Green Tractor Talk banner

647 vs 655 tiller

6K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  cmoore 
#1 ·
I am getting a tiller next spring and was thinking of the 655 on a 2305. I have used a 647 quite a bit (what a horse). I will be tilling all kinds of soils like virgin ground, clay, rocky, and old gardens. Does anyone have this setup? I am more worried about the strain on the tractor than anything else. Deere says the 655 is compatible with the 2305 and I think there is only 10" difference, or 5" per side if you want to look at it that way. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks cmoore

#2 ·
You should be fine with this set up. I am finding Deere's recommendations to be right in line with tractor capabilities and suggested attachments. You will find that the 2305 is a work horse and these tractors like to work hard. Just make certain you have a well adjusted slip clutch in the drivetrain and you will be good to go.

Reactions: cmoore
#3 ·
I have been happy with my 2320/647. I like that the outside width is just less than my 53" bucket so tilling in close quarters I know if my bucket fits by, the tiller will fit. Saves a lot of looking backwards when driving forward besides obstacles.

#4 ·
I like green paint as much as the next guy but when it comes to quality attachments at good prices I suggest you look into the "Quick Attach" company also known as "Ershkine". I use there products on my skid steers and they hold up better than the green stuff... they have products for Skid steers . Compact tractors and ATV's.............Check them out. Thery make and stand behind some of the best attachments in the business. I personally own one of their tillers and the unit is top quality.

#5 ·
Pafarmer, I looked at quick attach and I didn't see anything for the smaller horse power tractors, but they have really neat implements. Makes me want something with more power so I could have some of those neat attachments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.