• 1 Post By pcabe5

Thread: FM 3012 Tri-Wing finish mower

1. Top | #1
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

FM 3012 Tri-Wing finish mower

Thinking about getting a FM 3012 tri-wing finish mower. Does anyone have one or have experience with one?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Mower

Tried out one of the JD models back in 2005. Was ok but nothing to rave about. Would not cut buck horn and tall dandelions. Needs at least and 30 horse plus tractor despite what they claim. Maybe have changed since but ended up with a Land pride. Did a whole lot better job cutting and a lot better look as well. No uncut high weeds. If you have a all grass area and almost flat your OK. Can not mow in the morning with damp grass where the Land pride was a lot better. Sorry but is how it was 10 years ago. Also they are not designed for speed. High rpm but only about half ground speed. Would rather have a self contained machine like a Toro grounds master whish we went to a few years later. But also costs a lot more. Does a a lot more as well.
    pcabe5 likes this.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by pcabe5 View Post
    Thinking about getting a FM 3012 tri-wing finish mower. Does anyone have one or have experience with one?

I would suggest you consider a Befco rear finish mower that is 3pt mounted such as the one I have. BEFCO - Products - Finishing Mowers - Cyclone C70

The cut is 110 inches (9ft 2 inches), which is only slightly smaller than the FM 3012, but is less than half the price and much more maneuverable. It is cat 1 and weighs 1500 lbs. Very heavy duty. I have used this mower all season and love it. It also has swinging blades to help protect it. The only downside could be if you have very uneven ground, then the tri-wing might work better. I run it behind my 4066R and can mow 4-5 acres in 30 minutes running at max speed in B range (9 MPH). I have a 6ft brush hog, but do not use it. When I need to cut tall grass or weeds, even as tall as the hood on the tractor, I just wade right in with the Befco and it handles it just fine. I think the cut might not be as clean on the tall stuff as a brush hog, but if I slowed down, it probably would be. Another point is that it has an optional iMatch adapter that I ordered as I use the iMatch on my tractor.

Dave
    pcabe5 and lindsey97 like this.
    JD 4066R CAB
    JD H180 FEL with SSQA brackets, JD iMatch, JD Ballast Box & ext, JD pull behind seed spreader
    Frontier RB2196H 8 ft rear blade/hyd angle, Frontier BB1065 Box Blade, Befco 3pt 110 inch RFM
    48" pallet forks, KK 3pt Boom Pole, Northern Tool 3pt middle buster, 2 bottom Dearborn plow
    County Line post hole digger, Rhino 3pt 10ft brush hog, Land Pride 8ft rock rake
    Fit Rite Hydraulics 3pt Top Link, front 3pt adapter for SSQA, 7 1/2 ft Field Roller, 8ft Dearborn tandem disk

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ddinham For This Useful Post:

lindsey97 (04-21-2019)

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Official "Groovie" Dude
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyBMI View Post
    Also they are not designed for speed. High rpm but only about half ground speed.
    Something like this? He's flying.

https://youtu.be/Lvvhv7T2YNE
    johnH123 likes this.

8. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements