• 1 Post By John Deere 1025R TLB
  • 1 Post By John Deere 1025R TLB

Thread: Fertilizer Spreader for 1026R

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks

Fertilizer Spreader for 1026R

I own a John Deere 1026R. I need to spread some egg shells on my lawn. This fertilizer is usually used for farm fields and is wet. I am trying to find a spreader that will spread this with the 1026R. Any ideas? I was looking at the Frontier SS1023B spreader. Would that work for this? Any help would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    08-21-2019 @ 10:40 AM
    Thanks
    I have a similar spreader, looks identical but not green. It works great with anything granular such as dry fertilizer, seeds, sand or salt. It's basic operation is a hole in the bottom of it with a plate that closes off the holes. You can open or close off the hole to control the amount of material that flows thru the hole and drops onto to a spinning plate. So the material your spreading has to be able to flow by gravity thru the holes. I'm not familiar with wet egg shells, but if it's a granular consistency like fertilizer or seeds it should work fine. If it's more like a mud consistency it's not going to work.
    RandyM and BigJim55 like this.
    New JD 2032R 72MMM H130 Loader Kens hooks Frontier box blade Frontier forks ballast box old stuff LX4 brush hog JD tiller and landscape rake fertilizer spreader and fimco sprayer speco phd

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:41 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts
    Anything wet is going to be a problem. How do you or others do it now? Also, if you go with that unit I'd recommend the optional agitator. I am thinking that it is going to need all the help it can get.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:53 PM
    Thanks
    Simply pull one of these behind your tractor,,,

OOPS,, sorry,,, wrong pic,,,

pull this,,,

I would bet that spreader has no moist material issues,,,

Levi, BigJim55 and 56Nine like this.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:52 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lisal919 View Post
    I own a John Deere 1026R. I need to spread some egg shells on my lawn. This fertilizer is usually used for farm fields and is wet. I am trying to find a spreader that will spread this with the 1026R. Any ideas? I was looking at the Frontier SS1023B spreader. Would that work for this? Any help would be appreciated.
    Couple questions. How big is your lawn, how many lbs are you spreading and how often do you want to do It? If a single time maybe look at hand spreading. Where are you getting this?

By the way some of our group like to have fun, pay no nevermind. We are more than willing to help. I would suggest taking some of the product to the dealer and get his opinion. Lindsey??
    Last edited by John Deere 1025R TLB; 01-21-2016 at 01:57 PM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    47" 2 stage front QT Snow Blower
    647 Tiller
    54D QT mowing deck W/ independent lift
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    1972 Homelite XL12 inherited from Dad going strong!
    Stihl FS90 String Trimmer
    Mantis Rotary Tiller
    ABI 5ft. Heavy Duty Landscape Rake

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    09-28-2019 @ 09:25 AM
    Thanks
    The fertilizer was dumped on my property a couple years ago. I spread most of it in the hay fields last year. I have a little bit left over. My lawn is a quarter acre. It's a one time thing. I have couple spots I can't get the grass to grow and this is probably the only fertilizer to get it growing. I just wanted some John Deere owner's opinions.
    BigJim55 likes this.

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 04:13 PM
    Thanks
    That's a pretty expensive attachment to use just once. For just a quarter of an acre I would look for a small pull spreader that can be used behind lawn mowers or even a push version. They can be bought up at Walmart much cheaper. I would also question the fertilizer you are going to use. If I read right it was dumped on the ground and left outside? You're not going to loose anything by trying it but I doubt it will be much good.
    BigJim55 likes this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by lisal919 View Post
    The fertilizer was dumped on my property a couple years ago. I spread most of it in the hay fields last year. I have a little bit left over. My lawn is a quarter acre. It's a one time thing. I have couple spots I can't get the grass to grow and this is probably the only fertilizer to get it growing. I just wanted some John Deere owner's opinions.
    Hi Lisa, I agree with chuck. Spread it by hand. You I would think have a front end loader, Scoop it up and use a rounded tip shovel to spread on the bad area. If you want a fertilizer spreader for the hay fields a pull behind works well for pelletized fertilizer and lime. No need for a PTO driven unit. I get mushroom soil for my garden (30'x60') and use the loader to move the 25 yards then shovel by hand. I use it as mulch with newspaper under to keep the weeds down. Can't imagine you have that much left of the fertilizer you want to move. Think about it, you will have to shovel it by hand into the spreader, so use the FEL and shovel it out. Easier as it is already fluffed.

If you have other needs for the spreader please elaborate and I will try to guide you, if I am able. I don't have all the answers, but willing to help.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    647 Tiller
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Homemade 10 Kw PTO Driven Generator (Timing Belt Driven 2000RPM input, from front PTO)
    Mantis Rotary Tiller

11. Top | #9
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Was thinking about this. For this type material a manure spreader would probably work best. That is if you get some more truckloads of the stuff.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk
    BigJim55 likes this.
    MY2013 1025R TLB
    647 Tiller
    120H FEL W/ 49 in bucket
    260 BH W/ 12" bucket
    Mantis Rotary Tiller

12. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements