Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Thread: Converting Titan Landscape Rake to iMatch on 1025r

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 09:38 AM
    Thanks

Converting Titan Landscape Rake to iMatch on 1025r

I am planning on getting a Landscape Rake and like the reviews and price of the 5’ Titan ($750) but I don’t think it is iMatch compatible. I wondering what it would take to convert it. Pictures would certainly help. Also, has anyone added a leg to support it when “parked”.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,993 Times in 2,950 Posts
    I made a stand for ours back in 1988. Nowadays some come with stands very similar to the one I made...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Img_3870_1.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	155.9 KB 
ID:	707634

A top link adapter may be what you need ...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	80717.jpg 
Views:	215 
Size:	8.1 KB 
ID:	707636
    PaDave and greenharley like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Gizmo2 For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (10-02-2019)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:22 PM
    Thanks
    Titan Attachments Landscape Rake Three Point Attachment | Optional Wheel Kit | Titan Ramps 5 foot rake with wheel kit for $586 and free shipping?

or

Titan Implements 5105 Titan 5100 Series ?

The Titan Attachments rake is reported to be iMatch compatible, and I know that their other 3-pt implements are. I don't know about the one from Titan Implements, but they advertise it as being "quick hitch compatible".

6. The Following User Says Thank You to MacCool For This Useful Post:

[email protected] (10-02-2019)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

8. Top | #4

Last Online
    Today @ 09:15 PM
    Thanks
    I have a similar if not the same rake I purchased from Agri Supply. I had to replace the single angle support with two pieces and space them to the outside to allow my top hook to engage.

I messed up early on and worked off one piece of equipment so my top hook doesn't connect at the standard cat1 height but I have all my equipment adapted to it so it's not an issue. It actually works out better for me on some equipment but that is another subject. My quick hitch is also the Agri Supply unit but I assume it's similar to the iMatch. It came from the store with the extended top hook that wasn't on the HF quick hitch.

The rake I have has torn the metal on the main beam a couple of times. Both the pivot and angle support areas have torn and had to be rewelded.
    I am not going to blame it on the rake because I have abused it and pulled heavy loads of brush and even logs with it. The last damage was the angle iron the tines are bolted to. It is a plain piece of 4" angle with no gussets and I eventually twisted it. When I replaced it I welded in gussets on the ends and every few sections of tines to strengthen it. I also replaced the pivot pin with a bolt and tightened it down to eliminate the slop on the pivot area. I can still remove the bolt and pivot the rake if I want but it requires tools now.

The Titan wheel kit fit right on my rake but the wheels were too close for my liking so when I had to replace the main angle piece I cut the tubes and put an extension in them. The tube ID on the wheel kit was 2" so a standard 2" radius corner tube fits right inside.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0760.JPG   IMG_0747.JPG  
    Last edited by Old Machinist; 10-02-2019 at 09:40 AM.
    John Deere 4310 tractor, New Holland 575E backhoe, John Deere F725 mower

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Old Machinist For This Useful Post:

130Oxbow (10-02-2019)

10. Top | #5

Last Online
    10-04-2019 @ 09:38 AM
    Thanks

Titan support feedback

I heard back from Titan support and they said their rake is NOT iMatch compatible, there would be interference with the top hitch hook. It looks like some serious re-engineering would be required. Too bad. I certainly liked the price of their rake.
    greenharley likes this.

11. Top | #6
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:39 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,993 Times in 2,950 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I heard back from Titan support and they said their rake is NOT iMatch compatible, there would be interference with the top hitch hook. It looks like some serious re-engineering would be required. Too bad. I certainly liked the price of their rake.
    Under $20↓↓↓ I use this on our rake

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    A top link adapter may be what you need ...

jgayman, PaDave, BigJim55 and 3 others like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:46 PM
    Thanks
    Keith, do you have a wheel kit for yours also?
    Gizmo2 and greenharley like this.
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

13. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,548 Posts
    Is this Titan Attachments, or Titan Implements?

Two different companies. One actually makes things in Tennessee and one is located in Tennessee but imports everything from China.
    Gizmo2 and wentonbrown like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

14. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:59 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,082 Times in 2,548 Posts
    Yes but what if the lower pin spacing is wrong too?
    Gizmo2 likes this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

15. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:50 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Once you understand how the iMatch and all quick hitches work it is pretty easy to tell just by looking if it is going to work. Variations in dimensions aside, as long as there is nothing to interfere with the iMatch top-hook raising up from underneath and grabbing onto the cross pin, it should work ok.

The implements that typically have the most problems are the ones constructed with L-channel and flat bar. Due to the weak nature of these materials the manufacturer will typically weld in a brace under the top-pin area and this will interfere with the iMatch top-hook grabbing on.

Below are some examples. You can see the cross bracing and how it interferes with the area under the top pin. In one example the manufacturer placed a single diagonal top brace right in the middle of the upper pin. There is a photo showing how someone fixed this issue by replacing the single diagonal brace with two braces, one on each side of the pin. This keeps the area clear for the iMatch top-hook.

The majority of the quick hitch issues with modern implements is due to cross bracing in the top-link area.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QH4.jpg   QH3.jpg   QH2.jpg   QH1.jpg  
    Last edited by jgayman; 10-02-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    Gizmo2 and USAFRet like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

16. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast