Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: PTO u joints

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    02-02-2016 @ 08:57 AM
    Thanks

PTO u joints

Does anyone know the part number of PTO u joints? Are they all basically the same from tractor to tractor and implement to implement? I sell u joints and get a killer price on them and would like to order some and keep some on stock, if it's a number I don't have.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Thanks
    Which PTO U-Joints on which implement and which tractor?
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:36 AM
    Thanks
    try this place...
    Weasler PTO Outer Tube, Metric #3 Series , 6006343 | PaulB

use the links on the left side to find what you need.

what shape is your tube?
    dzldanz likes this.
    - 2002 John Deere 4510 TLB PR,
    -Woods BB60X 60" rotary cutter
    -Countyline box blade,
    -Allis Chalmers sickle mower,
    -RED windrow rake,
    -titan 48" 3000 pound forks/bale spear
    - Farm Star rear bale spear

Yamaha Rhino 700, Yamaha Rhino 660,
    Murray 624 mower/38" deck

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Thanks
    I will check them out. So, I guess they're not all the same. Lol. This is all new to me and I didn't know if the joints were a standard size or not. The PTO shaft joints from the tractor to the implements are the joints I was referring to, To my tiller and spreader. I see when you buy a new implement, they usually come with a shaft and I was thinking the u joints may all be the same.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Are you looking for just the cross-bearing for the U-joint in a PTO shaft, or are you looking for the entire assembly?

Below is a diagram that shows an entire PTO shaft assy. Are you looking for the parts highlighted in yellow?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTO_joints.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	53.4 KB 
ID:	113793
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Thanks
    Yep, that's the ones. I sell them and just thought if I can get a number on them, I may have them or can order them and keep some on stock. I believe, if they're the ones I'm thinking, they're only like 8.00 ea.

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:00 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,662 Times in 1,091 Posts
    Not all pto shafts are the same or use the same size joints.
    -Blake

Your mileage may vary.

JD 6410
    Some other stuff

YouTube- Life in Wyoming

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    10-15-2019 @ 10:51 PM
    Thanks
    I can not see a tractor having a pto universal joint. One or more in the steering or perhaps front wheel drive (actually two per side I think on what I have)

Both the yolk and the cross vary as can be pretty easily seem walking around an equipment yard. Seems the grease fitting is getting omitted on some replacement stuff.

There is a way to position two joints on a shaft to make it turn as steady as possible.
    Last edited by Fran_K; 01-14-2016 at 05:31 PM.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:34 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by duster3404 View Post
    I will check them out. So, I guess they're not all the same. Lol. This is all new to me and I didn't know if the joints were a standard size or not. The PTO shaft joints from the tractor to the implements are the joints I was referring to, To my tiller and spreader. I see when you buy a new implement, they usually come with a shaft and I was thinking the u joints may all be the same.
    A part of the problem is that "PTO Shaft" can mean a couple of different things. Lots of folks here have CUTs with a PTO driven front snowblower or sweeper and the front PTO shafts are totally different than rear PTO shafts. Added to that, different manufacturers include different PTO shafts with their equipment so the only way to know if they are the same is to look up the parts breakdown for each individual shaft and see if you can cross-reference them.

The simple answer to your question is no, there no single universal use U joint for PTO shafts. But that doesn't mean that all of your's are different.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Today @ 09:48 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,286 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JimR View Post
    Added to that, different manufacturers include different PTO shafts with their equipment so the only way to know if they are the same is to look up the parts breakdown for each individual shaft and see if you can cross-reference them.

The simple answer to your question is no, there no single universal use U joint for PTO shafts. But that doesn't mean that all of your's are different.
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ - What he said.

As an example, below is a page from the PTO parts link posted earlier. You can see the variety of bearing sizes used, and this is just from one manufacturer.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PTO_types.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	378.9 KB 
ID:	113801
    dzldanz likes this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast