• 3 Post By Chuck S
  • 5 Post By RandyM

Thread: John Deere Naming/Numbering PiA

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 10:22 PM
    Thanks

John Deere Naming/Numbering PiA

Has anyone else noticed what a royal PiA John Deere's numbering of implements and equipment is?

I have been trying to set up web crawlers to find a used John Deere 260 Backhoe to go with my 1025r. A quick search for John Deere 260 or even Deere 260 attachment returns a ton of equipment that has absolutely no bearing on what I want. I've had results for skid steers, mowers, front end loaders, and various other parts and pieces and only two of what I was looking for but the listings were 3 years old.

End of rant.

Is there another number for the 260 backhoe I should be using that will actually work?
    etcallhome, Levi and danmorea like this.
    2014 John Deere 1025R, 54D MMM, H120 Loader, 647 Rotary Tiller (purchased new from dealer April 2014)

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KD7CAO View Post
    Has anyone else noticed what a royal PiA John Deere's numbering of implements and equipment is?

I have been trying to set up web crawlers to find a used John Deere 260 Backhoe to go with my 1025r. A quick search for John Deere 260 or even Deere 260 attachment returns a ton of equipment that has absolutely no bearing on what I want. I've had results for skid steers, mowers, front end loaders, and various other parts and pieces and only two of what I was looking for but the listings were 3 years old.

End of rant.

Is there another number for the 260 backhoe I should be using that will actually work?
    Can't you include the word backhoe to your search ("john deere 260 backhoe") and greatly reduce the fluff?
    Levi likes this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

4. Top | #3
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 05:45 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    Can't you include the word backhoe to your search ("john deere 260 backhoe") and greatly reduce the fluff?
    That all fine and dandy in a normal "that makes sense" world but I have found that what you and I call it and what deere calls it can be 2 different things.I've ran across this many times and not having the right terminology turns up "not found".It's probably listed as rear attachment backhoe or hydraulic hole maker,it can be frustrating.
    HydroHarold, Levi and KD7CAO like this.
    Tom

2019 X590 with power mulch control and PF bagger
    30" mechanical tiller
    02 X595 with 62" deck,front thatcher and powerflow PTO kit
    3pt hitch with Heavy Hitch 45 JD loader
    12 JD suitcase weights
    JD/Brinly 3pt plow
    Frontier SS1036 3pt pto spreader
    (2) JS63C walk behind mowers
    TS 105 JD weed wacker
    tow behind 15 gal. sprayer
    Turftime 60" lawn roller
    Turftime 54" 3pt core aerator

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 07:06 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,549 Times in 1,635 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 56Nine View Post
    If you use JD Parts ,,I've only been able to enter a model # such as 260 or 425 ,445 for a JD425 or JD445 LG tractor.

Not saying I right.
    DRobinson and Levi like this.
    Gene

Have fun and be safe !!!
    USAR 8yr 8 mo SSG 99th ARCOM
    JD 1025R, H120 FEL 54" bucket, 54" mmm Auto Conn, 54" Front blade, JD back hoe ,JD IMatch, 48" Bush Hog tiller, Middlebuster from MF dealer, used King Kutter 5' rear blade, a new 47" JD Front blower and Original Tractor cab w/heater.
    We have a Red Honda Pioneer 700-4 (4 seater) w/soft top , doors, and winch.

7. Top | #5
    Last Online
    Yesterday @ 10:01 PM
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by etcallhome View Post
    If you use JD Parts ,,I've only been able to enter a model # such as 260 or 425 ,445 for a JD425 or JD445 LG tractor.

Not saying I right.
    I agree regarding jdparts. A crawler is a completely different beast and not limited to the input form on one page. I apologize for the mobile URL: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_crawler

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    etcallhome likes this.
    Darwin
    1025r -> 60D Auto Connect MMM; H120 FEL, 53" bucket, KBOH (3), shackle backer (3), bolt on replaceable cutter; Frontier SB1154; 5' king cutter box blade; king cutter 3pt trailer mover; JD ballast box; 1.25" rear wheel spacers, 40 gallon Fimco sprayer, 52" Ohio Steel lawn sweeper, 3pt King Kutter Poly Fertilizer spreader.

8. Top | #6
    Last Online
    08-12-2019 @ 10:22 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah and the number of sites that sell stuff complicate it further by putting their own terminology on it

Eric Gildersleeve ~ KD7CAO
    Krugerville, TX, USA
    John Deere 1025r
    2014 John Deere 1025R, 54D MMM, H120 Loader, 647 Rotary Tiller (purchased new from dealer April 2014)

9. Top | #7

Last Online
    11-11-2019 @ 07:19 PM
    Thanks
    Yeah it gets annoying. Everytime I go in the dealership it seems a new person is behind the counter. I ask for parts for a 4010 tractor and they look dumbfounded at me. I have to tell them it is a 1960 John Deere 4010 tractor not a newer compact lawn mower. Same way I have a JD 2510 tractor but a 2520 lawn mower. I have a parts book for most of my equipment so a lot of the time I just copy off the page with a part number and tell them this right here. Gets really bad however when I buy filters in the spring. I have all the numbers wrote down on a piece of paper I sit in front of them. All they have to do is go right down the list. I've still had them mess that up. It's not always the parts guys fault though. On some of them they keep changing the numbers and they don't sub them. My JD Buck 4 wheeler oil filter is one that is bad about that. About every year they change the number to something else and they have to go digging into the computer to find it. Doesn't help they used different filters for that machine.
    etcallhome, Levi and TJR345 like this.

10. Top | #8
    Last Online
    11-08-2019 @ 09:10 AM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,064 Times in 674 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Chuck S View Post
    Yeah it gets annoying. Everytime I go in the dealership it seems a new person is behind the counter. I ask for parts for a 4010 tractor and they look dumbfounded at me. I have to tell them it is a 1960 John Deere 4010 tractor not a newer compact lawn mower. Same way I have a JD 2510 tractor but a 2520 lawn mower. I have a parts book for most of my equipment so a lot of the time I just copy off the page with a part number and tell them this right here. Gets really bad however when I buy filters in the spring. I have all the numbers wrote down on a piece of paper I sit in front of them. All they have to do is go right down the list. I've still had them mess that up. It's not always the parts guys fault though. On some of them they keep changing the numbers and they don't sub them. My JD Buck 4 wheeler oil filter is one that is bad about that. About every year they change the number to something else and they have to go digging into the computer to find it. Doesn't help they used different filters for that machine.
    You can solve all you parts problems by just ordering them on JDParts. Then just go to the dealer and pick them up. Also, we have a couple of really good vendors here on the forum that will send your parts right to your front door. Check 'em out.
    DRobinson, Levi, KD7CAO and 2 others like this.
    Randy __________________________________________________ ___ Be Safe!

2009 - 2305 w/62 MMM **** 2008 - 2520 w/72 MMM **** 200CX w/49 bucket
    Weight Box w/extension ***** LandPride RTR 1558 Tiller ******* 54 Snow blower
    60 Gallon Demco Sprayer *** 60 Broom ** BB2060 Box Blade**SS2036B Spreader
    Everything Attachments ETA-PluggerV2-60 Aerator

The more I learn, the less I know.

11. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements