Model 59 blower on an x748???
Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Superglidesport
  • 2 Post By ggsteve

Thread: Model 59 blower on an x748???

  1. Top | #1

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    03-03-2017 @ 08:44 PM
    Location
    North Central MA
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Model 59 blower on an x748???

    Would it be possible to get a model 59 blower off of a Deere 755 onto an x748? If so, how difficult would it be and what hardware would be necessary?
    Deere Enthusiast

  2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  3. Top | #2
    Superglidesport's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:41 PM
    Location
    Littleton, MA
    Posts
    7,730
    Thanks
    697
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 996 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggsteve View Post
    Would it be possible to get a model 59 blower off of a Deere 755 onto an x748? If so, how difficult would it be and what hardware would be necessary?
    That's an awful lot of blower for an X748. 59" width and very heavy as well. You might be a little low on power and traction to move as much snow as that 59 can load. Especially the heavy wet stuff. I'm sure it could be hooked up and made to work but would tend to equate it with "eating with a shovel."
    BigJim55 likes this.
    John Deere 3320
    eHydro, R4's, 300CX Loader, 61" HD Bucket
    JD Tooth Bar, Deluxe Hood Guard, Ken's Bolt-on Hooks
    485 Backhoe w. 18" HD Bucket
    Mid-PTO, Front 3 Point Hitch, 366 Front Blade
    Tarter 5' 3PH Tiller
    Frontier AP12F Forks

    John Deere 2032R
    R3's, 220R Loader, 57" HD Bucket
    Curtis Hard Side Cab & Heater
    62D Deck, iMatch Quick Hitch
    54 Snowblower
    Super HeavyHitch
    Little Wonder "Optimax" & JRCO Blower Buggy
    Fimco 60 Gallon 3PH Boomless Sprayer w. PTO Pump

  4. Top | #3

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    03-03-2017 @ 08:44 PM
    Location
    North Central MA
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superglidesport View Post
    That's an awful lot of blower for an X748. 59" width and very heavy as well. You might be a little low on power and traction to move as much snow as that 59 can load. Especially the heavy wet stuff. I'm sure it could be hooked up and made to work but would tend to equate it with "eating with a shovel."
    Thanks for the opinion. I am not exactly sure of the model. Poor CL ad. Fuzzy picture of what is said to be a 48" blower off of a 755. I may contact the seller for more info.
    Deere Enthusiast

  5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

  6. Top | #4
    Corndog Hater ColonyPark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:18 AM
    Location
    WNY
    Posts
    10,802
    Thanks
    3,661
    Thanked 1,169 Times in 988 Posts
    I was just contemplating a bigger blower than my 47" today as I walked down to the barn looking at my little used 1026R. I was thinking more along the lines of a cab, 3 series and 59" blower though🏼. You may be better off to add some side wings to your existing blower to make it a little wider.
    Jamie

    2011 JD 1026R - w/60" NON-AutoConnect MMM, FEL w/WR Long Toothbar, 47" Front Mount Snowblower, 54" Front Mount Blade w/ Rubber Edge, 48" KingKutter Tiller & Brush Hog, CountyLine Carry All and CountyLine 60" Rear Blade, Pat's EZ-Change Quick Hitch System
    1990 JD 185 - 46"MMM w/Power Flow Bagger

  7. Top | #5

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Last Online
    03-03-2017 @ 08:44 PM
    Location
    North Central MA
    Posts
    31
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ColonyPark View Post
    I was just contemplating a bigger blower than my 47" today as I walked down to the barn looking at my little used 1026R. I was thinking more along the lines of a cab, 3 series and 59" blower though🏼. You may be better off to add some side wings to your existing blower to make it a little wider.
    If you look far into the distance you can see the cart way in front of the horse. In fact, I haven't even bought the horse yet. The dealer is waiting for new tires and a seat before I take delivery of my x748. Now that I am sure that I am getting an x748, I am on the hunt for a snow blower for it. I don't have a blower now, but I would very content to find a reasonably priced Model 47 Quickhitch.
    ColonyPark and arlen like this.
    Deere Enthusiast

  8. Top | #6
    arlen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Last Online
    Today @ 05:44 AM
    Location
    South East Minnesota
    Posts
    3,201
    Thanks
    339
    Thanked 425 Times in 321 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ggsteve View Post
    If you look far into the distance you can see the cart way in front of the horse. In fact, I haven't even bought the horse yet. The dealer is waiting for new tires and a seat before I take delivery of my x748. Now that I am sure that I am getting an x748, I am on the hunt for a snow blower for it. I don't have a blower now, but I would very content to find a reasonably priced Model 47 Quickhitch.
    I wouldn't put anything bigger than a 47 on the x748
    4720 66hp Open Station, Power Beyond, 3rd, 4th and 5th Rear SCV, iMatch, 400cx with SSQA, 3rd Loader Function, MX6, BoDozer Grapple
    JD 320D Skid Loader
    Gator 865r...Fully Pimped Out

    X748SE 24hp, 647 Tiller, 54" front blade, 47 Snow Blower, 62C deck, JD disk

    JD 997 Zero Turn

    Farmall B

    2 miniature donkeys, 1/8 hp (each)

  9. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements
     

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts