Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RSouth

Thread: X320 /X500 48" snow plow question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    12-23-2015 @ 09:07 PM
    Thanks

X320 /X500 48" snow plow question

I have a 2008 X320 and have a opportunity to buy a X500 48" snow plow that is complete with life and blade adjust kit.

This unit was used on a X300 but the owner upgraded to a much larger tractor and had kept the snow blade. Being it was installed and used on the X300, I'm thinking of buying it to install and use on my X320. I have talked with my local JD dealer and as suggested in the manual it's not advised to use the 48" blade on the X320 as it's designed for the 44" blade.
    Has anyone had experience with installing and using the 48" X500 snow blade on their X320?
    I'm very interested in learning as much as possible before I decide.

Thank you in advance for input, suggestions and ideas.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    10-28-2019 @ 04:36 PM
    Thanks
    I wouldn’t do it, a snow blower doesn’t put much stress on transaxle since you are only moving the blower, the blower is moving the snow. The reason why Deere recommends a 44 inch blade, less stress on transaxle. So while I’m sure you could make a 48 inch blade fit, I’d be real cautious using it too much. In Maryland not sure how much snow you have so you might be able to get away with it, just be careful if you decide to go that way. Don’t try to push too much snow with it

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Thanks
    Thank you for responding and for sharing your thoughts. I'm sure too it can be done but like you I'm a bit skeptical about any blade attachments with the X320. The more I read the more it seems it's not the best tractor for the blade set up being it's more a lawn tractor vs utility type tractor.

Thanks again...

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    Maid the final decision to pass on the plow after talking with local dealer and finally got straight talk about the X320.
    The X 320 has the same transaxle as the Home Depot and Lowes John Deere lawn tractors. I must say I'm disappointed in learning that news for what I paid for the X320. He said if I were lucky the transaxle would not fail quickly using any blade and seemed surprised mine has not failed already from normal use. Guess it's a weak transaxle overall.
    RandyM likes this.

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-02-2019 @ 07:20 PM
    Thanks
    I beat the hell out of mine for 9 years & never had a problem. It must be luck of the draw.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements