iMatch installed while mowing?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 1025R iMatch installed while mowing?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Thanks

1025R iMatch installed while mowing?

Well...I'm getting close to the age where I don't like muscling the heavy attachments around to connect to the 3pt hitch on my 1025R. Do any of you have the iMatch installed and keep it on while mowing? Does it interfere with your mowing at all? Not sure if it would come into play with uneven ground or not. Also...do you recommend the iMatch or is it better to go with a 3rd party quick hitch?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-18-2019 @ 09:51 AM
    Thanks
    I leave mine on when I cut grass with no problem. I do however have to pay attention when backing up to maneuver around something if there is a slope because the imatch is very close to the ground. It will sometimes plow if you are beginning an uphill slope when you back up.
    56Nine, kylew, Toughsox and 1 others like this.
    Wayne

2016 1025 R (Mr. Green Genes)
    H-120 53" Front End Loader
    D-60 Mid Mount Mower
    Ken's Bolt on Hooks Combo Deal!!
    i-match quick hitch
    JD ballast box
    Heavy Hitch Receiver
    CMP Dethatcher
    TSC Middle Buster
    King Kutter 48" Rotary Cutter
    4' Tiller Country Way
    Extended Hook and adjustment pins

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:15 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    Well...I'm getting close to the age where I don't like muscling the heavy attachments around to connect to the 3pt hitch on my 1025R. Do any of you have the iMatch installed and keep it on while mowing? Does it interfere with your mowing at all? Not sure if it would come into play with uneven ground or not. Also...do you recommend the iMatch or is it better to go with a 3rd party quick hitch?
    When I had my 1025R, I never took off the iMatch. There was no interference. I have the JD iMatch and also a HF quickhitch. No comparison, except for price. You get what you pay for.

Dave
    glc, SulleyBear, kylew and 1 others like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 02:07 AM
    Thanks
    I leave mine on all the time. I had some problems when going over very uneven ground with the match digging in until I realized that the mower deck would reach its lowest setting with the position control lever set well above its lowest setting.

In other words, you don't need to lower the 3pt all the way in order for the mower deck to be fully down.
    keefus, SulleyBear, ErikR and 5 others like this.
    1025r TLB, 54" Bucket, R4 Tires (metal valve stems!) with Beet Juice, 60D Mower Deck - mechanical lift, 42" Titan Pallet Forks w/Bale spear, 54" ETA Box Blade, 72" ETA Landscape Rake, iMatch, Ken's Bolt on Hooks and Diff pedal extension, Piranha Tooth Bar and psrumor's Seat Springs

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:26 PM
    Thanks
    I leave the IMatch on all the time except when the backhoe is on. No problem mowing on hills but I have the hydraulic lift setup so my 3 pt doesn't drop when adjusting the deck.

I have only used the IMatch so I can't comment how it compares to others, but to me it's worth it's weight in gold.
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:16 PM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,551 Times in 1,431 Posts
    I have the Imatch and its never been off my tractor since the day it came new from the dealer, but I also don't have a MMM. I cant imagine hooking up implements without it. It makes it SO much easier.........you don't even have to leave the seat for non pto driven 3 point implements, back up lift and go.

Personally, I found the after market hitches to be not built as well and not gusseted in the corners the same way and also the fit and finish wasn't as good. There are many people who have other 3 point units and most seem to be satisfied with them. I have noticed that some seem to be often explaining how the HF and others are "nearly as good and much less money". I agree with Dave (DDINHAM) you get what you pay for. I didn't buy a Rural King tractor because I wanted the real deal, same with my IMatch and most attachments........

One strong suggestion is to make sure to get the Ken's Bolt on Hook's Center hook for the IMatch or the replica models. He makes one for each and it improves an already great attachment device. The angle on the hook from Ken along with its forward position make hooking and unhooking easier than without it. In my opinion, the I Match and the Ken's Center Hook give you the ideal 3ph attachment aid. Never wrestle or man handle an implement again.
    keefus, jdforever, raco232 and 4 others like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:57 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BigK View Post
    I'm making the assumption that you don't currently have an iMatch. Also assuming that you have the standard mechanical lift for your MMM. If that is the case, once the iMatch is attached to your 3PH lift arms, it will go up with down with the lift arms as you raise and lower your mower deck. It should not present any interference issues at all. One of the biggest benefits to the iMatch is that once it is installed and your 3PH sway turnbuckles are adjusted, you shouldn't have to adjust them again.

As for the JD iMatch vs. 3rd party offerings. There are a lot of different quick hitches on the market. They all work pretty much the same. What you will find is that virtually all 3rd party quick hitches are much more bulky compared to the iMatch. They typically use larger box sections and massive gussets to achieve their strength. The iMatch on the other hand is very "thin" by comparison and as such it still allows easy access to the rear components of your tractor.

Google around for images of quick hitches and you will quickly see what I am referring to.
    BigJim55, Firemark, kylew and 1 others like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:13 PM
    Thanks
    I have it on when moving my trailer out of the way to mow. Doesn't get in the way at all. I couldn't get the imatch on the 3 point when I got it, too heavy for me. I use an electric winch mounted to the ceiling of my shop to lift it up so I can install it. Brains over brawn.
    Last edited by jimmylh; 09-25-2019 at 05:45 PM.
    BigJim55, kylew and BigK like this.
    2018 1025r. 260B backhoe, 120r loader, Titan 36" forks, Frontier RT1142 tiller
    1995 Lowes branded riding mower.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:44 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,558 Times in 1,278 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by W9GFO View Post
    I leave mine on all the time. I had some problems when going over very uneven ground with the match digging in until I realized that the mower deck would reach its lowest setting with the position control lever set well above its lowest setting.
    Position control

Very simple, the MMM will be all the way down long before the 3 point, set it after lowering you mower and the iMATCH will be plenty high enough for mowing with zero interference.
    BigJim55, kylew and BigK like this.
    Pat
    #compactfarming
    2025R W/120R FEL/Titan 36" Pallet Forks w/round bale spears/Ken's Bolt on Hooks / 72" moose plow / Kawasaki Mule(The Donkey) 610xc w/ Warn winch
    60D Auto Connect w/mulch kit and Gator G6 blades
    County Line- 48" Tiller & middle buster
    Frontier- BB5048L & DH1066 & RC2060
    JD iMATCH
    Homemade cultivator/hiller/chisel plow
    Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar
    Watch the 2025R on YouTube:
    Elk Creek Acres

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PJR832 For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (09-25-2019)

13. Top | #10
    Last Online
    10-11-2019 @ 03:12 PM
    Thanks
    Thank you everyone for the quick responses. Looks like the best solution is to go with the iMatch and Ken’s Bolt on Hooks attachment. Will also have to purchase bushings for all attachments, correct? Sounds like I need to save some money!

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast