Help Needed - 2520 Grill Guard

Thread: Help Needed - 2520 Grill Guard

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    11-13-2019 @ 09:30 AM
    Thanks

Help Needed - 2520 Grill Guard

Gentlemen,

I am looking for some assistance here in regards to the grill guard on our 2011 2520.

Problem - With the recent addition of a toolbox behind the seat, I have been using it to store my chain, Kubota tow strap and misc tools. The problem arises when I remove the chain which is generally at the bottom of the toolbox, the tools want to come out with it or when I replace the chain, the tools are at the bottom and a pain to get at with the chain on top.

Potential Solution - Attach an ammo can to the front weight bracket for storing the chain and tow strap only. Leaving ample room for accessibility to the tools.

Next Problem - When I went to size up an ammo can that would fit within the space needed (not to intefere with the FEL stand and the grill guard) I noted that the grill guard will not go to the full horizontal position and I need for it to go further in order to open the ammo can. From looking at some pics of our 2320, it would appear this grill guard is different than what we had before, which opened fully.

I was hoping someone wouldn't mind taking a few pics (of one that opens fully) for me so I can better understand what kinds of mods I would have to make to my grill guard. And/or suggest what has to be done on my current model in order for it to open further. My initial thought would be to cut back the flat pieces on each side back about 1/4 (item circled in first picture)

Thank you in advance for any help or insight,

lost
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1215 mod.JPG   IMG_1216.JPG   IMG_1217.JPG   2320 w Ballast II.jpg  
    2011 JD 2520, 200CX FEL, iMatch Quick Hitch, 48" JD Box Scraper, 54" JD FM Snowblower, Artillian 36" Forks w/Backrest, Frontier PHD200, Woods RM59 Finish Mower & Heavy Hitch

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    12-02-2015 @ 05:08 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in wisconsin View Post
    Problem - With the recent addition of a toolbox behind the seat, I have been using it to store my chain, Kubota tow strap and misc tools. The problem arises when I remove the chain which is generally at the bottom of the toolbox, the tools want to come out with it or when I replace the chain, the tools are at the bottom and a pain to get at with the chain on top.
    Since everything fits in your toolbox, can you not simply find a way to separate your tools from chain?

Maybe:
    - store your chain in a bag.
    - or on a lift out tray on top.
    - or tools in the tray and chain on bottom.
    - or vertical divider. Tools on one side, chain on the other.
    Darrell

2010 JD2320, 200CX, 53" Bucket, 54" QH SnowBlower, iMatch, Ballast Box, LR1072, RC2048, GM3060, 647 Tiller, SS1023B

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 09:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lost in wisconsin View Post
    I was hoping someone wouldn't mind taking a few pics (of one that opens fully) for me so I can better understand what kinds of mods I would have to make to my grill guard. And/or suggest what has to be done on my current model in order for it to open further. My initial thought would be to cut back the flat pieces on each side back about 1/4 (item circled in first picture)

Thank you in advance for any help or insight,

lost
    As far as photos I don't think anyone will be able to help as I am pretty sure all 2520 grill guards are make this way. It is made so you don't bang your hood on the way up or the blower on the way down. The ony way is if someone has already made this mod. I think you are on the right track for the mod. though.

I did what Dmay suggests and made a vertical divider.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements