New Toy! (Wood Chipper)
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Toy! (Wood Chipper)

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-30-2014 @ 07:12 PM
    Thanks

New Toy! (Wood Chipper)

Scored a new toy last night. Bear Cat PTO wood chipper (77454). Haven't tried it yet as i have to sort out an iMatch issue and need a new PTO shaft but i had to share. :beer:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02191.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	117.8 KB 
ID:	310 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC02192.jpg 
Views:	15 
Size:	60.1 KB 
ID:	311

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-05-2014 @ 02:22 PM
    Thanks
    Sweet! I am in process of makeing a winter project out of a chipper. Is that used or new? Looks new.

Brian

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    Is that used or new? Looks new.
    Used but, the pulleys still have paint on them. Ive seen more use on a dealers lot! I think i scored on this buy. The seller ended up with it as a package when they got their machine which was bought as a result of a messy divorce (at least that's what i was told). So technically it is 3rd hand now but it just sat around the entire time.

To add on my iMatch issue, this should be an easy one. The top link hook doesn't have enough clearance to engage. I haven't measured if the pins are the correct distance apart but its close if its not. A cutting wheel should take care of that.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSC02196.jpg  

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    01-12-2011 @ 11:20 AM
    Thanks
    Nice Chipper. I want one! How much are good chippers new. I only have 15 or so acres of trees...... I would like to clean up the mess a bit.....
    John Wayne, Jonny Cash & John Deere

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    10-06-2017 @ 11:32 AM
    Thanks
    Nice new toy indeed! I too got a new toy(s) today. A New troy bilt 27 ton log splitter and a new 235 Husqvarna chain saw. These will go along nicely with my Troy Bilt Tomohawk chipper. :D Congrats on the new Bear Cat chipper! That is one nice unit and it looks like you will get a LOT of hours out of that piece of equippment.

(with the "cheers" symbol, that isnt beer in the cups, its rootbeer.:D)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10-1-10 098.JPG  
    2004 John Deere 317
    66" bucket, forks, imatch adapter plate, Bobcat 72" Landplane, 60" 4 in 1 tooth bucket
    2005 John Deere L118
    42" deck, bagger
    2004 Bobcat 430
    4 buckets, brush rake, ripper, concrete breaker

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Johndeere3720 View Post
    Nice new toy indeed! I too got a new toy(s) today. A New troy bilt 27 ton log splitter and a new 235 Husqvarna chain saw. These will go along nicely with my Troy Bilt Tomohawk chipper. :D Congrats on the new Bear Cat chipper! That is one nice unit and it looks like you will get a LOT of hours out of that piece of equippment.

(with the "cheers" symbol, that isnt beer in the cups, its rootbeer.:D)
    Thanks, nice splitter! A log splitter is on my want list but most of my land is pine and i don't burn wood, for heat only outdoor fires so i question if it is worth the investment at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by FordGuy View Post
    Nice Chipper. I want one! How much are good chippers new. I only have 15 or so acres of trees...... I would like to clean up the mess a bit.....
    The Chinese Jimnas can be had for $1800 on CL (importer in my state). Many people like those but they require a little work before they work properly. The one i have is about $2500 new, (i paid $1700 btw). The majority of "good" units tend to be in the $2500-$3500 range and naturally prices jump quickly when you get into hydraulic feed units.

Only 15 acres of trees? i have 1.5 acres of trees. Overkill, maybe but what to do with all the green branches and the free time to burn them was always an issue, thus the chipper

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Follow up for you iMatch users and future searchers. When the area where the top link is cut back to give proper clearance for the hook, all spacing is correct so you can use it with your iMatch very easily. All it took me was 10 minutes with a cutting wheel. Also, these chippers have a 1" shaft with 1/4" key-way for power input.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    04-12-2011 @ 12:56 PM
    Thanks
    Nice chipper! I'm used to bigger Vermeer units, but for what you got planned for it, its more then enough, I wouldnt call it overkill!
    One question...I'm not familiar with smaller units, but wheres the chute? Is it a ground dump model like the troy-bilt ones at Home Depot?

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MeanGreen View Post
    Nice chipper! I'm used to bigger Vermeer units, but for what you got planned for it, its more then enough, I wouldnt call it overkill!
    One question...I'm not familiar with smaller units, but wheres the chute? Is it a ground dump model like the troy-bilt ones at Home Depot?
    The model I have is ground dump but the shoot is available as an option. I want to use the chipper a bit to see if its a long term investment or a stepping stone to another unit but if I keep it i see myself buying the shoot.

Your right, i should have worded my statement differently... To SOME it is overkill, for the shear fact that i have a 3pt chipper as one of the home depot models would likely also "do the job".

Used it last week BTW, works great.. chipped a few pines up to about 2" in diameter, tractor didn't even seem to notice (22 PTO hp).

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    04-12-2011 @ 12:56 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    Used it last week BTW, works great.. chipped a few pines up to about 2" in diameter, tractor didn't even seem to notice (22 PTO hp).
    Hearing that, it seems like "self feed" does work as advertised? Not having experience with a self feeder, I've always wondered how self feeders really worked.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast