• 1 Post By jgayman

Thread: 2025r quick hitch BLV10680

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-10-2019 @ 05:20 PM
    Thanks

2025r quick hitch BLV10680

hello.
    I'm new to the tractor field, just purchased my first tractor in May. went with the 2025r for the higher and wider stance, also the slight extra loader capacity.

my question is with the front quick hitch, which Im noticing even dealers are having a hard time explaining it.
    I got my hands on part BLV10680 which is the front attaching bracket. (picture 1) I have no idea on how to install this I have all sorts of parts with it and can't find any instructions or manuals anywhere online.

if someone can also explain other parts I might need for the front quick hitch that would be great. there seems to be so much on the front for capatibily reasons which is great but knowing what goes with what is a nightmare
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_3380.jpeg  

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    If you purchased the hitch from a dealer they should be able to print out the installation instructions for you. Below is the exploded parts view which may be some help in determining where the various brackets go.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails BLV10680.jpg  
    raco232 and kylew like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Thanks
    The 2 silver things are shims. If needed, they go on the outside of the large main bracket #4 (either side), and are held on by a bolt & nut. Size is M8 I think. My QH came with 3, but I only needed to use 1. They shim between bracket #4 and bracket #6.

Bracket #6 on my 1025R gets mounted inside the frame. The 2 bolts holding the grill guard get replaced with longer ones and go through the front 2 holes of bracket #6. The rear 2 holes of bracket #6 get longer bolts also, and the bolts also go through the front draft arm brackets for the mower deck. That's how mine is set up. Your 2025 is probably similar, but I haven't seen one up close, and your tool box in the photo blocks the view. Also, not sure if the tool box stays or has to come off.

Bracket #5 gets bolted to the front of the frame. You have 4 holes in the front there. Line up the bracket to the holes, probably the top 2. The Quick Hitch itself has a pin that will lay in there.

Not much, but a little help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_200758.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	708224
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:55 AM
    Beautiful beaches, moderated summer heat and lake effect snows. Right where I want to be.
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,430 Posts
    It's really not that different than the hitch on the 1025r as they share many of the same pieces.

The parts diagrams are always great exploded illustrations of the pieces and I find them helpful.

As if typically the case, assemble the pieces "finger tight' until you get everything in place to help with lining up and getting the bolt holes and spacers to line up.

Quite a few new tractor owners getting a jump on the "winter preparedness". I think this is the 3rd or 4th new thread from new members on this topic I have seen over the last 24 hours.

JeffV4, are you using the front plow or the blower or both? Which size of the implement did you purchase?
    raco232 and kylew like this.

1025R with Mauser Cab
    (10/2017)/ 120R FEL / RC2048 Mower / All of Ken's Bolt on Products / 60" HD Front Broom / 3 pt 45 Gallon Boom less Sprayer / CA2068 Core Aerator / I-Match / 54" Snow Plow w/ angling Quick Attach / Frontier 3 Pt Sprayer / Pallet Forks / 8 -42# Weights

John Deere 455 (New in 9/1996) / MC519 Cart /60" MMM /47" Snow Thrower / 7'3" snow plow / Quick Hitch /
    4 -42# Weights / JD#10 Cart

ExMark Lazer Z w/60" Deck , Billy Goat Blower , Full Stable of Echo Products

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by jgayman View Post
    If you purchased the hitch from a dealer they should be able to print out the installation instructions for you. Below is the exploded parts view which may be some help in determining where the various brackets go.
    So I didn’t get it from the dealer. Just found it online For $100 and was told you’ll need this for any quick hitch.

Quote Originally Posted by kylew View Post
    The 2 silver things are shims. If needed, they go on the outside of the large main bracket #4 (either side), and are held on by a bolt & nut. Size is M8 I think. My QH came with 3, but I only needed to use 1. They shim between bracket #4 and bracket #6.

Not much, but a little help.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20191006_200758.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	250.7 KB 
ID:	708224
    Not much help??? This is tremendous help. Thanks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by SulleyBear View Post

JeffV4, are you using the front plow or the blower or both? Which size of the implement did you purchase?
    I don’t have any implement yet. I will have a snowblower, blade and broom eventually. As for now I think I’m going to start with the blade. Just trying to figure out what matches up with what.

And thanks everyone. I’ve been searching everywhere for help online and at dealers and over night I’ve got the most help from this site.
    Thanks again.

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    One last question.

When I slide the main bracket assembky in the slots on the back. Is there supposed to be a rod the slides through it all to hold it up or is that a piece that comes with other parts like the quick hitch itself.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 03:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,660 Times in 1,257 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffv4 View Post
    One last question.

When I slide the main bracket assembky in the slots on the back. Is there supposed to be a rod the slides through it all to hold it up or is that a piece that comes with other parts like the quick hitch itself.
    As strange as it seems, the rod that hold the quick hitch adapter up appears to be included with the Quik-Tatch assembly (see item in yellow).

I still can't figure out what those triangular side plates are for.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2025R_rod.jpg  
    Last edited by jgayman; 10-07-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    kylew likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 11:22 AM
    Thanks
    Correct, the rod comes with the Quick Hitch itself and not the adapter bracket kit. Silly isn't it? You can't finish installing the adapter without that rod.

I don't know what the triangle brackets are for either. I thought it was something different between the 1025 and the 2025. Maybe they're for a different model tractor?
    🌠Back in my day we had 9 planets🌠

2014 1025R TLB
    60D AutoConnect Mower●H120 Loader●260 Backhoe●BB2048 Box Blade●RB2060L Back Blade●RC2048 Rotary Cutter●JD 60" Quick Hitch Plow Blade●Ken's Bolt-on Hooks●Ken's Diff Pedal●Ken's I-Match Hook●Ken's Backhoe Steps●Titan 42" Forks w/Headache Rack●Titan Ballast Box●Titan Toothbar w/23WTL Tiger Teeth●3" Edge Tamers●BXpanded 6" Bucket, Ripper & Bucket Quick Change●This & That Mods●Other Stuff I Forgot About●

The Mrs. has 2014 X360

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements