Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: H120 & RC2048 Help

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    07-11-2015 @ 12:27 PM
    Thanks

H120 & RC2048 Help

I'm still trying to aclimate myself to my new 1026R and was hoping I could get a few tips from you guys as it regards attaching both the H120 and the RC2048. I have the manuals of course but there's nothing like the sage old advice of seasoned pros! Anyway with the bush hog (or any rear 3 PT implement) what should I connect first? I haven't used it often and it seems as though the most important step is actually removing it so it's easier to connect. As for the H120 I typically don't run into problems until it comes to removing it.

Any tips you guys have is much appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    06-22-2015 @ 11:18 AM
    Thanks
    You can connect rear implements with the FEL on or off, and it's very easy to remove.
    Mowin' till it's Snowin'!

1023E

Former member of "The Ready First Combat Team" The Rock 3AD, Germany

4. The Following User Says Thank You to shock-n-awe For This Useful Post:

lreagan12 (06-22-2012)

5. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Thanks

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by shock-n-awe View Post
    You can connect rear implements with the FEL on or off, and it's very easy to remove.
    I guess I should have said my question had two parts!

1. Bush hog - best way to connect it, and
    2. H120 - best way to connect it.

I'm hoping that you guys have figured out what works best with each.

Thanks!

6. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

7. Top | #4
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 2,615 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lreagan12 View Post
    I'm still trying to aclimate myself to my new 1026R and was hoping I could get a few tips from you guys as it regards attaching both the H120 and the RC2048. I have the manuals of course but there's nothing like the sage old advice of seasoned pros! Anyway with the bush hog (or any rear 3 PT implement) what should I connect first? I haven't used it often and it seems as though the most important step is actually removing it so it's easier to connect. As for the H120 I typically don't run into problems until it comes to removing it.

Any tips you guys have is much appreciated!
    What problems are you having with your loader?

As far as the 3PH is concerned, you might want to get a quick hitch. There are a bunch of different models from various manufacturers. It makes life so much easier. No wrestling involved. If you're connecting an implement the standard way, start with the bottom arms first. Once you get one connected, you can use the tractor's lift and be able to move it back and forth to get the other lift arm. The top link is adjustable so connecting it is relatively easy. Don't forget to put your PTO draft shaft shields on to prevent accidents.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to dieselshadow For This Useful Post:

lreagan12 (06-22-2012)

9. Top | #5

Last Online
    03-31-2017 @ 04:42 PM
    Thanks

easy attachment method

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01665.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	9432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01663.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	9431
    I guess I should have said my question had two parts!

1. Bush hog - best way to connect it, and
    2. H120 - best way to connect it.

I'm hoping that you guys have figured out what works best with each.

Thanks!
    I don't have a bush hog, so I can't help you there. I set my FEL down on two mover's dollies when I remove it. To reinstall it, I just get the tractor somewhat close, hook up the hoses, restart the engine, and from the seat pull the FEL to where it lines up. Then use the hydraulics to lower it into place and latch it. I use a mover's dolly with a homemade rack on it for my box blade. I just lower the blade onto the dolly and remove it there. When you reattach it, you don't have to struggle to drag it around to get it back on the 3PH. I was considering a quick hitch, but decided I didn't need it. You might be able t use this method with your Bush Hog.
    Last edited by Kid mechanic; 06-22-2012 at 07:31 PM. Reason: finally got the pictures to load

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Kid mechanic For This Useful Post:

lreagan12 (06-22-2012)

11. Top | #6
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid mechanic View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01665.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	9432Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC01663.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	1.11 MB 
ID:	9431

I don't have a bush hog, so I can't help you there. I set my FEL down on two mover's dollies when I remove it. To reinstall it, I just get the tractor somewhat close, hook up the hoses, restart the engine, and from the seat pull the FEL to where it lines up. Then use the hydraulics to lower it into place and latch it. I use a mover's dolly with a homemade rack on it for my box blade. I just lower the blade onto the dolly and remove it there. When you reattach it, you don't have to struggle to drag it around to get it back on the 3PH. I was considering a quick hitch, but decided I didn't need it. You might be able t use this method with your Bush Hog.
    That would be ideal! however the garage is full of cars and the shed I park the 1026r in isn't big enough for the bush hog and FEL. Cool way to do it though and thanks!

12. Top | #7
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    What problems are you having with your loader?

As far as the 3PH is concerned, you might want to get a quick hitch. There are a bunch of different models from various manufacturers. It makes life so much easier. No wrestling involved. If you're connecting an implement the standard way, start with the bottom arms first. Once you get one connected, you can use the tractor's lift and be able to move it back and forth to get the other lift arm. The top link is adjustable so connecting it is relatively easy. Don't forget to put your PTO draft shaft shields on to prevent accidents.
    The iMatch is on my Christmas list. In the meantime I should start with the lower arms, then the pivot arm and lastly the PTO shaft?

I'm having the typical rookie problem with the loader. I don't always get the stand/boom arms just right to take the pressure off the locking plates...I guess I just need more time with the joystick...problem is I've only used it twice so far and it's as if I have to re-learn each time.

The first time I disconnected I forgot to lower the front tires after disconnecting the hydraulics. Of course I forgot to relieve the pressure at the lines and that created quite the mess. Thankfully I found a thread here which taught me how to relieve the pressure. That at least won't happen again

Thanks gents!

13. Top | #8
    rgd
    Last Online
    02-18-2019 @ 11:52 AM
    Thanks
    A small tip that was taught to me years ago from an old farmer....before I bought the quick hitch. (a must have IMO) . Use a shovel to help to engage the lower arms. It makes a great leverage/pivotal tool for hooking up the pins. For example, I'd back up as close as possible,adjust the 3PH to where the eyes were the same level as the pins, loosen the sway chains,slide one side on and if needed use the shovel ,by putting the blade up under the attachment near me , pry down and swivel the shovel handle to walk it into position...then be sure to re-tighten the sway chains
    JD 2520 TLB
    JD gt 275

Always remember that you're unique. Just like everyone else.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to rgd For This Useful Post:

lreagan12 (06-22-2012)

15. Top | #9
    Keeper of the GTT Cookies dieselshadow's Avatar
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 09:37 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 4,346 Times in 2,615 Posts
    The iMatch is on my Christmas list. In the meantime I should start with the lower arms, then the pivot arm and lastly the PTO shaft?

I'm having the typical rookie problem with the loader. I don't always get the stand/boom arms just right to take the pressure off the locking plates...I guess I just need more time with the joystick...problem is I've only used it twice so far and it's as if I have to re-learn each time.

The first time I disconnected I forgot to lower the front tires after disconnecting the hydraulics. Of course I forgot to relieve the pressure at the lines and that created quite the mess. Thankfully I found a thread here which taught me how to relieve the pressure. That at least won't happen again

Thanks gents!
    You got the procedure down for the 3PH.

When disconnecting your FEL, there's no need to lift your front tires off the ground. You just have to push the bucket down far enough to unload the latches. You can watch them unload as you push the joystick forward.
    lreagan12 likes this.
    - Jason

GreenTractorTalk.com Rules, Policies, and Terms of Use

Subscribe to dieselshadowman on YouTube

2720 w/ 200CX FEL
    , Ken's weld-on hooks, Fit Rite Hydraulics Top and Tilt kit, Artillian forks.
    1954 60 - getting full restoration, 1964
    110 round fender in the shop for crustoration
    Ferris IS3200Zzero turn mower

Quote Originally Posted by Gizmo2 View Post
    Dieselshadow is my Hero.

16. Top | #10
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by dieselshadow View Post
    You got the procedure down for the 3PH.

When disconnecting your FEL, there's no need to lift your front tires off the ground. You just have to push the bucket down far enough to unload the latches. You can watch them unload as you push the joystick forward.
    Interesting on the FEL. So do I ever need to slightly raise the front tires?

17. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast