Green Tractor Talk banner

E-z post puller

8K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  Poppi 
#1 ·
I found another thing my little tractor is good for … Pullin fence posts.
I welded a grab hook on top of the square tube on my receiver hitch, and used a chain to pull a bunch of fence posts out of the ground.
I backed the tractor up next to the post, set the brakes, and lowered the three point down, wrapped the chain around the post a couple of times, then stood beside the tractor to operate the three point lift leaver.
The steel post were a snap, but I was apprehensive about tackling the wooden posts since they had been driven in with a hydraulic driver.
Surprisingly, they came out of the ground almost as easily as the steel post did.
Once pulled I loaded the posts on the loader forks for easy transport.

G

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
I do it too.

I set and pull t posts in the garden a lot. Chain wrapped around the post works fine, but I picked one of these up and it works great too.

View attachment 706862
I've one of those too. Does a great job.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

#6 ·
Man, the stuff you find on this forum. Never knew they made these things. I always used a chain and the FEL hooked to KennyD hooks.

Reactions: wentonbrown
#7 ·
Saw those post puller "thingies" you guys were using to pull steel post with, and thought …
Hey I can make one of those. I went to the shop and carved out one from a piece of 3/8 steel plate.

G

Attachments

#10 ·
Post Installer

Ok .... so we've got some excellent ways to remove the T posts, but any ideas on installation?? I'm going to be putting a fence around a garden area and I'm looking for an easy way to put the posts in. I don't have a BH or auger.
:knownothing:

Reactions: rtgt
#11 ·
Ok .... so we've got some excellent ways to remove the T posts, but any ideas on installation?? I'm going to be putting a fence around a garden area and I'm looking for an easy way to put the posts in. I don't have a BH or auger.
:knownothing:
Use a T-post driver. You can find them at TSC and most farm stores. They look like a section of heavy pipe with handles on each side. My dad built his own years ago using a section of forklift hydraulic mast. It works great but gives you a workout as it is so heavy.

#13 ·
I got lazy last fall when a buddy was helping me put a temporary fence around a magnolia tree so the rabbits don't gnaw on the lower branches. Long story short, I pushed them in with the FEL then just gave a couple of them an extra tap or two. The idea was to just start them and use a sledge hammer to finish but they went right in. The ground was a little damp. It probably wouldn't have worked so well if the ground was hard and dry. I'll be using the same method this fall. Good Luck.

#20 · (Edited)
#22 ·
Good old Scotch broom with its pretty yellow flowers. Just as i think I got it all i discover more! GRRRRR......Haven't tried the root grapple on scotch broom but thanks for the idea. Root grapple can do T posts and old wood posts and old sticks laying around.

Attachments

#23 · (Edited)
That post puller is only an hour from you...Go for it if you got rear or any remotes...I'm out.

It might even install post if you got TnT.....hmmmm

#24 ·
So if I cut a piece of 3"-4"x 4" long steel pipe attached a clevis at the bottom and put it over a wood post with chain attached. I should be able to hook to the FEL and pull them. The paranha bar works but chews up some posts a good bit. Any thoughts? Someone already doing this?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.