Like Tree39Likes

Thread: small grapple

1. Top | #1
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

small grapple

Found this tonight very interesting Grapple for Deere X series & 4xx tractors
    BigJim55 and eric102 like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:49 PM
    Thanks
    Interesting. I wonder why he lists them as for the for the large garden tractors but not for CUTs. The grapple mounts to an existing quickhitch so... I'd think it should work on CUTs too then.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Banned
    Last Online
    Thanks

grapple

Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Interesting. I wonder why he lists them as for the for the large garden tractors but not for CUTs. The grapple mounts to an existing quickhitch so... I'd think it should work on CUTs too then.
    I agree with you If he uses the pivot bolt to mount them will work on any quickhitch. I also found that if you have the larger A frame and the smaller mount you only have to grind a 1/4 inch off each side of the mounting tube and they will interchange with no problem. Or use washers to shim to the larger mount either way they will interchange.
    BigJim55 likes this.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:20 PM
    Thanks
    He should have made them so they fit the 45 loader and some of the older loaders JD made for the Garden Tractors. I would think the lift height with the quick hitch is going to limit the usefulness of this. Neat idea though. I wonder if it can be modified to fit the hitch for 54 plow that mounts on a 400...
    sterling40man, Levi and BigJim55 like this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    01-01-2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    EDIT:

Nevermind, I just saw the lift capacity is 250lbs. Yeah, that's completely useless.
    Last edited by williaty; 12-18-2015 at 02:04 AM.
    Levi and BigJim55 like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,431 Times in 1,124 Posts
    I think that's neat. now if I didn't already own my 2series jd, and only the x475 I would probably try one-but not with having my other tractor.
    Levi and JustChris like this.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    02-24-2017 @ 04:27 PM
    Where the Deere and the antelope... pay MA taxes
    Thanks
    Should name it the Ankle Biter.
    Last edited by JustChris; 12-18-2015 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Added smiley...can't forget that!
    3720 Cab | 300CX FEL | 375 BH | Frontier AF11E-72 | and lots of Artillian Attachments

10. Top | #8
    Banned
    Last Online
    Thanks

Grapp;e

It will mount to any Quick attach front for any JD using one. The mount for the blade broom and blower are the same only the hitch mounting and the adapters change for the tractors of choice. O know will fit my 318 and my 4100
    BigJim55 likes this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    01-27-2017 @ 12:57 PM
    Thanks

Inventor of this grapple

Hello guys, I am the inventor of the grapple in discussion and wanted to jump into the discussion if I may. Tony, thanks for getting this started and I enjoyed speaking with you the other day. As has been stated, the grapple fits all of the quick hitches starting with the 425 series and pretty much everything after that. I will have brackets available soon that will allow some of the older tractors (318, 400, etc....) to use the newer style quick hitch and therefore my grapple as well. The lift capacity is more than 250 lb, however, I stated 250 lbs because the quick hitches are made by John Deere and they rate their tractor shovel at 200 lbs lift capacity. Since my grapple weighs at least 50 lbs less than the front blade with the shovel on it, I went with 250 lbs to be safe. I will likely raise that in the future but I don't want to overstate it. I'll say this, it lifts as much as you would probably want to lift for the size tractors this fits. It is not meant to replace a loader style grapple but rather provide the many quick hitch owners out there a fairly inexpensive way to use their hitch year round and expand its usefulness. I can post a video link of my prototype if you guys would allow me to, but I have to warn you, the Deere quick hitch I have is now mounted to my Kubota BX1850 (Sorry!!). I had a neighbor practically give it to me and I needed a loader at the time (which it came with). So I made a bracket to allow it to use my Deere quick hitch. I will have another Deere soon I promise. I will try to answer questions as often as I can if you have any, but it may be a day or two between my logging in due to my holiday schedule.

I will have video of it on a Deere available soon too!

Thanks,
    Mark
    Innovative Tractor Attachments LLC
    Levi likes this.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MF7346 For This Useful Post:

Levi (12-18-2015)

13. Top | #10

Last Online
    01-01-2019 @ 11:58 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by MF7346 View Post
    The lift capacity is more than 250 lb, however, I stated 250 lbs because the quick hitches are made by John Deere and they rate their tractor shovel at 200 lbs lift capacity. Since my grapple weighs at least 50 lbs less than the front blade with the shovel on it, I went with 250 lbs to be safe. I will likely raise that in the future but I don't want to overstate it. I'll say this, it lifts as much as you would probably want to lift for the size tractors this fits.
    This will fit my 1023e and I frequently lift logs in the 800-1,000lb range with the H120 FEL in order to get them onto the trailer and to pick them off the ground for bucking, so the tractor will do fine lifting quite a lot of weight. If your grapple could get even into the 600+ pound lift range, I would be very interested. At 250lbs, or even something near that, the logs it would be limited to are simply too small.

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast