Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree55Likes

Thread: I match bushing roll pins???

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    06-28-2016 @ 10:12 PM
    Thanks

I match bushing roll pins???

A friend of mine has the same tractor that I have(1025R) and would like to use a couple of my attachments from time to time. Everything I have is set up for my I match and he's to cheap to buy one for his tractor. My question is how difficult is it to pound out the roll pins which hold the bushings in place on the attachment. I banged one one last night for just a couple min. And it didn't budge. Thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:34 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puller738 View Post
    A friend of mine has the same tractor that I have(1025R) and would like to use a couple of my attachments from time to time. Everything I have is set up for my I match and he's to cheap to buy one for his tractor. My question is how difficult is it to pound out the roll pins which hold the bushings in place on the attachment. I banged one one last night for just a couple min. And it didn't budge. Thanks.
    I've had to do the same thing. Spray them with some PBlaster and they should come right out. It helps to use a roll pin punch.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts
    You'd be better off buying him a quick hitch.

But seriously, I'd think you are just asking for trouble banging out the pins every time he wants to borrow something. Also, the only thing that I can think of that has pinned bushings is my ballast box. The rest have sleeved bushings that can be easily removed. What are you knocking pins out of?
    Gizmo2, DRobinson, rtgt and 1 others like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:33 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,217 Times in 865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by puller738 View Post
    I wouldn't bang out the roll pins for a cheap neighbor.

Harbor Freight QH is what, $100!

If he is that cheap he can go buy his own implements.

Maybe he can find a good box blade for less than a quick hitch.

Just my .02 (adjusted for inflation).
    Now THAT is cheap!
    RandyM, Gizmo2, DRobinson and 1 others like this.
    Taking the easy way is what makes rivers and men crooked.

3039R, H160 FEL, 375A Backhoe, Artillian Grapple & Forks
    Z915E
    XUV560

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 01:29 PM
    Thanks
    They can be driven out. A properly sized punch, heavy enough hammer and supporting the pin so that it's "solid" all help. But if it were my attachments that were being borrowed, my friend would be doing the work to make them compatible to their need. Or you could loan the friend your Imatch too...
    Jim

1025R...H120 loader w/53" bucket, Piranha tooth bar and Ken's BOH, psrumors seat springs, Frontier AP12F w/42" forks, 60D mower w/autoconnect, Frontier 647 tiller, Frontier SB1164 w/hyd. chute rotation and deflector linear actuator, Frontier ballast box, 72" County Line landscape rake, Fimco 40 gal 3 pt hitch sprayer, Paumco fork spade.

Toro Z Master, 60" deck and DFS collection system

orange dirt bikes, Yamaha Stratoliner and '68 Dart GTS...

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RandyM View Post
    You'd be better off buying him a quick hitch.

But seriously, I'd think you are just asking for trouble banging out the pins every time he wants to borrow something. Also, the only thing that I can think of that has pinned bushings is my ballast box. The rest have sleeved bushings that can be easily removed. What are you knocking pins out of?
    All of my bushings are held on with roll pins.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bushings3.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	19.3 KB 
ID:	107217
    HydroHarold and Levi like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgt View Post
    I wouldn't bang out the roll pins for a cheap neighbor.

Harbor Freight QH is what, $100!

If he is that cheap he can go buy his own implements.
    I can appreciate the situation. My brother wanted to borrow my landscape rake and he has a much smaller tractor than I do and it has a Limited Cat1 hitch. I thought about just having him get the Harbor Freight QH but as we all know, not all quick hitches are exactly the same. So I compared the time spent simply tapping out the roll pins vs. the time spent going to purchase a quick hitch and then getting it fitted to his tractor and working with my implement and the roll pins won out.

It literally took all of 5-mins to tap out the roll pins.

It's not something I would want to do every day but it happens. :-)
    Gizmo2, rtgt and Levi like this.

10. Top | #8
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Bushings

Wondering I know I had some strange ideas at times. But my I match has some play in the bushing length on the inside. Being that the adapters have the enlarged end on the outside to kee the implement in place. I am thinking why not use a bushing and weld a large washer on the ned with a hole to slide over the implement pin. Place that on the implement and then mount to the I match. O see no reason why would not work in a pinch if the clearance is there. Your only making the implement pin larger to hold under the I match lock and to keep it in place vertically to stay on the hook. The slide play could be eliminated by washers. All the roll pins do is keep the adapter in place anyway. Or even weld a washer to the inside of the adapter maybe to hold on to the pin. Any thoughts??
    Last edited by TonyBMI; 12-30-2015 at 09:05 AM.

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:24 PM
    Thanks
    I have the HF Quick Hitch as well. It isn't perfect but it works for my needs and the price was right. While it is true that they have to be set up which takes time and many time they need to be modified slightly, once done you don't have to mess with them anymore.
    Gizmo2, rtgt and Levi like this.

JD Z950R 60" Deck with DFS Collection System

JD X585, 54C deck,
    CTC Model X4750 F.E.L - Modified Imp Pressure Relief from 900 to 1175PSI, Power Flow and MC519 cart, 54-inch Quick-Hitch Front Blade, 47-inch Quick-Hitch Snow Blower, 3-pt hitch, HF Quick Hitch, Heavy Hitch, 48" box blade/rear blade, Dethacher, 3pt Sprayer

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBMI View Post
    Wondering I know I had some strange ideas at times. But my I match has some play in the bushing length on the inside. Being that the adapters have the enlarged end on the outside to kee the implement in place. I am thinking why not use a bushing and weld a large washer on the ned with a hole to slide over the implement pin. Place that on the implement and then mount to the I match. O see no reason why would not work in a pinch if the clearance is there. Your only making the implement pin larger to hold under the I match lock and to keep it in place vertically to stay on the hook. The slide play could be eliminated by washers. Any thoughts??
    What problem are you trying to solve?

I don't think any of us are advocating swapping bushings from implement to implement as you use them (although I have read posts from folks who do this). With $10 bushing sets available that just doesn't make sense.

The OP was dealing with a situation where someone without a QH wants to borrow an implement that has the bushings pinned on.

Not an ideal situation but it happens.
    Levi likes this.

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast