Attaching A 52 QH Rotary Broom

Thread: Attaching A 52 QH Rotary Broom

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    04-30-2018 @ 07:51 PM
    Thanks

Attaching A 52 QH Rotary Broom

I'm looking into getting a 52" broom for the 1025. I've been online and I'm trying to see what else I may need in order for it to work, but have little familiarity with the implement.

I already have the 54" snowblower and blade - my quick hitch angles left and right already. I think I have most of the mounting hardware already.

Would I need an additional drive shaft that links with the drive shaft the snowblower uses? This is the only thing I can think of I may need besides the broom.

Thanks in advance,

Austin
    - Austin

2015 John Deere 1025R
    54" AutoConnect Mower Deck
    Protero PV18
    54" Snowblower
    54" Blade

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    11-17-2019 @ 06:14 AM
    Thanks

Rotary Broom

As shipped from the factory, the 52" rotary broom is complete. If you can mount the 54" MMM Snowblower, just remove the lock pin as you do for the snow plow. (I would get a tapered one to use for the blower cuz lining the factory pin up to lock the swivel assy on the front quick hitch can cause cussin')

Ken Richmond
    Philadelphia
    Last edited by kennyrichmond; 02-02-2016 at 06:01 AM.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks, ken.

Yeah....I know all about the cussing involved with that pin. I never thought of replacing it with a tapered one.

Thanks for the feedback.

Austin
    - Austin

2015 John Deere 1025R
    Protero PV18
    54" Snowblower
    54" Blade

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:10 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Deere View Post
    I'm looking into getting a 52" broom for the 1025. I've been online and I'm trying to see what else I may need in order for it to work, but have little familiarity with the implement.

I already have the 54" snowblower and blade - my quick hitch angles left and right already. I think I have most of the mounting hardware already.

Would I need an additional drive shaft that links with the drive shaft the snowblower uses? This is the only thing I can think of I may need besides the broom.

Thanks in advance,

Austin
    I just checked on a 52" broom myself. I also have the 54" snowblower which includes all the front mount and driveshaft components that you will need, except.... you will need the short drive shaft that connect the broom to the mid PTO drive shaft at the front hitch. This drive shaft does not come with the broom.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails John Deere - Parts Catalog - Frame 5_52 Broom.pdf  
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

7. Top | #5

Last Online
    Thanks

Sorry, Nope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    I just checked on a 52" broom myself. I also have the 54" snowblower which includes all the front mount and driveshaft components that you will need, except.... you will need the short drive shaft that connect the broom to the mid PTO drive shaft at the front hitch. This drive shaft does not come with the broom.
    The factory rotary broom kit comes supplied with a driveshaft and EZ coupler.

Ken Richmond
    Philadelphia

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyrichmond View Post
    The factory rotary broom kit comes supplied with a driveshaft and EZ coupler.

Ken Richmond
    Philadelphia
    Do you have the kit part number for the 1025R? I just looked at a 52" broom at the dealer and it didn't have the shaft with it. Maybe his isn't the kit, maybe just the broom.
    JD 1025 TLB (2013) ** 60D 7 Iron MMM w/auto-connect ** H120 FEL** 260 BH ** 54" snowblower ** 54" blade ** 52" Front Broom ** Ken's Bolt on Hooks ** Frontier BB2048L box scraper ** County Line 5' landscape rake ** JD Hydraulic Dump MCS ** Artillian Forks w/36" Forks ** JD 3 - Point Ballast Box ** JD I-Match Quick Hitch ** Heavy Hitch front Weight Bar ** Heavy Hitch 3 Point Weight Bar ** Fimco 40 Gallon Sprayer ** EA Aerator ** FitRite Hydraulics Rear SCV ** 12 - 40# suitcase weights

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Thanks

No Additional Parts except processing fee

Quote Originally Posted by Ray_PA View Post
    Do you have the kit part number for the 1025R? I just looked at a 52" broom at the dealer and it didn't have the shaft with it. Maybe his isn't the kit, maybe just the broom.
    Atlantic Tractor: 10/13/14

Description

Stock No. 21557A Serial No: 1M0052RBXHEQ19591 $ 2056.00
    New 2014 JD 52"
    Quick-Hitch Rotary Broom

Additional Parts

Processing Fee qty: 1 Price $ 39.00

Subtotal 2095.00

Total 2095.00

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

The Broom is shipped on a wooden pallet boxed in cardboard with the shaft bagged and tye-wrapped to the base with no instructions.

Ken Richmond
    Philadelphia
    Last edited by kennyrichmond; 02-04-2016 at 06:40 AM. Reason: additional information

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Thanks, gents.

I'm going to assume that it depends on where you get it. When I'm ready to snag one, I'll talk to the dealer and see what they have.

I figured the only thing that I would need besides the broom would be the drive shaft. If the broom doesn't arrive with one, I can't imagine its too expensive to get one.

Again, thanks.

Austin
    - Austin

2015 John Deere 1025R
    Protero PV18
    54" Snowblower
    54" Blade

11. Top | #9

Last Online
    Thanks

Nope, it does not depend on where you get the Broom

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Deere View Post
    Thanks, gents.

I'm going to assume that it depends on where you get it. When I'm ready to snag one, I'll talk to the dealer and see what they have.

I figured the only thing that I would need besides the broom would be the drive shaft. If the broom doesn't arrive with one, I can't imagine its too expensive to get one.

Again, thanks.

Austin
    The shaft for the 52" & 60" rotary brooms has no separate part number to order, only its components do. The shaft comes fastened to the brooms. Cut the tye-wrap and banding from the pallet, drive up, engage the pins, lift it. Unpin and set aside the stand poles, and remove the slide-in spacer washers from the 2 castor pins, Now set the finger adjusting rod to mid point on its threaded length, (CW raises the broom) then lower the broom hydraulically until it just touches a level surface then reinstall the slide washers on the castor pins above and below the castor pin holes as needed. You might have to lift the broom 1/2 inch to get the castors at a course level with the slide-in washers. Then use the finger wheel to finely adjust the pressure you want on the quills' ground contact. If you're cleaning mud clumps and such from concrete walks and driveways,(wear a surgical mask) you'll be twisting the finger wheel counter clockwise a quarter turn every half hour or so to take up quill wear. So use the slide washers on the castors so that the finger wheel threaded adjusting rod is midway down its length so that you can fine tune the quill pressure for different brushing conditions. It does a heck of a job on snow up to about 3-4 inches and you must increase quill pressure for wet snow. You can do a very decent grass, pre-overseeding, de-thatching job by practicing with just the right the pressure. Likewise cleaning and leveling crush and run.

I could never locate a manual. Zamoth Brushes supplies replacement quill wheels at a very reasonable price.

Ken Richmond
    Philadelphia
    Last edited by kennyrichmond; 02-04-2016 at 03:53 PM.

12. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kennyrichmond View Post
    Atlantic Tractor: 10/13/14

Description

Stock No. 21557A Serial No: 1M0052RBXHEQ19591 $ 2056.00
    New 2014 JD 52"
    Quick-Hitch Rotary Broom

Additional Parts

Processing Fee qty: 1 Price $ 39.00

Subtotal 2095.00

Total 2095.00

__________________________________________________ ______________________________

The Broom is shipped on a wooden pallet boxed in cardboard with the shaft bagged and tye-wrapped to the base with no instructions.

Ken Richmond
    Philadelphia
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

13. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements