What do I need to add a blower

Thread: What do I need to add a blower

1. Top | #1

Last Online
    10-02-2016 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks

What do I need to add a blower

I have a 1025r with the power angle blade what else do I need to run a blower and can I use the power angle quick hitch? What do I do with the angle hoses if so?

2. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

3. Top | #2
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmpbell View Post
    I have a 1025r with the power angle blade what else do I need to run a blower and can I use the power angle quick hitch? What do I do with the angle hoses if so?
    You basically just need the front PTO kit and the blower itself. You can use the power angle quick tach. You will disconnect the hoses for the tilt cylinder and use those connections for the chute rotation control. There is a pin that you will insert that fixes the hitch facing forward and prevents it from turning.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

4. Top | #3

Last Online
    10-02-2016 @ 06:09 PM
    Thanks
    So do I need to add quick connects at the tilt cylinder to take them off

5. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements

6. Top | #4
    Last Online
    Today @ 01:36 PM
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,703 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bmpbell View Post
    So do I need to add quick connects at the tilt cylinder to take them off
    Not really. You can simply disconnect them back at the mid-SCVs and leave them hang there. That would make it very easy to switch from the blade to the blower. I wouldn't put it past JD to put something in the manual that instructs you to remove the tilt cylinder. I can imagine that with the cylinder still in place it will be very difficult to position it just perfectly so the lock-out pin can be inserted. You also do not want to forget about the lock pin and then try to pressurize the tilt cylinder.
    2012 2720 -- 200CX Loader -- 54" Quick Attach Snow Blower -- Frontier LR5060 Rake -- Land Pride RB1660 Blade (Hydraulic Angle) -- Artillian 42" Forks -- Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks -- Fit Rite Hydraulic top-link -- 2013 X500 for mowing duties

7. Remove Advertisements
    GreenTractorTalk.com
    Advertisements