Like Tree17Likes

Thread: Pulley/hoist for implements

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks

Pulley/hoist for implements

To all,
    I have made shelves in the corner of my garage that will hold the implements off my 1025r. Top shelf holds 60" mower deck or fel bucket, middle shelf holds rear blade and underneath those shelves is garage floor but I built a stand for my tiller that has wheels so I can roll tiller underneath.
    Now I want to mount a pulley/hoist to my ceiling so I can pick these implements up from out in my garage and than have it either swivel or roll back over the top of my shelves and lower the implement onto shelf.
    Has anyone done anything like this? If you have what did you use, how did you do it and if you have pics to share that would be great to.
    Thanks JD family for your help and advice,
    Travis
    Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 02:19 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,699 Times in 1,286 Posts
    It seems like you would need a hoist arrangement that moves left-right, in-out. Most folks that use a similar storage arrangement simply store each implement in an old pallet and then use the loader with pallet forks to access and stow the implements as needed.
    Levi, thpohlman and KE8LW like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    11-06-2019 @ 08:20 AM
    Thanks
    Have to agree with JGAYMAN, I use pallets and forks to stack or move out of the way.
    thpohlman likes this.
    - Mike Bell
    2016 - 3039r Factory cab - 84" Woods box blade , 61" FEL - I-match - 2" Receiver - loaded rear AG (R-1) tires - 59" snow blower- 48" pallet forks - 84" Power angle rear blade
    2014 - 1025r TLB
    60" auto mowing deck, titan pallet forks, 1.5" rear wheel spacers, v bar tire chains, 3 Kens Bolt on Grab Hooks and 3 attaching clevis.
    1967 round fender 110 with snow blade ( restoration in progress)
    1965 round fender 110

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:51 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,132 Times in 2,575 Posts
    Sounds like your asking about a bridge or beam crane:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	overhead_crane_beam_trolley.jpg 
Views:	262 
Size:	45.5 KB 
ID:	116785

Forks would sure be cheaper and easier!
    Levi and thpohlman like this.
    Kenny

-John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab TLB
    FEL, MMM, Artillian 42" Forks and Modular Grapple, I-Match, Ballast Box, and lots of other STUFF.
    -John Deere 455 w/60" MMM

Bolt on Grab Hooks and other cool stuff are now for sale!!

Visit our YouTube Channel

My Equipment:
    John Deere 3720 Deluxe Cab, 300cx FEL, 366 Front Blade, 59" Front Snowblower, Ballast Box
    Artillian 3K Forks, Grapple, Front-Hoe Bucket
    John Deere 455, 60" MMM

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Today @ 02:25 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kennyd View Post
    That was my thought too but, it would work for the top shelf but not so well for the lower shelves.

+1 on getting pallet forks.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-09-2018 @ 07:41 PM
    Thanks
    Levi, jdmich and thpohlman like this.
    1025R, 60"mmm with hydraulic lift option,H120 loader with 53" FEL bucket, 260 backhoe, JD ROPS lights with Artillian horse blinders, Kenny's bucket hooks and clevis attachment for backhoe, ROPS mounted LED light bars x 2, 54" everything attachments box blade, JD 655 tiller, 60" rear blade , piranha tooth bar, 3 pt drawbar and trailer mover,

9. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:54 PM
    Thanks

This would be great if you had a solid cab that is taken off or put on as one piece. That is the only place forks would not work for you, unless you have two machines!
    thpohlman likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

10. Top | #8
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Pulley Hoist

Quote Originally Posted by thpohlman View Post
    To all,
    I have made shelves in the corner of my garage that will hold the implements off my 1025r. Top shelf holds 60" mower deck or fel bucket, middle shelf holds rear blade and underneath those shelves is garage floor but I built a stand for my tiller that has wheels so I can roll tiller underneath.
    Now I want to mount a pulley/hoist to my ceiling so I can pick these implements up from out in my garage and than have it either swivel or roll back over the top of my shelves and lower the implement onto shelf.
    Has anyone done anything like this? If you have what did you use, how did you do it and if you have pics to share that would be great to.
    Thanks JD family for your help and advice,
    Travis
    Your idea may be great in your thinking. You say hanging from your ceiling I do not know of any joist system that will support the weight your thinking of. Not only the implement but the weight of the system as well. Even if your talking a overhead trolley on tracks. How do you propose to support it. The only idea I can see other than those stated already which will take major supporting structure from the floor is a rolling system. A frame connected by the trolley and a A frame on the other end. Even with that your limited to the top shelf only as far as I see it. What your thinking of doing easily is NOT SAFE without a lot of engineering work first
    Levi, Evergreen and thpohlman like this.

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Today @ 11:47 AM
    Thanks

swinging lift

Take a look at some of the farm magazines that feature farm shops. Many of those incorporate a post lift that is essentially a piece of pipe in concrete with a lifting beam at the top. Those that lift heavy loads tie the top of the post into the structure. I think Successful Farmer has a monthly feature on farm shops and most have some sort of lift in them.

The engineering all depends on the weight to be lifted and the reach of your "crane". It's not hard to lift 4-500 pounds and reach out 4 feet as you can buy engine hoists/truck bed lifts to do that. Try to reach 10 feet and you are looking at an entirely different structure as the stress at the pivot point is 2 1/2 times as much. Lots of folks shop build lifts that can do what you want but make sure you have the steel and anchors correct or you risk damage or injury if something lets go.

Treefarmer
    John Deere 790, 300 loader w Ken's Bolt on Hooks & Piranha tooth bar, grapple, back blade, box blade, Bush Hog mower, couple of red tractors, hay equipment, various old stuff some red, one orange, some I don't remember

12. Top | #10

Last Online
    10-23-2019 @ 06:13 PM
    Thanks
    Your right about pallets being cheaper but a crane would be real cool and fun.

Travis Pohlman
    Nebraska
    JD 1025R / FORD 8N

13. Remove Advertisements