What Santa did not bring!! Bucket Hooks!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: What Santa did not bring!! Bucket Hooks!

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:38 PM
    Thanks

I had asked Santa for "Ken's Bolt On Hooks" and did not receive them. Just kidding. I am torn on what style to purchase. The bolt on style which would be quick and easy. Or, the weld on style, mounting them to a steel plate that runs across the width of my JD 2305 bucket. A friend of mine had a JD 4115 with a Fil. He had welded three hooks to a steel plate, then bolted the plate to the top of bucket. So I guess my question would be, Do I need to reinforce to top of the bucket with a plate of steel for the three hooks?
    I do not know if the steel on the JD 4115 bucket is same thickness as the JD 2305. I am sure the gauge of steel on the 2305 bucket is adequate for material handling, how about lifting from the center point only?
    Thanks, Bob
    Old Cajun likes this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:43 PM
    Thanks
    I have the 2305 and 3 hooks 2 KBOH's and 1 (Center) is a custom. I used the drill type and the biggest washers I could find to fit on the inside of the bucket. Never had any problems to date (5 years) I think Ken has backer plates or better yet Shackle plates that fit inside the bucket which would hold better and add more option/functions I would add no issues w/ lifting with center point alone, if you do flex the bucket you are lifting too much...

Ken??

good luck Fred
    Last edited by fdmars; 01-04-2016 at 04:44 PM.
    Levi likes this.
    2009 JD 2305 w/ Femco folding ROPS,Power Beyond Kit, KBOH, 54"MMM, 47" Snowblower, 200CX Loader w/ BB, Powerhorse 12 ton Logsplitter and King Kutter tool carrier and 17P kart
    2009 Cub Cadet/Yanmar ex3200, Land Pride 60” land plane and 60” finish mower, worksaver posthole digger w/ 9” auger, “The thumb” add on grapple, third function valve and KBOH of course

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:13 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,378 Times in 1,014 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wildfox View Post
    I had asked Santa for "Ken's Bolt On Hooks" and did not receive them. Just kidding. I am torn on what style to purchase. The bolt on style which would be quick and easy. Or, the weld on style, mounting them to a steel plate that runs across the width of my JD 2305 bucket. A friend of mine had a JD 4115 with a Fil. He had welded three hooks to a steel plate, then bolted the plate to the top of bucket. So I guess my question would be, Do I need to reinforce to top of the bucket with a plate of steel for the three hooks?
    I do not know if the steel on the JD 4115 bucket is same thickness as the JD 2305. I am sure the gauge of steel on the 2305 bucket is adequate for material handling, how about lifting from the center point only?
    Thanks, Bob
    Lamborghini Diablo, if ya going to go with this premise, go big.
    farmgirl19, Levi and Evergreen like this.
    Neil

2019 4066R with cab (aka Cooterpiller), 2014 997 Z Trak
    Other equip: 1982 IH 274 diesel, 1957 Farmall Cub, Woods Billy Goat 5 foot rotary cutter, Ford three point hitch 6 foot dozer blade,
    home brew dirt and gravel grader, dirt scoop, choppers, Woods six foot belly mount sickle bar, home brew 3PH 25 gallon sprayer, 1992 33 inch cut Snapper
    rear engine rider, 1984 30 inch cut Snapper rear engine rider.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Cajun View Post
    Lamborghini Diablo, if ya going to go with this premise, go big.
    Well if he's going to go big then he'll have to do so with American Muscle. Lamborghini Diablo, what's that?
    farmgirl19, rtgt and Old Cajun like this.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1˝" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks
    3 KBOH with 3 shackle plates. Never looked back.
    farmgirl19, rtgt, Levi and 1 others like this.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:38 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,149 Times in 2,588 Posts
    The top of the buckets are made from 10 gauge steel, and they are all virtually the same (except for the width) between your friends 4115/410 and the current 1 and 2 series with the H120 and H130 loaders. While a heavy steel plate might be nice for some (that may abuse their machines), its just not needed if common sense is used.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    01-22-2018 @ 08:31 PM
    Thanks
    Go with the bolt on hooks. A minimum of two spaced directly in front of the loader arms.
    rtgt and Levi like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Today @ 12:55 PM
    Thanks
    I started with 2 hooks and shackle backers, BUUUUUTTTT when Kenny announced the outlet sale I bought another set for the center. I found that I like to center lift some things and would rather have one chain pulling straight than side pulling from the two outside hooks. I don't think it will hurt the hooks, just a preference. I have not tested the limits yet, but it sure looks and feels like a solid setup.
    Levi likes this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Sorry for the move and editing.
    After reading your responses, I have decided to go with three bolt-on clevis's with backer plates. After they are painted and installed on the JD 2305 bucket, their first chore will to lift and remove gas engine from garden tractor for a starter replacement. My body will surely appreciate it.
    Thanks, Bob
    Gizmo2, fdmars, rtgt and 2 others like this.

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    Thanks
    Hey Folks,
    Make this New Year a happier one with a order.
    No commission received.
    Regards,
    Bob
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Logo Final Bolt on hooks.jpg  
    Gizmo2 likes this.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wildfox For This Useful Post:

Kennyd (01-06-2016)

14. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast