• 2 Post By golf12
  • 2 Post By Gizmo2

Thread: Quick hitch questions..

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks

Quick hitch questions..

Hey fellas.. I just bought a speeco quick hitch.. Great product. Heavy duty and well built from what I can see.. A couple of questions if you don't mind.. How much side to side movement do you guys have your 3pt hitches set up for?.. I have quite a bit of side to side and wondered if I should tighten it up a bit?.. In addition.. When I set an implement to the ground.. It sits a bit off to one side.. Should that be straightened or is that being nit picky?.. Lastly.. The pin at the top of my ballast box and box blade that goes into the top hook of the quick hitch do not seat all the way into the hook.. It's not fat enough.. Should I get a bushing for that pin to ensure its seated into the bottom of the top hook on the quick hitch?.. It's in there fairly deep just not sitting all the way to the bottom.. Hope my questions make sense!..
    2014 1023E - R4 Tires - H120 Loader - Ballast Box - Forward lighting kit with Artillian horse blinders - 48" Ratchet Rake Snow Edge - 42" HLA Forks
    2017 Z540R - 54" High Capacity Deck - Forward Lighting & Mulch Kit - 60" Farm King Rear Snow Blower

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:08 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by golf12 View Post
    Hey fellas.. I just bought a speeco quick hitch.. Great product. Heavy duty and well built from what I can see.. A couple of questions if you don't mind.. How much side to side movement do you guys have your 3pt hitches set up for?.. I have quite a bit of side to side and wondered if I should tighten it up a bit?.. In addition.. When I set an implement to the ground.. It sits a bit off to one side.. Should that be straightened or is that being nit picky?.. Lastly.. The pin at the top of my ballast box and box blade that goes into the top hook of the quick hitch do not seat all the way into the hook.. It's not fat enough.. Should I get a bushing for that pin to ensure its seated into the bottom of the top hook on the quick hitch?.. It's in there fairly deep just not sitting all the way to the bottom.. Hope my questions make sense!..
    1. You want as little side-to-side play as possible without anything binding. Adjust it for almost no play and then check to ensure that that 3PH goes up and down smoothly with no implement attached. You don't want to hear any snapping or clunking.

2. Not sure what you mean by the implement sitting off a bit to one side. Do you have a photo?

3. You should have a bushing for the top pin and both side pins. The most common arrangement is your Cat1 pin with a Cat1-to-Cat2 bushing inside a Cat2-to-Cat3 bushing.
    etcallhome, rtgt and Marlin like this.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:18 PM
    Thanks
    I put my iMatch hitch on and tightened things up so that I ended up with between 3/4" and 1" of side-to side play. I think some folks go tighter but I just wanted to make sure there was a little bit so nothing would bind up. I'd guess that if "things" are off to one side, perhaps one of your lift arms has more play than the other?
    etcallhome, rtgt and Marlin like this.
    D160 Mower/Bagger.
    2014 2032R tractor/H130 FEL w/Bolt-On Hooks/54" Snow Plow/iMatch Quick-Hitch/County Line 5' Scraper blade/County Line Carry-All/Artillian 42" Forks & QH Adapter/JD Ballast Box/Frontier SB1164 3PH Blower/Leinbach PHD/Wallenstien BX42 Chipper

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 11:59 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,907 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Your lift arms should be adjusted so there is very little to no side to side movement without binding anything as you lift or drop. You also center it this way.
    1026R -- 60D mmm -- H120 Loader -- Curtis 150 Tiller -- DR 3 point Chipper -- Howse Middle Buster -- Brinly 16 Blade Disk -- Kodiak 5' Box Blade -- 12-42 lb. suitcase weights -- Lawn roller -- Upgraded seat springs from psrumors -- Kennyd's bolt on hooks & clevis -- BXpanded tooth bar -- CMI 6' wagon -- Heavy Hitch Cultivator /garden bedder / hiller attachments --

Donated by some great people/vendors on here: 72 lb. wheel weights -- Bro-Tek 1" rear wheel spacers.
    NRA Life Member

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 08:39 PM
    Thanks
    The top pin set up.....
    A cat 1 pin with the 2 previously noted bushings....

Click image for larger version.

Name:	z2.JPG
Views:	25
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	123417

Name:	z3.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	123425

Name:	z4.JPG
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	123433
    etcallhome, Gizmo2, rtgt and 2 others like this.
    2014 1025R, H120 loader w/53" bucket and Heavy Hitch Tooth Bar, 54" Auto Connect MMM, 47" QH snow blower, Ballast box and loaded rear tires, Speeco Quick Hitch, Ken's Bolt-on Grab Hooks, King Kutter Carry All, 54" front QH blade w/Heavy Hitch skids, Titan 36" pallet forks, Land Pride GS0560 Grading Scraper, and chrome (kitchen drain pipe) exhaust tip!!

1950 Allis-Chalmers B, Electric start, PTO, Belt Pulley, Hydraulic pump. Stuck engine (a work in progress)

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    11-15-2019 @ 07:31 PM
    Thanks
    Outstanding everyone.. Thank you!.. The hitch came with the bushings for the bottom pins but I'll have to pick up a bushing for the top pin.. May as well grab a bunch of each while I'm at it since I figure I'll need them for every implement I get..
    Levi and Marlin like this.
    2014 1023E - R4 Tires - H120 Loader - Ballast Box - Forward lighting kit with Artillian horse blinders - 48" Ratchet Rake Snow Edge - 42" HLA Forks
    2017 Z540R - 54" High Capacity Deck - Forward Lighting & Mulch Kit - 60" Farm King Rear Snow Blower

9. Top | #7
    Senior GTT Super Slacker Gizmo2's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 06:29 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,101 Times in 3,023 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ErikR View Post
    The top pin set up.....
    A cat 1 pin with the 2 previously noted bushings....

Name:	z2.JPG
Size:	250.0 KB
ID:	123417

Name:	z3.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	243.6 KB
ID:	123425

Name:	z4.JPG
Size:	153.2 KB
ID:	123433
    Great post right there.
    Levi and TonyBMI like this.
    Keith

JD 2320, 200CX FEL/61" bucket , 46 BH/16" bucket, Artillian Forks, 72" Snow Blade, Landscape Rake, Ballast Box, PHD,
    BX42 Chipper, XUV 560 Gator, Z915B ZTrak

10. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements