Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By JimR

Thread: OEM - Frontier manure spreader - current model

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    04-24-2016 @ 10:59 AM
    Thanks

OEM - Frontier manure spreader - current model

Pondering who is now making the Frontier ground wheel drive manure [horse] spreader?

The old company, Solarex I think it was spelled, does not make these any longer [at least not in their product catalog].

Reason for pondering, it would be easier to spread over field that has high grass, rather than with FEL, 4x8 dump wagon, and landscape rake.

No livestock here, but horse hotel a couple miles up the road is offering free samples - all you can haul & more.

Thought is to distribute over post-harvested veg/corn field, plant [drop spread] cover crop, plow/till in spring.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Today @ 09:09 AM
    Thanks
    Not sure who makes them. I'm kinda in the same boat. I have 2 local (within a half-mile) horse farms that will give me as much as I can haul away. I haven't looked in a bit but the last time I did the largest ground-driven model Frontier offered was about 50 cu. ft. so I was leaning towards a Millcreek model that was in the 75 cu. ft range.

I keep looking for used spreaders on Craigslist but the few that do show up always seem to be rotted out and in need of a complete rebuild.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements