Longshot question: Anyone know about converting a 440 pin-on loader to QA?
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Zebrafive

Thread: Longshot question: Anyone know about converting a 440 pin-on loader to QA?

1. Top | #1
    Last Online
    @
    Thanks

Longshot question: Anyone know about converting a 440 pin-on loader to QA?

Someone called asking about forks for a 440 pin-on loader. Since the 440 was available as either pin-on or QA, I took a quick look and the QA parts are still available from Deere (Thanks, John Deere!!). The pin-on loader boom has a different part number than the QA boom, but that might be for other reasons than dimensions at the front.

Does anyone here have any helpful information about the feasibility of converting over?

Alternatively, if anyone has the 440 QA, might I trouble you for a couple of measurements to help the gentleman figure it out?
    Tractor Attachments Maximized for Versatility
    www.ARTILLIAN.com
    Email: [email protected]

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:27 PM
    Thanks
    Looking at the drawings and part list at JDparts the only difference I see is the pin on boom has what look like angle iron on the back side of the boom at the bucket end. Both use the same size bushings and pin diameters. I do NOT think there would be a difference in width or they would also need different mounts/masts. I suspect when the design was changed to make it Quick Attach the angles were no longer needed or determined not needed in the first place and eliminated. Hence a change in P/Ns
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 440pinonboom.gif   440qaboom.jpg  
    johnH123 likes this.
    J
    John Deere 2030 w/245SL Loader
    John Deere 6415 w/640SL Loader
    John Deere 285 50" deck Stolen May 2017
    John Deere x485 62" deck AWS
    Kawasaki Mule 2510 4x4 bought new 1996
    Ford F250 4x4 bought new 1978

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Zebrafive For This Useful Post:

Artillian (02-19-2016)

5. Top | #3
    Banned
    Last Online
    03-19-2016 @ 10:57 PM
    Thanks

Adapter

I made a adapter plate for the 410 on my 4100 to go from a pin on Curtis plow to the JD quick attach. Posted the pics in older posts. But was very simple. Did it with two pieces of 1/4 by 6 flat stock Used on solid piece about 18 inches long and then cut one in half about 8 inches long. welded them together making like a L shape. Drilled the hole for the lower pin on the loader arm. Then Clamped to the loader frame and placed the JD pre bend hook on the loader and tac welded, in place then made the second one a mirror image of the first. That way the holes were at the same level as was the top hook. I welded a small shim across the hook top back tot he plate for more strength on the hook. Then you just line up on any bucket you want and weld to it. If I could do it any one can. Did it with only a cutoff wheel on a 4 1/2 die grinder and drill press and welder.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to TonyBMI For This Useful Post:

Artillian (02-19-2016)

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements