Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cheesetrain

Thread: Disc plow Question

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks

Disc plow Question

I have a 5065E with Power reverser trans, and was looking at a 2 disc disc plow. Discs are 26 inches and they say it has a 30 inch cut. With my rear tires set all the way in will this work with my tractor. Do you think my tires will ride in the furrow correctly.

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2

Last Online
    09-23-2019 @ 09:49 PM
    Thanks
    It might work if you adjust your sway bars to hold the plow all the way to the one side.
    2014 5045E, H240 Loader, Speeco Cat. 2 Quick Hitch, Woods SB84C Snow blower, King Kutter 72" Back Blade converted to Cat. 2, Unknown Antique 72" Disc Converted to Cat. 2.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Today @ 06:32 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,406 Times in 1,495 Posts
    The Operator's Manual for the plow should give the dimension for the wheel setting. If I recall the dimension it will give is from the center of the tractor to the inside of the tire. The OM should also give starting measurements for the center link and the lift links.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch
    445, 54 mower and 54 front blade
    80 dump cart, 21 walk behind mower

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 08:43 AM
    Thanks
    Not sure on a disk plow but all the mold board plows I've used allow you to shift the plow farther to the right if needed to get it to track right and the tractor to ride in the furrow. We had a four bottom International plow that worked this way. The main beam that hooked to the 3pt arms had five holes in it. You took the bolts out, slid the plow left or right on the beam and put the bolts back in. If we used our 85hp tractor it was narrower than the 110hp one so we'd have to slide it.

EDIT: Reading the original post again I'm guessing that a two disk disk plow is just on the three point. The plows I've used only use the lower 3pt arms because they have a wheel at the back. I found this picture from an ebay listing of an International plow. If you look at the first picture it shows the piece that hooks to the 3pt arms. Notice that there are two extra holes in this beam to allow you to shift the plow left or right so that the tractor rides in the furrow.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/INTERNATIONA...3D111044766495

Why a disk plow by the way????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cheesetrain; 02-04-2016 at 09:13 AM.
    BigJim55 likes this.
    1025R w\ block heater and one rear work light
    H120 FEL w 53" bucket, 54" QH blade, 60" MMM w\ autoconnect, mulch kit and independent lift kit
    JD 3 bag MCS with powerflow
    Land Pride RTA1250 tiller and CA1556 core aerator
    Imatch Quick Hitch
    JamisonBryce MCS Imatch adapter
    Heavy Hitch weight bracket & sub soiler combo
    CMP Attachments 60" HD front dethatcher
    Garber 72" 3pt mount drop spreader
    Countyline 3pt PHD with 9" diameter auger

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Thanks
    JD semi-integral plows had the option of hydraulic landing. They used a hydraulic cylinder on the hitch to move the front of the plow left or right to get the full width of cut on the front bottom.
    Don

2320, 54D MMM, 200CX FEL, 54 Front Blade with Artillian Extensions, Omni Transformer Hitch

8. Top | #6

Last Online
    Today @ 07:54 AM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DRobinson View Post
    JD semi-integral plows had the option of hydraulic landing. They used a hydraulic cylinder on the hitch to move the front of the plow left or right to get the full width of cut on the front bottom.
    I don't remember ever seeing a JD 3 pt disk plow with hyd landing. I know for sure my JD F225 doesn't have hyd landing.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 29029.jpg  

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    Today @ 08:08 AM
    Thanks
    My tractor is at our property where i cant get the draw bar to inside of rear tire measurement, and this was a very nice slightly used disc plow at a good price. I have some tuff ground i would like to turn for food plots Thanks for the help, but im going to go get the measurement before purchase.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Tx Jim View Post
    I don't remember ever seeing a JD 3 pt disk plow with hyd landing. I know for sure my JD F225 doesn't have hyd landing.
    I wasn't referring to 3 point disc plows. I'm not sure I ever saw a disc plow. When there were farmers here, they used moldboard plows. After you mentioned hydraulic landing on a 3 point plow, I think I remember that the later 3 point moldboard plows had hydraulic landing as an option. There was a hydraulic cylinder with the stationary end on the plow frame and the the other end on the crossbar that connected to the lower lift links. The bar was made with offset ends so that it moved the plow when the cylinder was extended or retracted. If I can remember I will get into the parts catalogs and see what I can find.
    Don

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements