Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree11Likes

Thread: X758 and Patís Easy Change System

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Thanks

X758 and Patís Easy Change System

I have an X758 with 3PH and just became aware of Patís Easy Change System. I was originally toying with the idea of iMatch but Iím having a hard time with JDís price gouging. Patís looks interesting as there is less steel hanging off the arms with that system and it is less than half the cost of iMatch (I know I can get a ďknock offĒ quick hitch at Tractor Supply or Rural King but Iím not a fan of the build quality I have seen with those...). Does anyone have experience (positive or negative) with Patís Easy Change System?
    KHodges likes this.
    X758 (Delivered 2/13/19)
    X300 (Sold 2/7/19)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:24 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDNitz View Post
    I have an X758 with 3PH and just became aware of Pat’s Easy Change System. I was originally toying with the idea of iMatch but I’m having a hard time with JD’s price gouging. Pat’s looks interesting as there is less steel hanging off the arms with that system and it is less than half the cost of iMatch (I know I can get a “knock off” quick hitch at Tractor Supply or Rural King but I’m not a fan of the build quality I have seen with those...). Does anyone have experience (positive or negative) with Pat’s Easy Change System?
    Well You still have to pin the Middle Link for attachments with Pat's Have You considered another Brands quick Hitch Because Ken Make's a wide Hook for the Middle of several of the Less expensive quick Hitches that will allow you to Lift Up all different attachments easier and May Not run into trouble https://www.harborfreight.com/3-poin...nce-97214.html & Quick Hitch Adapter To Convert Category 1 And 2 Tractor 3 Point Hitch Connection Green Because they are so Many Brands out there That will work besides Deere
    Last edited by Sergeant; 11-29-2019 at 01:13 PM.
    Gizmo2 and KDNitz like this.
    John Deere Models: 2025RTLB(Gen 2),X748,GX335,140H3,112SF,110RF,Sabre 1542,XUV 835M
    Cub Cadet Models:0riginal,70,106,XT3GSX & Experimental Non Production Rear engine rider
    Ingersoll Model:3016PS
    Simplicity Models:Wonder Boy
    White Model: GT2055

MSGT 11 & 18 Series Retired

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 07:40 AM
    Thanks
    I have Pats on my 2025r. I like them. It getting stuff in the lower arm holes that is tough. Pats fixes that. It takes a little patience installing them, there is 4 bolts that you have to play with to get them leveled. It also pushes implements a little further back which might be good or bad depending on the implement.
    KDNitz likes this.
    2018 2025r, FEL, 60" autoconnect deck, pallet forks, some other stuff.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    11-29-2019 @ 02:07 PM
    Thanks

I like the Pat's Hitch

I like them a lot. They extend the reach 4". I needed a new top link. The optional stabilizer bar between the lower arms is very handy. Keeps the hooks spaced correctly for all my implements.
    My implements are older and from different MFG. The top link attachment is different on every one.
    KDNitz likes this.
    TIM
    2018 X758
    2005 KUBOTA B7610: LA352 Loader,PAT'S Quick Change, 5' Front Blade, 5' Rear Blade, 5' Meteor 3pt. Blower, 6" Auger, Wallenstein BX42 Chipper, Titan Ballast Box
    2015 KUBOTA KX018: Thumb + 9", 18" & 24" Buckets
    2017 KUBOTA RTV500
    2006 Kawasaki 650i ATV

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:33 PM
    Thanks
    I have the HF Quick Hitch on a X585 which is pretty much the same machine as a X7xx.

The only issue I have had with the HF is with my Heavy Hitch. The problem was that the way the top hook bolts on to the QH interfered with the spot that the HH needed the hook. It would hit on the two bolts used to adjust the hook. Later on Ken came out with a new top hook that might solve that issue. I solved it by finding the placement I needed that was a happy medium between the box blade and HH. It took a bit of adjustment on the part of the box blade. Then I cut the bolts down so they were flush and welded them in place.

Since I have no need to adjust the top hook this worked fine for me. If I had more attachments that I used where I had to move the top hook, then this wouldn't have been an option.

As for the comment about the Pat's Easy Change System moving the attachment back about 4". Well initially when I read that I was thinking that for a smaller machine like the X, moving it back even more would be kind of a pain. However, then I thought about how it works with my QH and that of any other one out there no matter if a HF, Titan or iMatch.

The dog needed to go out and I was curious so I measured. The center of the pin that mounts the QH to the 3PT arms to the center of the adapters on my HH was 4.5". I can't speak for the others but on the Harbor Freight QH, it moves the attachment back 4.5"

As far as build quality. Everyone has their own opinion on this stuff. Here are my thoughts...

Do I have a lot of Northern Tool, Harbor Freight or other "cheap" tools? I would say no. Yes I have a few things but they are more typically an odd tool where I don't need a lot of precision or quality. If I break it, I don't care, it is a situation where it was a job that can wait, isn't critical or is rarely done. Most my wrenches and tools that get used a lot are going to be a mix of Craftsman and Snap-on. The stuff I buy at places like this are shop towels, microfiber towels, a test light, inspection mirrors and magnetic parts trays. Oh and my Quick Hitch. The fact is that with a small tractor like a X585 in my case with a 25HP Kawasaki and 4WD, there is simply no way I am going to break a CAT 1 Hitch that is rated for a machine up to 45HP? I don't see how that is possible. Now if I had a much larger 3 Series, I might look at it differently but the simple fact is that being I own one and through using it for several years, I can tell that there is no way I am going to break it, not with my tractor. It is too basic of a component.
    Gizmo2 and KDNitz like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Thanks
    I have Pats on 2 of my tractors now, love them.

Its a great system especially if you have older or multi brand equipment.

They dont push your eq out as far as a quick hitch at least the one I have also there is less weight on the 3 point.

Down side, you have to hook up your top link and some attachments require a longer top link.

Out of 17 pieces of 3 point eq the only thing I have that I put a longer top link on is my box blade and tiller.
    KDNitz likes this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:47 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KDNitz View Post
    I have an X758 with 3PH and just became aware of Patís Easy Change System. I was originally toying with the idea of iMatch but Iím having a hard time with JDís price gouging. Patís looks interesting as there is less steel hanging off the arms with that system and it is less than half the cost of iMatch (I know I can get a ďknock offĒ quick hitch at Tractor Supply or Rural King but Iím not a fan of the build quality I have seen with those...). Does anyone have experience (positive or negative) with Patís Easy Change System?
    I just installed Pat's Easy Change on my 2520. Easy to mount, solidly made and works as advertised. If you have the factory 3-point on your X758, you'll probably have to get a new top link. The one I had on my X748's 3-point was cat 0 on the tractor end and Cat 1 on the implement end, and I doubt it would extend far enough to account for the extra 4 inches that Pat's moves the lower pins back. The rearward movement of your lower pins will decrease the maximum weight your lift will pick up (longer lever arm), so a heavy tiller or brush hog may be an issue. It would have to be in the 400+ pound range to be a problem, I think.

If you order one, be sure to get the stabilizer bar. It holds the arms the correct distance apart so the implement pins match up to your lift arms. That's all it does, you remove it once the implement is attached.
    Click image for larger version.†

Name:	DSC01001.JPG†
Views:	5†
Size:	1.84 MB†
ID:	715982
    KDNitz likes this.
    My herd:
    2009 2520 FEL, 62D2 deck and various implements
    2002 GT235 46C deck
    1986 214 46" deck
    1986 212 38" deck
    1984 318 50" deck
    2008 X748SE gone but not forgotten

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-29-2019 @ 08:05 PM
    Thanks
    I had the Harbor Freight version of the quick hitch. Honestly, it was pretty good. I used it on my old Ford NAA and then on my new John Deere 3320 for a few months. I then bought Pat's Quick Hitch system and I love it. I've had it 7 years now. It doesn't push your implements out very far. It is less bulky than those John Deere hitch systems by far. It fits on everything I have attached with no problems. I wouldn't use anything else except Pat's system.
    KDNitz likes this.
    - Mike - 2012 John Deere 3320 eHydro with cab, 300cx loader

John Deere 6' 6" 3 point snow blower, Frontier 48" pallet forks, King Kutter 5' box blade, 6' back blade, 5' rake, 5' tiller, and 5' brush hog, Northstar log splitter, Chief 22 gpm PTO pump, 8'6" hydraulic V-Plow, BXpanded 72" Piranha toothbar.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:32 PM
    Thanks
    The JD Imatch is the way to go, but JD's pricing is a bit out of line. I bought my "Imatch compatible" from Tractor supply and am very happy with the quality. Equal to JD for half the price. Plus it came with a top hook that eliminates the issues people have with similar products from Harbor Freight, etc.. I tried the Pat's hitch product and quickly found they were less versatile than a quality Imatch product. In one case I actually had to remove them to handle an aerator I own. That same aerator has since been modified and it works perfectly with my "clone Imatch". Nope, no Pat's for me.
    KDNitz likes this.
    JD X738
    48" deck, 3pt hitch, 54" blade w/ full hydraulics, quick attach
    48" York rake, 56" box blade, mid row buster, dethatcher, 48" 3pt aerator, 900lb roller, Imatch
    Various Heavy Hitch adapters, ball hitch, hook, 2" sleeve hitch, etc..
    3200lb. hitch mounted winch
    Polar 1700 3/4 ton cart with side rails
    Power King 5" 15HP towable chipper

Kubota G2000S w/ 4w steering, hydraulics, 60" deck

Gone but not forgotten;
    Ford 4000
    Craftsman GT18
    JD X580

Vietnam Veteran

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:55 PM
    Thanks
    Thanks for the input guys! Like I said, I just recently read about that product from Peteís and knew somone at GTT could give some feedback. Interesting alternative to iMatch... Does John Deere actually manufacture the iMatch or do they sub it out to a third party?
    X758 (Delivered 2/13/19)
    X300 (Sold 2/7/19)

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast